LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS Sport vs 07 SWB photos

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-09, 09:45 AM
LexFather

Smile LS Sport vs 07 SWB photos

I was picking my car up for service and Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett had a Sport model parked outside out in front. Looked really good in person. The interior looked just as good in person as in photos. I really like this model. The rear of the sport had really good wheel fitment but the front to me was slightly higher with some wheel gap. I would like to see wider rear wheels on here. The brakes are HUGE, clearly from the IS-F but no drilled rotors.

List was 74k and there was no ML system. Is this SE allocation? I cannot see why this would have NAV but no ML system.

Here are some comparison pics of a similar color 07 SWB I saw there.
Attached Thumbnails LS Sport vs 07 SWB photos-ls1.jpg   LS Sport vs 07 SWB photos-ls2.jpg   LS Sport vs 07 SWB photos-ls3.jpg   LS Sport vs 07 SWB photos-ls4.jpg  
Old 12-23-09, 10:34 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly the way mine came configured. I think the "inventory" sport models shipped had the sport package with a comfort package that doesn't have ML. The on - line "build a car" didn't have the a sport option package that came with ML until just recently. I think it is a little more than $2k more in price and lists at around $76K. You might have to order one from the factory to get the ML with the Sport option.
Old 12-23-09, 08:00 PM
LexFather

Thanks Stan. She is a beauty and with the darker colors the bodykit looks better integrated.
Old 12-24-09, 11:03 AM
ikeb
Driver

i just dont see enough difference between the 2. just the chrome wheels and the front grill - am i missing something? I can get chrome wheels for my new 460 for $800.00.
Old 12-24-09, 04:54 PM
lucasb7
Lead Lap

There is an added body kit on the front and rear bumpers. The 8-speed has been reprogrammed to have faster shifts and to rev-match downshifts, it has bigger, more powerful brakes, paddle shifters, and reprogrammed air suspension and AVS. Most of the changes are below the skin but from what I've heard they make a big difference.
Old 12-24-09, 08:06 PM
stanatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lucasb7
There is an added body kit on the front and rear bumpers. The 8-speed has been reprogrammed to have faster shifts and to rev-match downshifts, it has bigger, more powerful brakes, paddle shifters, and reprogrammed air suspension and AVS. Most of the changes are below the skin but from what I've heard they make a big difference.
You are correct in that they make a big difference. The transmission program is similar to that of the one in the IS-F. In the sport suspension setting (there are three settings - sport, normal and comfort) it has a much tighter drive. It's not a BMW but it doesn't float in the corners nearly as much as with the standard suspension. You can also adjust the height. In addition to what you listed above, it has an all leather steering wheel, sport seats and an seat/trim setup that is only available with the sport option.

Whether all of this is worth the cost of the Sport Option package is obviously subjective. It was to me and that is why I bought one.