LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 460 Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09, 06:50 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by stanatl
Just got back from the dealership. I put down a deposit on the car and will be picking it up on Saturday. Timing is great as my 550i comes off lease tomorrow.

The car drives much tighter than the standard LS (which I test drove last week). It has adjustments for the suspension (sport/comfort) and for height (high/standard) that the standard LS 460 doesn't have. It also has paddle shifters on an all leather steering wheel. I drove it in the sport configuration and with the Power setting for the transmission.

Subjectively, the acceleration from a stop doesn't seem to be any different than the standard LS. The acceleration from a stop is markedly different than my 550i and much different as well than the E550 that I was considering. Those cars jump off the line when floored - particulary the
E550. The LS Sport moves pretty well but not nearly as quick. I expected it as it is I believe it is a heavier car with less toruque at higher RPM's.

I took it through a series of curves on an isolated road and that was where I really saw the difference vs. the standard model. While it is not a BMW sport (which holds the turns like it is on rails), it has MUCH less lean in the turns and has a much firmer feel. It also has much less front end drop when stopping suddenly. On the highway, the acceleration at speed was pretty good and the paddle shifters are fun.

Interestingly, the ride was still very comfortable over bumpy roads - certainly not harsh. The road noise was much less than my BMW - which I would expect.

The sport seats had more pronounced cushion and back rest bolsters and were supportive through the twisties.

I was somewhat concerned about my I-phone pairing with the car because the link on the web site didn't show the I-phone as an approved phone. There was no problem - it linked right away and transferred all 825 contacts.

They are shipping all of the Sport models with a comfort package that doesn't include the Levinson radio. I would have liked to have had the upgraded radio but you can't have everything. The other thing I would have liked to have was the laser cruise control as I really liked that in my BMW. I guess that is not available as an option on the SWB car.

All in all I fell in love with the car and am looking forward to getting back into a Lexus (this will be my third).
Great review!! If interested, we have a meet this Sunday in Atlanta if you have her!!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...of-ga-dec.html
Old 12-04-09, 07:52 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stanatl
Picking it up today at about noon from Nalley Lexus in Roswell, Georgia.

I'll be sure to post some pictures!!
Nice! I used to work at Nalley Smyrna but am close with some of the staff at the Roswell location.

My coworker will actually be at the Nalley Roswell store today too...she's picking up a black/black IS 250

Congrats!
Old 12-04-09, 09:05 AM
ls460love
Driver

No levinson!?!? I wonder why? That's a biggie...
Old 12-04-09, 11:18 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Great review!! If interested, we have a meet this Sunday in Atlanta if you have her!!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...of-ga-dec.html
Thanks! I just picked it up and would have loved to come Sunday but I already have plans. Maybe another weekend.
Old 12-06-09, 06:35 PM
stanatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AceVA
Very nice! Congratulations - can't wait to see pictures.

Does the sport feel more connected to the road? I actually prefer the disconnected floating-on-a-couch feeling of the standard LS, so if that's the case, I may opt for the appearance package only.

Good luck!
Drove it over the weekend in all the suspension modes - it turns out there are three (3) - comfort, normal and sport and they get progressively tighter. I would say that you wouldn't not be unhappy with either the comfort or the normal in this version. They both (particularly the comfort) had much more of a floaty feeling.