LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Question on LS drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-10, 01:38 PM
LexFather

Question Question on LS drivers seat

Hey,
I searched but cannot find a definitive answer. Does the LS drivers seat have two options? This is getting funny but in the ten years I've been here I really am noticing "seat comfort", something in the past I pretty much overlooked. I sat in a LS 460 L and the seats were magnificent. The seat had extensions that went under your legs and the seats had more adjustments than normal to me.

I've sat in quite a few LSs before but for some reason I am not sure if this is standard or optional.

Also does the Sport LS have these seats? I am sure the 600h L does. THanks
Old 06-08-10, 02:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/features/pricing.html

16 way driver seat adjustment (and 12 for passenger) is standard for all ls460, and that includes the sports if i am correct
Old 06-08-10, 03:26 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Seat comfort is just as much about an individual's physique and tolerance, as it is about construction and flexibility. There is/was no difference between the 460 or the 600 in '07-'09; can't comment about '10 though. I suppose if you throw in semi-aniline leather which might be softer, that may be a factor, although s-a is more about color dye penetration. In my case, I weigh about 155 lbs, so the TSIB bump was not apparent. I noticed a difference when I switched to the RX right away, but have gotten used to it since. I still remember my RX7 cloth seats as being quite comfortable, but this in terms of support for the type of driving I did. I guess I'm quite tolerant and adaptable, because I'm not that sensitive to one way or another. The only time it becomes an issue for me is on long road trips, where seat cooling and the ability to adjust the seat on-the-fly are definite pluses.
Old 06-08-10, 05:43 PM
LexFather

Thanks. So they ALL have the seat extension on the drivers side. The LS seat is so much more comfier than my GS with many more adjustments.
Old 06-08-10, 05:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks. So they ALL have the seat extension on the drivers side. The LS seat is so much more comfier than my GS with many more adjustments.
oh yeah, they aren't even close. the ls460 seats are far far better than the 3gs seats
Old 06-08-10, 07:01 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The extension cushion was also on the LS 430. The '10 LS 460 gets the sliding entry/exit seat.
Old 06-08-10, 09:46 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by encore888
The extension cushion was also on the LS 430. The '10 LS 460 gets the sliding entry/exit seat.
Ah ha, a feature that I really like on the RX, among others that I'm certain will make their way across to a future Gen... The RX is surprisingly well appointed...
Old 06-08-10, 10:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Johnny
Ah ha, a feature that I really like on the RX, among others that I'm certain will make their way across to a future Gen... The RX is surprisingly well appointed...
so you think the entry/exit seat setup is great?
Old 06-09-10, 04:49 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,
I searched but cannot find a definitive answer. Does the LS drivers seat have two options? This is getting funny but in the ten years I've been here I really am noticing "seat comfort", something in the past I pretty much overlooked. I sat in a LS 460 L and the seats were magnificent. The seat had extensions that went under your legs and the seats had more adjustments than normal to me.

I've sat in quite a few LSs before but for some reason I am not sure if this is standard or optional.

Also does the Sport LS have these seats? I am sure the 600h L does. THanks
The only difference between the standard and Sport LS seats is that the Sport seats have exagerated seat cushion and back rest bolsters for more lateral support when going around curves. All the adjustments are the same.
Old 06-09-10, 08:45 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by encore888
Wait so this is the feature where the entire seat moves fore/aft right? If so I loved this feature as well.

Originally Posted by stanatl
The only difference between the standard and Sport LS seats is that the Sport seats have exagerated seat cushion and back rest bolsters for more lateral support when going around curves. All the adjustments are the same.
Thanks
Old 06-09-10, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Wait so this is the feature where the entire seat moves fore/aft right? If so I loved this feature as well.

Thanks
i think encore refers to the new feature when when you shut off the car, it used to be the that just the steering wheel retracts and tilts up. but now the driver seat will also lower and slide back for easier entry/exit. i tried that on the new rx, pretty cool
Old 06-09-10, 10:16 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
i think encore refers to the new feature when when you shut off the car, it used to be the that just the steering wheel retracts and tilts up. but now the driver seat will also lower and slide back for easier entry/exit. i tried that on the new rx, pretty cool
Oh....

You know my body is getting older when I'm talking about SEATS on Clublexus and not mods
Old 06-09-10, 01:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Oh....

You know my body is getting older when I'm talking about SEATS on Clublexus and not mods
lol or it's an indication for you to upgrade again soon?
Old 06-09-10, 02:56 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
Right, previously one could set the 3rd seat memory to do the same (except for having to press the button each time), but this new slide back is better. On the RX anyway, the LPS gives the driver a choice of three settings, halfway back, all the way back, or simply off altogether. Since the LPS choices are User accessible on the RX, it's a simple procedure to set it up on the screen and/or make changes anytime.
Old 06-09-10, 03:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Johnny
Right, previously one could set the 3rd seat memory to do the same (except for having to press the button each time), but this new slide back is better. On the RX anyway, the LPS gives the driver a choice of three settings, halfway back, all the way back, or simply off altogether. Since the LPS choices are User accessible on the RX, it's a simple procedure to set it up on the screen and/or make changes anytime.
finally, some setting that we can change ourselves!

Quick Reply: Question on LS drivers seat