LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexus Service Dept frustration / policy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-10, 10:13 AM
HSVRX350
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Lexus Service Dept frustration / policy?

This might be regarded as Lexus Service Dept policy? or frustration on owner?

Please don’t flame me for this since this is the first Lexus product I own.

Made my first appointment with Huntsville Service Dept. couple days ago and explained that I would like to have the TSB on the uncomfortable seat taken care of. Please make sure you have the parts prior to me having to drop off the LS460. Please call me back to confirm. Also, to see if they can take care of the windnoise issue on my LS460 on the day. I insisted for a loaner but won’t take a hybrid. We had a confirmation on the loaner 2010 RX350 instead of that fancy repackaged Prius (CT2000).

So I arrive today and of course the parts are not there since the lady at the service department said they have to drive the car to confirm.

I told them that I don’t quite understand why a test drive would be needed for replacement of foam in seat since TSB is out for this and I am **** / territorial about who drives my car.

I can understand about the windnoise to confirm on a test drive.

She’s wants to keep the car for the day since it’s going to be more than 4 hours. They want to cart me back and forth since they have no loaner.

My frustration was why would I need to leave the car there if the parts aren’t available. Perhaps couple minutes of test drive with technician to confirm and I would be willing to wait since I have an hour to burn.

She said “No, it is our policy to drop you off at work and pick you up since we don’t have a loaner”.

I got frustration and left - “Told her that I will make another appointment when I am ready”.

My question is was I treated correctly or is Lexus of Huntsville imcompatent in everything they do? Service Department don't have the part also since I had a bad time with their sales department?

Here's the old thread on their Lexus of Huntsville sales department.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sou...untsville.html
Old 06-24-10, 10:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well my first impression is that the dealership sux and the SA sounds like an idiot.

1) it's common practice for them to "confirm" problems before ordering stuff for warranty or tsib. i think that's reasonable policy. even if it's your seat, they need to make sure the problem is there (or interact with you in person so you point out the issue) before they perform the work

2) i would escalate the issue on loaner to the manager, it's unacceptable when you had confirmation on a loaner but they are not able to give you anything, end of story.

3) tell her to put whatever policy she has away coz' it's stupid. if your time to burn and you can wait for test drive if you want, and come in any time you want. she can't force to drop you off anywhere
Old 06-24-10, 12:40 PM
HSVRX350
Rookie

I just don't want having to leave my car there for two days for fixing something that should be resolved for one day. This Lexus stealership is in bad part of town and I don't want to leave it overnight.

With Porsche when I was in Germany, you call them up bring in the 996 and voila done.

Here you got to come back for second time when the first time is for surveying? Got to be kidding me.
Old 06-24-10, 12:44 PM
dimapb
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to a different dealership or get to know a Service Manager at this one. I'm sure he/she would be able to help you and accommodate you. I'm would agree with rominl on the confirmation part. Most would want to confirm the issue before ordering parts for it, but the loaner... simply ridiculous. To be honest, I "abuse" the loaner department at my dealer... Every once in a while, I drop the car off to get washed and they give me a loaner if they can't get it done in 30 minutes. That's what I call "Great Customer Service".
Old 06-24-10, 01:30 PM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by HSVRX350
I just don't want having to leave my car there for two days for fixing something that should be resolved for one day. This Lexus stealership is in bad part of town and I don't want to leave it overnight.

With Porsche when I was in Germany, you call them up bring in the 996 and voila done.

Here you got to come back for second time when the first time is for surveying? Got to be kidding me.
These are not minor TSB's. The seats will take at least 2 days to get done as they usually outsourced to an upholstery shop. Same with the wind noise. If they're replacing windows, expect another 2 days. I was happy with the results on each, but you need to be patient. Work with the dealership and they will hopefully take care of you.
Old 06-24-10, 02:21 PM
jarm
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all lets talk dealerships. I have 4 dealerships in the Houston area. I have one that is 5 minutes from my house. The service at the dealership is horrible. I refuse to go there. They screwed me around similar to what was done to you. I now drive some 30 minutes to another dealership. They treat me so good, it is hard to believe they both represent Lexus. My dealership confirms a loaner and it is mine until the work is finished. So it does make a difference in dealerships.
Now to complain. This is my 3rd LS that have had. I purchased a 2005 LS 430 from a dealership certified. I received the car with 2 tires that were bald. I complained to the dealership but was told that is just the way it is. BS!
So I wrote a letter to the president of Lexus in California. I sent it certified of course. The NEXT DAY, the president of Lexus called me to apologize. He told me to take the car to whatever tire dealer that I wanted and have 4 new tires on the car. Take the bill to the dealership that I purchased the car from. WOOOOO!. Talk about some *** kissing. The owner of the dealership called me to apologize. The dealership gave me a golf shirt, golf *****, and the check for the tires. Everyone was sorry. But I will not go back. So after all this hot air. Go over everyone's head. Lexus prides themselves on customer service. Call the owner of the dealership to complain. Send a letter to the president of Lexus in the US. Let them know this is your first Lexus and you were treated like a Dodge owner and you are not happy. I promise you will get results. But go to another dealership after it is fixed. Like someone said your dealer sucks.

jarm
Old 06-24-10, 03:43 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexusnutt
......... The seats will take at least 2 days to get done as they usually outsourced to an upholstery shop. ........
It took my Houston area dealer 1.75 days to do the seats, they did not outsource it but rather did it in-house. Then the following week another 2 days to repair damages to the interior while removing the seats, and redo the seat covers because of the poor installation. FYI - I have four Lexus products in my driveway, all purchased from this same dealership. Their quality of work is at time highly questionable, but I do have a SA who is very helpful and attempts to appease us. However, with their shop track record, I will never allow them to do the wind noise TSB.... LOL I might need a complete paint job after they get done.
Old 06-24-10, 05:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, that's funny...
Old 06-24-10, 08:14 PM
jstjohnz
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some TSIBs require the dealership to verify the complaint, others don't. The seat comfort TSIB I don't think requires anything to be verified because it is simply a question of driver perceived comfort or lack of.

Most TSIBs involving noise do need to be verified because they may involve a lot of labor and they want to make sure they are addressing the correct issue before they start.

I talked to my dealership about the seat comfort issue recently and they said they have to see the vehicle first, why I don't know, then they order the parts, and they have an outside upholstery crew that comes into the dealership one day a week that does the work. The advisor I was dealing with said there are 2 different fixes depending on exactly where the comfort issue is, but I don't think that's true.
Old 06-25-10, 10:52 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Go to another dealership. My dealer gives me a loaner anytime I bring my car in. I do live out of town, but it's Lexus policy to provide a loaner. You didn't purchase a Toyota, you purchased a luxury vehicle. They way they treated you, I would go elsewhere. I would also report them to Lexus Corp. 1-800-25-Lexus...