LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

08 LS460 Shut Down and Won't Start Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-10, 01:07 PM
dk0515
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I think I won't even be able to do a buy back or lemon. It's been exactly 2 years since we've had the car. So it's 6 months past the limit. We'll see what happens with this.
Old 02-24-10, 10:55 AM
dk0515
Pole Position

Still my car is in the dealership. I called them and they said it should be finished this Friday. That is if everything goes correctly with reinstalling everything.

As for the Lemon claim. I purchased the car two years ago. So, I don't qualify for a lemon but we'll see what happens. I already submit some paperwork that Lexus Corp requested.
Old 02-24-10, 11:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

it's been a very very long time d....
Old 02-24-10, 11:54 AM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I thought the 19 days mine was in the shop was bad enough ...

Old 02-24-10, 12:47 PM
dk0515
Pole Position

Yeah. They keep saying its almost done. But, it's always delayed. We'll see.
Old 02-24-10, 01:37 PM
AceVA
Driver

WOW - they still have it? Incredible.
Old 02-24-10, 02:53 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They kind of did that with mine, too. I finally stopped by and had a pow-wow with the Service Mgr. and the Tech doing the work, and they were both sweatin' it trying to get the car together and running right.

Once they get these things apart it's a bear to get everything hooked back up and running like they're supposed to.

Old 03-17-10, 09:49 AM
dk0515
Pole Position

Hey Guys,

So, it's been about 2 1/2 months since Keyes Lexus of Van Nuys took in my car. I still haven't received my car back. Still no updates. I started my lemon claim but they won't call me back until they have "updates." I tried to speak to a manger that worked with me before but she wasn't available.

What are your guys suggestions? My car when I brought it in was after the 18month mark for lemon claims. I had the car for exactly 2 yrs since the date I purchased the car in for the fix. I want to hire a lawyer but don't know of any good lemon lawyers. Also, since I'm past the 18months mark will I even be able to get a lemon after 2 1/2 months at the dealer?

Thanks for the help
Old 03-17-10, 10:11 AM
jmcraney
Forum Moderator

Received 277 Likes on 209 Posts

You seem to be out of your state's Lemon Law window so I don't believe that is an option for you.

I think that you need to communicate with Lexus Corp directly, through their Customer Assistance Center at: https://lexus2.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...nduser/ask.php

Using this path provides you rapid communication (usually 24 hour exchange cycle) and a record of your exchange.

I would start off by giving a short description of events to date and ask when you can expect some sort of resolution.

Be sure to retain all of the emails from this exchange as they may be useful later.

And be sure to avoid any acrimony because that will not aid your cause. Just stick to the facts.

Last edited by jmcraney; 03-17-10 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-17-10, 10:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

gosh, this is a big headache......

i think you just have to get a lawyer, and i am sure 1 or 2 calls and you will get answers so fast you won't believe it
Old 03-17-10, 10:54 AM
dk0515
Pole Position

Thanks I'll be looking for a lawyer. I already spoke with one. He stated if it's within warranty certain things can be applied to lemon law if it's after 18 months from the date of purchase. I need to speak with more lawyers to find a good one and also get more info.
Old 03-17-10, 12:16 PM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

I suggest you first contact Lexus directly as advised above. It seems strange to get a lawyer involved before even going to Lexus Corp. directly yourself. I know you're really ticked off, I would be too, but at least give Lexus Corp. the opportunity to respond to your complaint. If your approach is reasonable and non-confontrational, just the facts, you should be able to advance your situation. If this fails at least you were reasonable and informed the right parties and then you can consider legal action.

I am talking from a Canadian point of view and things may be different in S. Cal but I would always prefer to exhaust all other channels before resorting to getting the lawyers involved.

P.S.
I tried a truncated string from the suggested help URL and it seemed to get to where you want to be: https://lexus2.custhelp.com

Last edited by MikeE12345; 03-17-10 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-17-10, 01:13 PM
dk0515
Pole Position

I'm assuming you MikeE12345 and jmcraney haven't read this entire thread. I've already spoke to Lexus corp a long time ago. All they have stated was that they will investigate what is happening and will get back to me. Then after sometime they said there are no updates. So, they stated I could start my lemon claim but it will take 6-8weeks to process.

I think 2 1/2 months for the dealer and 2 months for Lexus corp to handle the situation was enough. I just don't trust this car anymore. I don't want it back. I just want money now. If they were able to repair it within the month, that would have been fine. But, it's been 2 1/2 months and they just got a new engine in but now they have a problem with compression. Therefore, I want to hire a lawyer since the law states within 18months from date of purchase but I'm at the 2yr mark.

I did speak with a couple of lawyers, they stated that these issues can still be considered as a lemon as long as it's within the warranty period. Also, both different lawyers were more concerned about the wind noise I've had since that hasn't been fixed in 4 tries. They both want to take a look at my repair records for these and the engine failure to see what my chances are for a successful lemon claim.

I will keep you guys posted.
Old 03-17-10, 01:39 PM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

dk0515 - sorry, point taken. You are several steps ahead of me. I feel for you - good luck. I will be watching this thread for developments.
Old 03-17-10, 01:52 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dk0515
I'm assuming you MikeE12345 and jmcraney haven't read this entire thread. I've already spoke to Lexus corp a long time ago. All they have stated was that they will investigate what is happening and will get back to me. Then after sometime they said there are no updates. So, they stated I could start my lemon claim but it will take 6-8weeks to process.

I think 2 1/2 months for the dealer and 2 months for Lexus corp to handle the situation was enough. I just don't trust this car anymore. I don't want it back. I just want money now. If they were able to repair it within the month, that would have been fine. But, it's been 2 1/2 months and they just got a new engine in but now they have a problem with compression. Therefore, I want to hire a lawyer since the law states within 18months from date of purchase but I'm at the 2yr mark.

I did speak with a couple of lawyers, they stated that these issues can still be considered as a lemon as long as it's within the warranty period. Also, both different lawyers were more concerned about the wind noise I've had since that hasn't been fixed in 4 tries. They both want to take a look at my repair records for these and the engine failure to see what my chances are for a successful lemon claim.

I will keep you guys posted.
Are you in a service loaner?

Craig

Quick Reply: 08 LS460 Shut Down and Won't Start Up