LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What do you guys think of this car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-09, 10:52 AM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What do you guys think of this car?

We are really itching for a new car. We picked up an LS430 last week for my mom but now we are trying to get rid of our X5. I wanted to know if I can get input on this car:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...e&aff=national

What do you guys think of the price? It seems to be the best price I can find now...do you guys think prices will drop more as the end of the year approaches?

Also I know to check for windnoise and to make sure the car has the double laminated glass. Anything else?
Old 11-28-09, 11:05 AM
snoylekim
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IStoSC
We are really itching for a new car. We picked up an LS430 last week for my mom but now we are trying to get rid of our X5. I wanted to know if I can get input on this car:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...e&aff=national

What do you guys think of the price? It seems to be the best price I can find now...do you guys think prices will drop more as the end of the year approaches?

Also I know to check for windnoise and to make sure the car has the double laminated glass. Anything else?
Don't know that market ..but up here CPO 2007s are starting in the mid to upper 40s, depending on the mileage . See if you can check the service report as well as the CARFAX for fuel rail recall and possibly the wind noise glass fix ( as well as any other nuggets) .. also, sometimes you can tell if the miles were 'highway' or 'local' from those two ..
Old 11-28-09, 02:35 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would pay slightly more to get half as many miles. There is no shortage of these cars in the Palm Beach area. I would be picky and only go after the right one.
Old 11-28-09, 06:23 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

im shopping for one hard here in So Cal.

From what I see here, this is a good price considering it has the ML audio.

If it has the comfort package and they dropped on Chrome alloys I would say you were golden. The mileage I dont think is that big of an issue if its CPO, they cover it for the next 3 years or up to 100k miles.
Old 11-28-09, 06:57 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a very good price, mileage is a bit high for 2007 but since its CPO this is solid IMO. Good luck!
Old 11-28-09, 10:04 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Picked her up as a trade with the X5! Our X5 was really crapping up (literally leaking oil on the way to Lexus so we had to stop at Walmart and get some synth oil) and we were able to bargain really well for it and I think my dad did really well for the car. We walked in around closing time and worked out a sweet deal. Anyway, she's graphite and interior is black. Its got every option for the swb including the auto parking / door closers / ML / Nav...etc...car is pristine and drives like a dream. No road noise or anything like that. The service records are legit and the cars been well maintained and they threw in new tires which are always nice and its great having the CPO. Anything else I should look for in the next few days?
Old 11-28-09, 11:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow another new ls460 owner, welcome to the club
Old 11-29-09, 05:11 AM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW, I think this person got a good deal. Yes, the miles are up there but, here comes 2010. If its a 2007 LS460 its possible it was purchased in 2006(end of that year)! Also, if you take care of a car the miles play a small part in how well it will treat you. If the previous owner did service needed to the LS it should be great and not cause any issues aside from normal wear and tear!!! Have fun with your new automobile!! L.G.N.M

Last edited by usermel; 11-29-09 at 05:12 AM. Reason: spelling!
Old 11-29-09, 10:40 AM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

^sweet thanks!