LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS Remote Starter

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-09, 06:04 PM
elsmooth
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LS Remote Starter

Hey guys, just had a remote starter installed today from the dealer. They actually used a company called Car Spa that deals exclusively with dealers. The unit is by Audiovox and comes with a Lexus interface module. I also added the shock sensor feature. For your information they can also use your factory key fob if you just want the remote start feature only. I opted for additional features so I have a separate fob, but I am switching over to the credit card size smart card so I won't have to carry two fobs.
Old 12-23-09, 07:30 AM
Geremology101
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elsmooth
Hey guys, just had a remote starter installed today from the dealer. They actually used a company called Car Spa that deals exclusively with dealers. The unit is by Audiovox and comes with a Lexus interface module. I also added the shock sensor feature. For your information they can also use your factory key fob if you just want the remote start feature only. I opted for additional features so I have a separate fob, but I am switching over to the credit card size smart card so I won't have to carry two fobs.
Any pics of the fob? How much did it run you?
Old 12-23-09, 01:17 PM
elsmooth
Driver

The basic transmitter can be viewed from this link: http://www.acephotodigital.com/sc/re...p?id=964742638. It also comes with a two-way device that will provide other functions. As stated previously, can have it configured to your stock fob. The price is from $599 to $799 which includes installation and a 5yr warranty.
Old 12-23-09, 06:48 PM
mjc123
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gotta have it! Is it one of the "Prestige" models made by Audiovox? See this link:

http://mobile.audiovox.com/audiovox/...E_START_SYSTEM

Do you know the model of the system you installed? Does it interfere in any way with the security system, etc? How does it work with the existing fob, i.e. how do you start the car? If there is any of this info you don't have could you pm me a name and number for the dealer that did the work....thanks for the info...

Last edited by mjc123; 12-27-09 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-28-09, 10:38 AM
elsmooth
Driver

The model number is Audiox's Pursuit Series Model Pro9810N. It does not interfere with the factory system. It works in conjunction with it.
Old 01-02-10, 12:52 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elsmooth
The model number is Audiox's Pursuit Series Model Pro9810N. It does not interfere with the factory system. It works in conjunction with it.

Thanx for letting us know man,

I am going to get it.Is it easy to install ? Around How many Hours ?What problems did you face ?

In all cases i think the factory fob or card should be carried with you just in case the battery of the remote starter is dead, there is no way to open the door except with the factory fob or smart card.

Now your in the car, Im still thinking how your going to start the car, also when the battery is dead and its 4 AM and the stores are closed. You mentioned the Fobs & Starter can be used at once ?Will the OEM sensors that detect the factory fobs & smart card still be in the car when the sensors of the new starter get installed ?
If yes, Will they interfere ? If Not, problem solved and im getting it.

One last thing, How do you configure the settings for instance i remember back in 07 to unlock the car doors i had to do so from inside the car or by hitting the unlock button twice, later on i took my car to the dealer and since Unlocking the door was a customized setting, it was changed to hitting the unlock button once unlocks all doors.

Regarding the remote starter key what is the tool needed inorder to customize the settings ? Is it the same tool from Lexus ? ( Intelligent Computer Tester )) Something like that ?

May you kindly post their webiste & buy page if possible ?

Sorry for asking too much

BEST

Last edited by uae; 01-02-10 at 01:12 PM.