LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

updating the NAV at home.. there must be a way...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-10, 12:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by randomwalk
wow..one time use? We can't copy that USB to another USB doggle?
of course not, that'd be like piracy, wouldn't it?
Old 11-27-10, 01:24 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not necessary. Piracy is dup and distribute. If you copy (for backup in case the navi HDD fails) then I don't think it is.
Old 07-24-18, 09:06 PM
Slim90210
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disabling the I Agree screen

Originally Posted by TheRealtor
I updated my 2007 LS460L navigation maps just last week. The original was dated 2006 and as a Realtor, I lived on my phone and Navigation system. The cost was $200 for the software and $65.00 for the labor.

By upgrading the maps etc, it also updated the system. Before, I would have to hit the Agree button on the screen before it would disappear. After the upgrade, the Agree screen stays on for about 5 seconds and then goes into normal mode. I don't have to hit the Agree button. Additionally, other minor changes such as name of road you are currently on is now displayed.

Worth the upgrade for me of course but YMMV.

-Mike The Realtor
i aquired a 2007 LS460. Great car,but the ‘I Agree’ screen and the default navigation screen is driving my wife crazy.
The navigation version is the original and the I Agree screen stays until you acknowledge it EVERY TIME you start the car.
Does upgrading the nav version truly allow the disclaimer, I Agree screen to go away on its own (or not show up at all)?

Also, how can one get the default screen to go to the music screen? Why does it always go to the map screen? 99% of the time we use the radio,not the navigation! I know you can make it go to a blank screen, but I would pay a handsome sum to get this thing to not ask the disclaimer each time and to not jump to a map each time you start the car or change gears (from drive to reverse and back, etc).

Is is there any modification that would eliminate some or all of these issues? HELP!
Old 07-25-18, 11:39 AM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 190 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Slim90210

i aquired a 2007 LS460. Great car,but the ‘I Agree’ screen and the default navigation screen is driving my wife crazy.
The navigation version is the original and the I Agree screen stays until you acknowledge it EVERY TIME you start the car.
Does upgrading the nav version truly allow the disclaimer, I Agree screen to go away on its own (or not show up at all)?

Also, how can one get the default screen to go to the music screen? Why does it always go to the map screen? 99% of the time we use the radio,not the navigation! I know you can make it go to a blank screen, but I would pay a handsome sum to get this thing to not ask the disclaimer each time and to not jump to a map each time you start the car or change gears (from drive to reverse and back, etc).

Is is there any modification that would eliminate some or all of these issues? HELP!
update Nav map to get the I Agree screen off.

change the setting to NOT REVERT BACK TO NAV.. you don't need nav update to do this. you can do it right now .
Old 07-25-18, 06:47 PM
Slim90210
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
update Nav map to get the I Agree screen off.

change the setting to NOT REVERT BACK TO NAV.. you don't need nav update to do this. you can do it right now .
Thank you joedaddy1 for replying. I took a look at the menus and do not see an option to ‘not revert back to nav’.
Where would I get to this option? My system versions are:
Map data: 06.1
CDDB: 1129 05/2006

Old 07-25-18, 06:52 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 190 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Slim90210

Thank you joedaddy1 for replying. I took a look at the menus and do not see an option to ‘not revert back to nav’.
Where would I get to this option? My system versions are:
Map data: 06.1
CDDB: 1129 05/2006

post #2 here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-on-audio.html
Old 07-25-18, 07:37 PM
Slim90210
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
I rechecked my settings and I do have that set to not revert to nav from audio/climate. What is annoying is the following:
start the car, hit I Agree, it goes to the map, hit audio button
back out of garage, shift to drive. Screen reverts to map, hit audio button again.

On every startup or gear change, it reverts back to the darn map - beyond annoying.

We only want to see the map on rare occasions. Audio is what is desired 99% of the time. Can a system update or a sophisticated programming hack be done so it only show the map when the map button is pressed?
Old 07-27-18, 12:49 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by JFNash
That's true.

In Saudi Arabia,it's a dvd-based sys. The dealer sells the single dvd (update) for $750. Needless to say that the market is open for pirated copies of the dealer's dvd, which cost from $0 to $100 at max.

I've an American LS460 (hdd-based nav sys) and I found a guy who managed to replace the entire hdd with another one that has the gulf states nav info pre-installed. The info was taken from the Saudi dealer's dvd.

I asked him what I would have to do if I wanted to upgrade to 2010 nav sys, he said he would replace the hdd again for a couple of hundred of $ and he would take the old one.
wait...... wait I have a US car here in Ukraine... I need European maps.. any ideas? can you connect me with your guy maybe he has some ideas...
Old 07-27-18, 01:12 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 294 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by jdanielca
wait...... wait I have a US car here in Ukraine... I need European maps.. any ideas? can you connect me with your guy maybe he has some ideas...
You are asking a CL member about his post from March 2010. He was last active on CL in January 2014. I hope he reads and responds. But don't hold your breath.
Old 07-27-18, 03:08 PM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 212 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
You are asking a CL member about his post from March 2010. He was last active on CL in January 2014. I hope he reads and responds. But don't hold your breath.
Im really not looking at the details of each post, if i see something i just respond if no one sees it too bad for me lol... but I shall try and pay closer attention to the dates.
Old 01-05-20, 08:40 AM
obsessed
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Factory Navigation...meh

Why would anyone care about updating factory navigation maps? The maps are outdated the day you install them. Smartphone navigation is nearly free, more accurate and updated CONSTANTLY instead
of the "annual" nonsense (pay us again). The ONLY reason to even have factory nav is for the display screen to show rear camera video. Newer cars have the screen for just that purpose without nav.

Old 01-05-20, 08:46 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by obsessed
Why would anyone care about updating factory navigation maps? The maps are outdated the day you install them. Smartphone navigation is nearly free, more accurate and updated CONSTANTLY instead
of the "annual" nonsense (pay us again). The ONLY reason to even have factory nav is for the display screen to show rear camera video. Newer cars have the screen for just that purpose without nav.
i use my mobile phone for navigation instructions, but prefer the car’s larger map display in conjunction with that. I therefore plan to eventually update the car’s maps.
Old 01-05-20, 09:04 AM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

I updated mine just for the display of where I am on the map, and for the convenience of having the speed limits displayed. I would never use it for navigation, but I like always knowing what the speed limit is.
Old 01-05-20, 11:49 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 342 Likes on 261 Posts

I wish there was a way to get Waze on my screen.
Old 01-05-20, 12:03 PM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

I updated my original 2007 version after 2 years because at the time each time you turned on the car, you had to press the "I Agree" button for the standard warnings to continue to the nav system. Also, the Big Dig was finished in Boston and I wanted the updated new roads.

I do agree that in general paying to update the nav system is usually not the best thing to do, but sometimes there is a good reason. I use Waze sometimes here, and when we're in Europe I use it exclusively. It warns you about all the photo speed traps.

Quick Reply: updating the NAV at home.. there must be a way...