LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Uploading contacts from Motorola Droid

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-10, 08:36 AM
imdons
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uploading contacts from Motorola Droid

Does anyone know a work around method to upload contacts from a Motorola Droid to a 2008 LS460? The dealer says the phone is incompatible with the car. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-25-10, 09:35 AM
jarm
Pit Crew

Default Reply

I recently purchased a Motorola Droid too. I made the salesman pair the phone with my 2007 LS460 before I left the store. There was no problem. I did not upload any numbers to the Ls from the phone.

jarm
Old 01-25-10, 12:34 PM
imdons
Driver School Candidate

Thanks JARM. I actually took the car and phone to my dealership and the technician couldn't even get the phone book to upload. She referred me to the Lexus website www.lexus.letstalk.com which doesn't list the Droid as being compatible with the '08 LS460. The technician recommended re-activating an old blackberry and synching it with the car and then reverting back to the Droid. Supposedly, the phone book will remain after I switch back to my Droid. I will update the thread after I play around with it this afternoon.
Old 01-25-10, 12:59 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by imdons
Thanks JARM. I actually took the car and phone to my dealership and the technician couldn't even get the phone book to upload. She referred me to the Lexus website www.lexus.letstalk.com which doesn't list the Droid as being compatible with the '08 LS460. The technician recommended re-activating an old blackberry and synching it with the car and then reverting back to the Droid. Supposedly, the phone book will remain after I switch back to my Droid. I will update the thread after I play around with it this afternoon.
Yes thats correct once you upload it from the BB it will stay there no matter what phone is paired with the car. I uploaded my contacts from my BB and sync my iphone.
Old 01-25-10, 01:37 PM
imdons
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Melymel96. I just completed the upload and it worked like a charm.
Old 01-25-10, 02:59 PM
Mike_TX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Lucky you. I've never had a phone that would transfer my phonebook. Not the Samsung I used to have, nor the 2 Moto RAZR's, nor the current iPhone 3GS.

Old 01-25-10, 06:02 PM
ikey78
Driver

Originally Posted by melymel96
Yes thats correct once you upload it from the BB it will stay there no matter what phone is paired with the car. I uploaded my contacts from my BB and sync my iphone.
This will work in the 2007-2009 LS.

Will not work for the 2010 LS. The phonebook for each phone can only be used with that phone. I believe the data is stored on the hard drive. It means that no one has access to your contacts when your phone is not in the car (valet, service techs etc.) The downside is that you have to upload the contacts each time you use a new phone.

I was able to upload all of my contacts from a Palm Treo 755p to my 2010 LS without any problems.

I had to upload the contacts a second time when they disappeared for no apparent reason, which was a nuisance as I only noticed it while I was driving. Fortunately that only happened one time.

Another new feature is that the car will automatically try to connect with the last phone that was used but if it does not find that phone it will look for and connect to other phones that have previously paired. If you need to manually connect a phone that has previously been paired you can now do so while the car is moving unlike the previous generation.
Old 01-25-10, 08:27 PM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

I thought that the issue was the carrier. Verizon's software blocks the transfer of the phone book (or at least it used to, maybe I should try it again).
Old 01-26-10, 04:59 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
Lucky you. I've never had a phone that would transfer my phonebook. Not the Samsung I used to have, nor the 2 Moto RAZR's, nor the current iPhone 3GS.

I as able to transfer all my contacts from my iPhone 3GS with no problems. Just followed the prompts on the screen and they transferred - pretty quickly also. No problems either each time I get into the car - phone links quickly and all contacts transfer. Only thing is that they are listed first name, last name on the car and last name, first name on the phone. Can't figure out why.
Old 03-04-11, 06:05 AM
Ernietheat
Driver School Candidate

Default Delis and blackberry

Okay, let me get this straight. Yes, my contacts are already in my blackberry which now has no phone number since I bought my droid. So I do I have to go back to Verizon, deactivate the Droid, activate the blackberry,Set it up on Bluetooth in my 2008 ls600h upload the contacts......etc.
Old 03-04-11, 08:02 AM
marky2mark
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
I thought that the issue was the carrier. Verizon's software blocks the transfer of the phone book (or at least it used to, maybe I should try it again).
This is BS.....my dealer told me the same thing, because they couldn't figure out how to do it so they made up some nonsense about Verizon blocking it.

The problem is with Android, you need to download a free program called "Bluetooth File Transfer" from the market and install it. Once the bluetooth in the car is ready to receive the contacts, open the program on the phone, go to menu-->more-->send contacts. It will bring up a list of your contacts, you check which ones you want to transfer. It's easy as pie.
Old 03-04-11, 08:05 AM
marky2mark
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernietheat
Okay, let me get this straight. Yes, my contacts are already in my blackberry which now has no phone number since I bought my droid. So I do I have to go back to Verizon, deactivate the Droid, activate the blackberry,Set it up on Bluetooth in my 2008 ls600h upload the contacts......etc.
No you don't need to do that, see my previous post.
Old 03-04-11, 09:02 AM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by marky2mark
This is BS.....my dealer told me the same thing, because they couldn't figure out how to do it so they made up some nonsense about Verizon blocking it.

The problem is with Android, you need to download a free program called "Bluetooth File Transfer" from the market and install it. Once the bluetooth in the car is ready to receive the contacts, open the program on the phone, go to menu-->more-->send contacts. It will bring up a list of your contacts, you check which ones you want to transfer. It's easy as pie.
Yea, this info is pretty dated. I didn't realize how long ago I read that until I looked it up! I guess they've made improvements since then!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-razr-v3c.html
Old 03-10-11, 04:10 AM
BBS
Driver School Candidate

Im having phone book transfer issues with my wife's Iphone 4. Is their a fix or am i doing something wrong? "2008 LS600H"