LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

what is my LS460L worth

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-10, 04:02 AM
Joe S
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is my LS460L worth

Hi Everyone,
Before I put my car on the market want to find out what people are paying. Options include smoked chrome wheels and Mark Levinson system. Only 23000 miles in new condition no dents dings period. Always garage kept. Just put new tires on it so it is good to go. Also, would like to offer extended warranty were can I buy?
Got an incredible opportunity to buy a 2007 S600 V12 with only 22K one owner.
Always get good recommendations here.
Thanks,
Joe
Old 05-20-10, 04:36 AM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Based on what info you provided NADA.com produced these numbers.
Attached Thumbnails what is my LS460L worth-nada-ls460l.jpg  
Old 05-20-10, 07:21 AM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As a private sale, you would be looking at somewhere between 42-45k. Adding an extended warranty for the next buyer is a complete waste of money. You won't see much, if any, of that back upon sale.
Old 05-20-10, 08:59 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Go to edmunds.com and look up the value. I find their site is better than nada and kbb...
Old 05-20-10, 10:27 AM
Joe S
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for you help and advice. I posted in the classified. I just came back from test driving S600 WoW. Man it is a beast with power. I'm really interest in buying it. Wasn't planning to sell or trade the LS since it is like new but this is too sweet a deal.
Again thanks
Joe
Old 05-20-10, 10:35 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S
Hi Everyone,
Before I put my car on the market want to find out what people are paying. Options include smoked chrome wheels and Mark Levinson system. Only 23000 miles in new condition no dents dings period. Always garage kept. Just put new tires on it so it is good to go. Also, would like to offer extended warranty were can I buy?
Got an incredible opportunity to buy a 2007 S600 V12 with only 22K one owner.
Always get good recommendations here.
Thanks,
Joe
I agree about not getting the extended warranty when you're selling it. Most private party buyers want the lowest price possible anyways and they can opt for that them self later on.

Beside, save that money for the extended warranty on the S600
Old 05-20-10, 11:01 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe S
Thanks for you help and advice. I posted in the classified. I just came back from test driving S600 WoW. Man it is a beast with power. I'm really interest in buying it. Wasn't planning to sell or trade the LS since it is like new but this is too sweet a deal.
Again thanks
Joe
Quite a difference, isn't it? Lots of torque, especially when ramping up to highway speeds.
Old 05-20-10, 05:04 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

IM with MINIZ, your in the 42k-44k ish range if its in mint shape. check out autotrader and your local dealer inventory, there is about 1-2k upside if there are not many available in your area, at least from what I saw around Xmas when I bought mine. They have dropped about 3k from then, I paid 39K for a CPO with just under 60, No ML but I got everything else I was after including new rims etc. Audio I changed out completely except for the head unit. 600 is a whole different breed of cat.. I hope that works out for you, that would be an E Ticket!
Old 05-20-10, 06:47 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I bought my 460L 2 months ago at a local dealership for $42,788. Exactly as you are describing, but with 34K miles on it, CPO without the warranty and the rear seat upgrade package. I felt like I got the vehicle I wanted at a fair price considering the mileage and options. Similar private owners where selling the same for below $40K, but most where outside the factory warranty on mileage. Good luck on your sale, and with the S600.
Old 05-20-10, 09:50 PM
jstjohnz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KYLS
I bought my 460L 2 months ago at a local dealership for $42,788. Exactly as you are describing, but with 34K miles on it, CPO without the warranty and the rear seat upgrade package. I felt like I got the vehicle I wanted at a fair price considering the mileage and options. Similar private owners where selling the same for below $40K, but most where outside the factory warranty on mileage. Good luck on your sale, and with the S600.
Curious what you mean when you say "cpo without the warranty". I thought CPO always included the extended warranty.
Old 05-21-10, 05:02 AM
mboverst
Driver School Candidate

So it's a great deal on the S600?

What's the sellers name and phone number, I'll 'help you' with the negotiations

Last edited by mboverst; 05-21-10 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-21-10, 06:07 AM
Joe S
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mboverst
So it's a great deal on the S600?

What's the sellers name and phone number, I'll 'help you' with the negotiations
Nice try...but I'm keeping that a secret for now. But thanks for the offer. Best regards, Joe
Old 05-21-10, 04:38 PM
KYLS
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jstjohnz
Curious what you mean when you say "cpo without the warranty". I thought CPO always included the extended warranty.
Lexus of Louisville performed the CPO work but didn't find a buyer, so after a month or so transferred it to their sister dealership, smart center Louisville (next door) and sold it "without" the CPO. I suppose they didn't have to buy the extra warranty from Lexus and could thus offer a better price. While negotiating with the Lexington dealership on a similar CPO car, they offered to remove the warranty to offer a better price (~$1k off), unfortunately for them the "better price" was still too high, and too late. Technically I suppose you can't consider either a CPO car without the extra warranty, even though they had all the checks and work done.
Old 05-22-10, 03:05 AM
Joe S
Driver School Candidate

The dealer made me a offer that I can't refuse. The S600 is still in warranty, and the dealer knows me and how I take care of my cars. So he offered me $42K for my Lexus. He knows it is in mint condition...the bottom line $22,000 plus Lexus takes the deal. Will pull the trigger on Monday.
Old 05-22-10, 03:37 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Save the extended warrantee on the LS and put it on the S600

Quick Reply: what is my LS460L worth