LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Dog on seat belt buzzer!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-10, 03:44 PM
COLEONE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dog on seat belt buzzer!!!!!!!!!!!

This buzzer may have been designed by some ex cold war psycho analyst. It has the perfect tone and pattern to drive someone crazy. Don't get me wrong I wear a seat belt 97.9% of the time but for a short hop to......aah forget it. Is there a way to turn this off without dealership intervention? I've tried several other procedures that work for other models but none of them have worked obviously. Thanx.
Old 04-27-10, 07:30 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The Lexus Personalization Settings list has an option that can be set to On or Off. Evidently, your "Seat Belt Reminder" is defaulted to On, which is really targeted at families with young children that need a longer reminder to buckle up. Once your dealer turns this feature Off, you will still get the initial 4 note chime. Unfortunately, only the service department can access this feature, but it is quite a simple two minute job. Some dealers will charge after one complimentary setup at the 5K mile service, however with a little persuasion, you can get them to do it at your next oil change.

Old 04-27-10, 09:00 PM
jstjohnz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Does the volume control tucked under the dash affect the seatbelt chime volume?
Old 04-28-10, 12:00 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

No, that volume control is for the chime that sounds when the car's alarm is armed or disarmed.
Old 04-28-10, 01:37 AM
COLEONE
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. I just needed someone to confirm that there was no hidden access to this option. I just can't stand the thought of losing a half a day at the office for a 2 minute procedure at the dealership as the dealer is not so close by.
Old 04-28-10, 01:42 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

^actually you can do it yourself...

Let me looks for it...
Old 04-28-10, 01:45 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

This is for the IS... but it might be the same for the LS ...

1. press the start button twice, foot off the brake
2. Press the trip reset button couple of times until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B)
3. turn the ignition to the (OFF) position
4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.
5. again press the start button twice. when the dash lights comes on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)
6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.
7.and the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.
8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.
Old 04-28-10, 02:11 AM
COLEONE
Driver School Candidate

Thanks GiantsFan. There seems to be a few variations on the procedure you've and I have tried them all and so I will try yours. Heck one even suggested buckling the passenger seat belt. Thanks again.
Old 04-28-10, 02:14 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by COLEONE
Thanks GiantsFan. There seems to be a few variations on the procedure you've and I have tried them all and so I will try yours. Heck one even suggested buckling the passenger seat belt. Thanks again.
No problem ... Post back on your results Hopefully it works!
Old 04-28-10, 02:34 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Good luck with that one.

The ECU that controls the LS's LPS menu is vastly different and more complex than the IS's.

The only commonality between these two cars is the LS logo.

On related front, Lexus is finally opening up the Lexus Personalized Settings access on 2010 cars to the owner. For example, the RX-3G now features a User selectable LPS menu. Let's hope this concession makes its way across to all the cars they produce.

Last edited by Johnny; 04-28-10 at 11:21 AM. Reason: New details
Old 04-28-10, 07:43 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I paid $50 for a guy who had Lexus device for changing so many settings, one of which was turning off the seatbelt reminder & the speeding alarm (complete silence all the time).
Old 04-28-10, 11:35 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JFNash
I paid $50 for a guy who had Lexus device for changing so many settings, one of which was turning off the seatbelt reminder & the speeding alarm (complete silence all the time).
That device is a specialized diagnostic laptop with a USB link. You can buy one of these online for about $5000, although I see some units now coming out of China that cost much less. This is not a handheld OBDII scanner.
Old 04-28-10, 11:56 AM
LexLaw
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Burnaby
On related front, Lexus is finally opening up the Lexus Personalized Settings access on 2010 cars to the owner. For example, the RX-3G now features a User selectable LPS menu. Let's hope this concession makes its way across to all the cars they produce.
Glad to see. One of the reasons I love Audi, is that they allow owners to use their MMI for customization. I'm sure other manufacturers may also do this but Audi sticks out in my head at this time.
Old 04-28-10, 07:34 PM
jstjohnz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnaby
That device is a specialized diagnostic laptop with a USB link. You can buy one of these online for about $5000, although I see some units now coming out of China that cost much less. This is not a handheld OBDII scanner.
You can run the Lexus software on any laptop, the interface costs about $350.
Old 04-28-10, 11:27 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Thanks Jim, I guess alternatives have evolved since they brought in HDD based Nav.

How can one obtain this software, and the required connector?

Quick Reply: Dog on seat belt buzzer!!!!!!!!!!!