LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Shipping my Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-11, 04:03 PM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Do not stop in St. Louis unless you want your LS hub caps stolen.
Hub caps? What hub caps?

Do any cars even HAVE hub caps any more?

You're dating yourself ('course, that's the only one that my wife let's ME date, myself)

HBH
Old 05-13-11, 12:41 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Any suggestions on interesting places to visit

The LS600hL is a great car, but I'd highly recommend the Wagon Queen Family Truckster for a cross country trip like this.

Well first of all, you have to start at Walley World (hopefully the park isn't closed when you're there).

I forget where it is, but stop and see the world's second largest ball of twine.

Skip the house of mud, but go to Dodge City.

If you are in Death Valley, try not to drive off the road and damage the suspension, the mechanics there are really expensive.

Do not stop in St. Louis unless you want your LS hub caps stolen. But if you're in Kansas, you have to stop and visit Eddie (bring some cash, he's a little short). According to Eddie. "I got laid off when they closed that asbestos factory, and wouldn't you know it, the army cuts my disability pension because they said that the plate in my head wasn't big enough."

Sorry, I've seen Vacation waaaay too many times!
I go to St. Louis often and I don't have any problems in West County. East St. Louis, you might have a problem. Passport is located in St. Louis. I picked up one of my vehicles at their office. Lexus of St. Louis has the nicest Lexus building I've ever seen. That's where I've purchased 5 of my Lexus vehicles. I don't think you've been to West County if you're saying St. Louis isn't safe. All cities have bad areas that you need to stay away from.
Old 05-13-11, 03:05 PM
Nospinzone

Received 419 Likes on 323 Posts

Craig, I was only referencing scenes from the movie National Lampoon's Vacation. I was not in any way disparging St. Louis, Walley World, mechanics located in Death Valley, the house of mud, or Cousin Eddie. And as Helmar pointed out, the LS does not have hub caps ........ unlike the Wagon Queen Family Truckster.

I've only been to St. Louis once, and I not only had no problems, I also had an excellent steak dinner!
Old 05-14-11, 01:50 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Craig, I was only referencing scenes from the movie National Lampoon's Vacation. I was not in any way disparging St. Louis, Walley World, mechanics located in Death Valley, the house of mud, or Cousin Eddie. And as Helmar pointed out, the LS does not have hub caps ........ unlike the Wagon Queen Family Truckster.

I've only been to St. Louis once, and I not only had no problems, I also had an excellent steak dinner!
No problem, I thought you heard they had a high crime rate on the news. I think they do have one of the highest crime rates of US cities. It depends where you go.
There are high crime areas in any city...
Old 05-15-11, 09:35 AM
edarte
Pole Position

Yes, St. Louis is a great town. The Arch is a beautiful monument and the museum below is laid out in a very informative way (concentric years).

I too had probably the best steak ever at the aptly named "St. Louis steak House".
Old 05-15-11, 10:49 AM
Helmar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by edarte
I too had probably the best steak ever at the aptly named "St. Louis steak House".
Google returns a bunch of steak houses with that search. Do you know the exact name, or the url?

Thanks.

HBH
Old 05-15-11, 12:12 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

There is a Mortons Steak House in Clayton that's very good. I've never eaten at St. Louis Steak House...
Old 05-15-11, 05:49 PM
edarte
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Helmar
Google returns a bunch of steak houses with that search. Do you know the exact name, or the url?

Thanks.

HBH
Helmar,

After much sleuthing I was able to find an old credit card tran with the name and address (was last there back in 2004 not 2005). Unfortunately it now appears that the restaurant I was referring to has closed. Back when I was there in 2004 the place was great but based on some more recent reviews it looks like it fell on hard times. Sorry to raise your hopes.

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/371677...se-saint-louis
Old 05-16-11, 07:06 PM
Aychdot
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

St. Louis Steak House was once a Ruth Chris' Steak House. I don't know if they lost franchise rights or what. I never went back after it wasn't Ruth's. Ambiance was really nice there though. If you want a really good steak on a budget and casual dress in St. Louis, go to Tuckers Place. They have 3 locations in nice areas (one is about 2 miles down the road from that really nice Lexus St. Louis) and any steak 16oz or over is cooked in their own steak sauce.
Old 05-17-11, 03:33 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

There is also a Ruth Chris Steak House in Clayton. I've eaten at the one in Clayton that was very good, but not the one near Lexus of St. Louis...