LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

vais-tech integration w/Iphone/Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-10, 06:36 PM
kattawar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vais-tech integration w/Iphone/Ipod

I got the latest Vais-tech unit sl2vi which is supposed to play both audio and (video when the car is not in motion). I will assume that all works.. but does anyone know if you have to give up something (CD/XM-Radio/AUX) in order for this to work? Does it take one of those inputs and overrides them? Or do you get everything PLUS some switch to go between an existing input and the IPOD? I apologize if this was already in another thread, but I sure couldn't find it anywhere.
Old 02-28-10, 09:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

does your car have mark levinson? if you have ml, the sl2vi will not work on your car. if you don't have ml, you are good to go

the sl2vi will allow you to play video from ipod, but you won't be able to do so when you are driving. it's two different things. if you want to play video or use navigation when driving, you need override kit. most of us here have kit from prestigious, you can email chung@prestigioussociety.com for more info
Old 02-28-10, 10:02 PM
kattawar
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the info. I have the regular sound system (which I am going to upgrade significantly... but the main thing was that I wanted to make sure the VAIS-Tech unit did not force me to give up one of the other inputs... (CD, XM, AUX, etc...). Thanks for the info.
Old 02-28-10, 10:30 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Hey Henry...what do you suggest for iPod / iPhone connectivity in LS cars with ML? I also want Nav overide so I will get that too. Thanks
Old 03-01-10, 08:48 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by kattawar
thanks for the info. I have the regular sound system (which I am going to upgrade significantly... but the main thing was that I wanted to make sure the VAIS-Tech unit did not force me to give up one of the other inputs... (CD, XM, AUX, etc...). Thanks for the info.
no, vaistech adds another input to your vehicle, you don't lose any existing sources.

but if you want to do video when driving, you will need something else done
Old 03-01-10, 09:54 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Originally Posted by rominl
no, vaistech adds another input to your vehicle, you don't lose any existing sources.

but if you want to do video when driving, you will need something else done
Thanks Henry....don't need video so that should be great! I will look into this!

Last edited by Synergy; 03-02-10 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-06-10, 09:55 PM
kattawar
Driver School Candidate

anyone out there have any technical chops with the VAIStech unit? I have professionals installing everything (sound/speakers and VAIStech unit). The unit appears to be playing music fine, but there is nothing showing up on the NAV display and you can't control anything from the steering wheel controls. Any ideas what could be wrong? These guys are very experienced folks (Custom Sounds in Austin Texas).... I think the tech support dept. opens up on Monday, but it hurts to see a new lexus sitting in the "store" while I am waiting on some debugging on the VAISTECH unit... (argh)...
Old 03-09-10, 02:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by kattawar
anyone out there have any technical chops with the VAIStech unit? I have professionals installing everything (sound/speakers and VAIStech unit). The unit appears to be playing music fine, but there is nothing showing up on the NAV display and you can't control anything from the steering wheel controls. Any ideas what could be wrong? These guys are very experienced folks (Custom Sounds in Austin Texas).... I think the tech support dept. opens up on Monday, but it hurts to see a new lexus sitting in the "store" while I am waiting on some debugging on the VAISTECH unit... (argh)...
you have the sl2i-up? you are not able to see the screen? then how do you get into the ipod mode? it's a full blank screen?

i haven't seen anything like this so far
Old 03-09-10, 06:36 PM
kattawar
Driver School Candidate

The VAIS Tech guys got things working over the phone. Good support! Everything is working fine... Those are some sweet sounds... Looks like it was a programming problem...
Old 03-09-10, 11:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

sweet! yeah vaistech stuff are good, i am enjoying mine