LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The one thing I HATE about my LS is..

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-10, 10:01 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default The one thing I HATE about my LS is..

The door pockets don't have a bottom to them! I love to keep my cell phone or stuff in that little nook!

Has anyone added a bottom to it?
Old 01-23-10, 11:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by USCRugby
The door pockets don't have a bottom to them! I love to keep my cell phone or stuff in that little nook!

Has anyone added a bottom to it?
yup i noticed that when i had the ls too. funny, other lexus models have a closed bottom. i read that they did it coz' the closed bottom can collect dust over time

i think i also read a member here screwing a wood piece or so down there to cover it up?
Old 01-23-10, 11:40 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Get a piece of 1" thick black packing foam (not Styrofoam, but the soft spongy kind that is used to pack TVs and computers), and trim it in the shape of the lower door armrest opening. If you do it right, it shouldn't show at all. If you can't find the black or gray foam, a piece of the more common white foam, painted to a dark color should do the trick.
Old 01-24-10, 08:15 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here fellow LS forums member Daryl40 posted his solution to turning the door handles into storage:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...o-storage.html

Old 01-25-10, 07:26 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

The only thing I hate is I can't combine my configuration with the Sports model option, otherwise, it will be hands down the best car in it's class ...
Old 01-25-10, 03:19 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Boy, you threw me with the title of this post! The door pockets do indeed have bottoms ... it's the door PULLS or HANDLES that don't.

And personally, I prefer them to be open at the bottom. They are designed for your hand to go through and grasp the handle, so a bottom would just be in the way IMO, especially if you have it filled with stuff.

I'd also say that's not a safe place to put things like cell phones ... they could drop out really easily without your even noticing it. But to each his own ...

Old 01-25-10, 05:29 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Boy, you threw me with the title of this post! The door pockets do indeed have bottoms ... it's the door PULLS or HANDLES that don't.

And personally, I prefer them to be open at the bottom. They are designed for your hand to go through and grasp the handle, so a bottom would just be in the way IMO, especially if you have it filled with stuff.

I'd also say that's not a safe place to put things like cell phones ... they could drop out really easily without your even noticing it. But to each his own ...

+1 Mike! A lil common sense goes a long way.
Old 01-25-10, 08:58 PM
elsmooth
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

WHAT ABOUT THIS: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KUDA-...#ht_2192wt_958
Old 01-26-10, 10:11 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
The only thing I hate is I can't combine my configuration with the Sports model option, otherwise, it will be hands down the best car in it's class ...
Why would you want a sports model but long wheelbase? Kind of defeats the purpose of having a "sport" model.
Old 01-26-10, 10:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Why would you want a sports model but long wheelbase? Kind of defeats the purpose of having a "sport" model.
not really. so it's like saying s63 is pointless coz' they are all lwb. it's about compromise and what you can get. touring model was ONLY available in lwb, and it had much better handing than normal swb. some people (me included) want the look of lwb and want better handling possible
Old 01-26-10, 02:26 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
...personally, I prefer them to be open at the bottom. They are designed for your hand to go through and grasp the handle, so a bottom would just be in the way IMO, especially if you have it filled with stuff.

I'm with you Mike. Despite my suggestion above, I refuse to do anything about this issue. My SO would like it if I did, so in the interim she's jammed a couple of soft foam juggling ***** so she can park her cellphone in there. She'll have to wait a long time before I do anything about her dilemma, even semi-permanent.
Old 01-26-10, 04:50 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I've driven the LS 460, my cellphone is placed in the center console cupholder.
Old 01-26-10, 04:59 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
not really. so it's like saying s63 is pointless coz' they are all lwb. it's about compromise and what you can get. touring model was ONLY available in lwb, and it had much better handing than normal swb. some people (me included) want the look of lwb and want better handling possible
But better handling by feel doesn't necessarily mean it handled better. A long wheelbase car in size and weight is not going to outperform something smaller.

Touring model in LWB "feels" better because it had the air suspension. It doesn't necessarily means it performs better.
Old 01-26-10, 05:57 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
Thanks Henry, that's exactly the point I would have made, I want EVERYTHING, but Lexus won't let me even though all the options are there.
You can order EVERYTHING with a S-class, and build your most "perfect" car possible, but not with the LS, & that's why I almost bought a S550, and it took me months to decide between the two.

Oh, and the feel is very important too, BMW's competitors can build cars that handles as well if not better, but it's really the driving feel (like the car is an extension of the driver's hands, etc.) that sold many people for BMW.
Old 01-26-10, 06:18 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^creepy avatar...I miss the girl...

Quick Reply: The one thing I HATE about my LS is..