LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Adaptive Variable Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-10, 09:54 AM
OPSBD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive Variable Suspension

My LS came with AVS and was wondering if there's an aftermarket product which would allow me to control the heigth of my car. Thanks!
Old 01-07-10, 10:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by OPSBD
My LS came with AVS and was wondering if there's an aftermarket product which would allow me to control the heigth of my car. Thanks!
is your car equipped with the optional air suspension? that's what you need to utilize the air controller to adjust the height.
Old 01-07-10, 12:04 PM
OPSBD
Rookie

I think so. There is a button which says "Height High" I take it that is the air suspension?

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-07-10, 12:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I think so. There is a button which says "Height High" I take it that is the air suspension?

Thanks for your help!
yes, if you have a height high button, you have air suspension. in that case you can use the air controller to adjust the height. it has a digital controller so you can adjust the height from inside the car very easily. you can email chung@prestigioussociety.com for more info. that's where a few members and i got ours from. loved it in my ls460l
Old 01-07-10, 03:59 PM
OPSBD
Rookie

rominl, I contacted Chung, he is very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. He's checking to make sure the controller works in the 2010 model. If it does he's going to give me a package deal for the controller and nav override. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-07-10, 04:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

oh that's cool! they are definitely the guys to deal with

hopefully the unit will work in your car!
Old 01-08-10, 03:56 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

I love my car, but I am TOTALLY convinced that the HEIGHT and SPORT/COMFORT buttons are dummy buttons.
Old 01-08-10, 04:19 AM
OPSBD
Rookie

Originally Posted by daryll40
I love my car, but I am TOTALLY convinced that the HEIGHT and SPORT/COMFORT buttons are dummy buttons.
You honestly can't feel the difference between sport and comfort? Wow! there is a BIG difference to me. As for the height it also works. Had four big people in my car, turned on the height button and I could hear what sounded like an air compressor come on and the car got higher.
Old 01-08-10, 06:38 AM
Audriuss
Pole Position

You honestly can't feel the difference between sport and comfort? Wow! there is a BIG difference to me. As for the height it also works. Had four big people in my car, turned on the height button and I could hear what sounded like an air compressor come on and the car got higher.
He must have smooth as ICE roads

you can definetaly feels the difference changing modes..
Old 01-08-10, 10:40 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You don't need to do this; your car automatically levels itself and compensates for off-balance loads. The height button is used for clearing high obstructions like curbs or deep ruts in the road, such as heavy snow.
Old 01-08-10, 11:21 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

You honestly can't feel the difference between sport and comfort? Wow! there is a BIG difference to me.
Yes, huge difference, the difference in ride quality is VERY noticeable even between the normal mode and the comfort mode ...
Old 01-08-10, 11:38 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Yes, huge difference, the difference in ride quality is VERY noticeable even between the normal mode and the comfort mode ...
during the short period of my ownership i also could tell pretty noticeable difference as well
Old 01-08-10, 11:39 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

I'm not buyin it. They're dummy buttons that create a placebo effect!
Old 01-08-10, 11:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by daryll40
I'm not buyin it. They're dummy buttons that create a placebo effect!
hehe maybe your car is broken j/k
Old 01-09-10, 07:52 AM
OPSBD
Rookie

Email I received.....

Hi,

We received confirmation from Japan already.

Indeed Lexus has changed the design for 2010 and the 07-09 air controller unit will not work for your vehicle. They are going to release an updated version around end of next month (current ETA) to address this issue. Together with the new unit, they also add in a new remote feature. The current digital controller is wired, but the new unit for 2010 LS will feature a remote setup, so the digital controller will use remote control to adjust the height (no more attached wires)

Because of the new design, the price of the unit will likely be more expensive. We are still waiting for further pricing and availability information, but we will keep you posted when we receive any updates.

Sorry for the trouble, the 2010 LS is still pretty new and manufacturers are still exploring the changes.

Regards,
Chung
Prestigious Society

Quick Reply: Adaptive Variable Suspension