LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

[PICS] My Latest Car Upgrades 5 [ P.Caliper & Front Bumper Centre Opening Closed ]

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-10, 09:25 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
i am sorry but i suggest you go back and study the idea of forum posting and threads. you post something, that's subject to replies/comments/suggestions from people. if you don't want any, then don't post. that's just the nature of how forums are.

and there is also no power in you to control who posts in your thread or not.

i am not against you or your car or your threads. if you check back in my previous postings, i have nothing against you. when i see something good, i reply. when i see something bad, i comment. period.
I think its you who should study and read the forum rules

There is no rule in the forums that prevent or forbid the thread poster to quote and reply on posts.

As i said all people are welcomed , dont know if you count yourself one of the people ( Ouch ).

Dont you see your the only one whos acting weird here and using the word people zillions of time in such a way to defend your posts. Listen i have no issues with people, its just you since i ever known this forum.Your the type of person that like people to go on your rules and your way. Everything you say is always rite, Its like you want us to please you by doing the rite thing.

Do the rite thing you may have some fake Roof spoiler but not P.Calipers.
lets quit going around in circles. No offense and im really sorry to tell you this, no one here is annoying in posts like u henry. Its not about this thread im talking in general and its a fact, sorry if you cant accept facts.

Your point is taken into consideration saying you dont like painted calipers one time is enuf. You duplicate the same post in 2 threads ! i apologize to dimapb henry turned me on buddy.

Thanks for ruining my thread thats the way you are rominl

Last edited by uae; 06-25-10 at 10:23 AM.
Old 06-25-10, 09:28 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

no problem, your comments are well taken and i am sure it's read well by everyone. but my previous post still stands that if you post something, then people can comment. sorry but that's the hard facts. i am not being sensitive at all (why would i, it's not my car, not my thread), but i think it's important to make it clear about the policy of the forum

same all my posts stands, Problem is you cant understand people and dont understand the way they think and u judge fast. Its only u no one else.

ALL people are welcomed to post Negative/Postive posts

Last edited by uae; 06-25-10 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-25-10, 09:48 AM
ThaWatcha
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sick body kit, looks really good, and those wheels set it off. very nice.
Old 06-25-10, 10:10 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks buddy Glad you liked it
Old 06-25-10, 10:29 AM
LexFather

uae please understand if you post pics, people will post their thoughts on it and as long as they are respectful and are not "beating a dead horse" they can post their thoughts here.

We have copyright and trademark laws to protect companies like "Wald". In cases of stickers they are rarely ever enforced but the company is protected.

A lot of members paint their calipers and the usual sticker is a "Lexus one". The IS F has Brembo brakes OEM so some have put Brembo on the caliper. Some don't like the idea but NO ONE CAN ARGUE it isn't a real Brembo brake system because it is.

The Lexus LS has a fantastic stock brake system. Putting "Wald" on it is simply posing and pawning them off to be something it is not.They are not Wald brakes. Imagine if someone that did have a real Wald Brake kit on their LS pulled up next to you at a light. IF they rolled the window down and asked you questions about it or insulted you as they were "fake" you could only understand.

It is your car, your ride and your brakes so you can do WHATEVER you want to it. That said don't expect everyone to be so accommodating to questionable mods.

Originally Posted by uae
same all my posts stands, Problem is you cant understand people and dont understand the way they think and u judge fast. Its only u no one else.

ALL people are welcomed to post Negative/Postive posts

jk
How about lets not make personal comments with "YOU" in them? And lets all parties agree to disagree here and move on. Thanks

Old 06-25-10, 10:36 AM
airlaird
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

With those side "gills" in the fender and the GPS "fin" on the back...you need to refer to that thing as the "great White" ;-). Nice job!
airlaird
Old 06-25-10, 10:42 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Imagine if someone that did have a real Wald Brake kit on their LS pulled up next to you at a light. IF they rolled the window down and asked you questions about it or insulted you as they were "fake" you could only understand.
Point taken into consideration but how about this,
A friend of mine has a fake wald body kit ( Front/Rear Bumpers , fenders , Roof/Trunk Spoilers for 3k ! The body only not the rims.
Fake to every small details.Copied the same details of the rear bumper black and white lines.

Am i Upset ? ( No )
Am i Jelous ( No )

As a comparison if times goes back i would have installed the fake one coz 1/1000 you will know its fake , Not possible at all. So whats left then ? Paint the calipers wth WALD Logo ? Rear Wald Emblem ? Change front Emblem to LS 600 ? Instead of having the fog lights which cost me a fortune why not change the Bulb inside. 99.9% copiable at a lower rate.
so far around 70% copied and no furstration and were still friends.
It all depends on people mentalities and the way they think.

As a car owner View:I am glad that he has his kit installed for a cheaper price than mine and thats the rite thing

As a Body Kit manufacturer:I will feel bad and try to get the garage details to sue them.

Will ask him for his car pics and once i have them i will post them ^__^

If LS 460 had enuf power then i might consider having BBS or something better. IMO its not worth spending the money on. Since what im after is how the car looks and styles.
Some things are worth buying the original not everything.
Who buys original DVD's from stores nowadays ?
Thanx to ( Torrent - Rapidshare - MegaUpload - Emule ) & every uploading software/URL for hosting movies with subs.

Originally Posted by guy2k

Last edited by uae; 06-25-10 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-25-10, 01:47 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by uae
Point taken into consideration but how about this,
A friend of mine has a fake wald body kit ( Front/Rear Bumpers , fenders , Roof/Trunk Spoilers for 3k ! The body only not the rims.
Fake to every small details.Copied the same details of the rear bumper black and white lines.

Am i Upset ? ( No )
Am i Jelous ( No )

As a comparison if times goes back i would have installed the fake one coz 1/1000 you will know its fake , Not possible at all. So whats left then ? Paint the calipers wth WALD Logo ? Rear Wald Emblem ? Change front Emblem to LS 600 ? Instead of having the fog lights which cost me a fortune why not change the Bulb inside. 99.9% copiable at a lower rate.
so far around 70% copied and no furstration and were still friends.
It all depends on people mentalities and the way they think.

As a car owner View:I am glad that he has his kit installed for a cheaper price than mine and thats the rite thing

As a Body Kit manufacturer:I will feel bad and try to get the garage details to sue them.

Will ask him for his car pics and once i have them i will post them ^__^

If LS 460 had enuf power then i might consider having BBS or something better. IMO its not worth spending the money on. Since what im after is how the car looks and styles.
Some things are worth buying the original not everything.
Who buys original DVD's from stores nowadays ?
Thanx to ( Torrent - Rapidshare - MegaUpload - Emule ) & every uploading software/URL for hosting movies with subs.
Let me say I do like your car and I love the enthusiasm you have shown for the LS here. To you BBS's are not worth the money but to others they may seem like a bargain since you are getting race proven top quality wheels. Its all in perspective.

I bought fake wheels before, didn't know they were fake and did no research. Posted them here. Got ripped by a lot of people I learned to do the research. Those "Fake" wheels had awful quality. I ended up buying 2 additional ones as they bent like foil seemingly. It was a fantastic lesson and I am thankful the older guys schooled me on wheels.

People don't have to ask me "Mike is that real" b/c they know Mike keeps it real.

Like I said I love the enthusiasm, you have a very nice LS, just not a fan of the Wald stickers either and I will move on from it.

Old 06-25-10, 02:35 PM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Let me say I do like your car and I love the enthusiasm you have shown for the LS here. To you BBS's are not worth the money but to others they may seem like a bargain since you are getting race proven top quality wheels. Its all in perspective.

I bought fake wheels before, didn't know they were fake and did no research. Posted them here. Got ripped by a lot of people I learned to do the research. Those "Fake" wheels had awful quality. I ended up buying 2 additional ones as they bent like foil seemingly. It was a fantastic lesson and I am thankful the older guys schooled me on wheels.

People don't have to ask me "Mike is that real" b/c they know Mike keeps it real.

Like I said I love the enthusiasm, you have a very nice LS, just not a fan of the Wald stickers either and I will move on from it.
No worries man,
Wheels are a different issue, as i said it all depends on what the owner is after
Desires should meet the goals. In my case im a long distance traveller.last week i travelled 750Km. So definetly i need the high quality wheels. Crappy wheels wont last long enuf and i will have to change them in their mid-life 20K maybe, depending on my driving / braking style. BTW Thats not a Sticker on P.Caliper. Its Painted Logo;(Paint on Paint )

Last edited by uae; 06-25-10 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-25-10, 03:20 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by uae
No worries man,
Wheels are a different issue, as i said it all depends on what the owner is after
Desires should meet the goals. In my case im a long distance traveller.last week i travelled 750Km. So definetly i need the high quality wheels. Crappy wheels wont last long enuf and i will have to change them in their mid-life 20K maybe, depending on my driving / braking style. BTW Thats not a Sticker on P.Caliper. Its Painted Logo;(Paint on Paint )
I don't understand all the angst in this thread.
uae, you can't what you please to your car. I personally believe that a person can get knock-offs, imitations, used, copies....wahtever they want. It's their ride and money.
However, putting another company sticker on your stuff!!! That's just not cool. You could have put a Lexus sticker on those brakes and been just as cool as the Wald sticker.
But, I don't have to drive it and I won't argue with you. You can accept people's comments or not. It's all good. It's best to be careful and get along with others in any community...live or cyberspace.
Old 06-25-10, 03:23 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i don't think that color is available on ls460

it's starfire pearl i believe
This car may well be Starfire Pearl but it must come in GFM because I have seen 2 in my area.
Old 06-25-10, 04:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
This car may well be Starfire Pearl but it must come in GFM because I have seen 2 in my area.
maybe just reflection, but i checked edmunds and also this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...lor-chart.html

GFM is never offered on the ls460, just starfire pearl?
Old 06-26-10, 05:47 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ice350
I don't understand all the angst in this thread.
uae, you can't what you please to your car. I personally believe that a person can get knock-offs, imitations, used, copies....wahtever they want. It's their ride and money.
However, putting another company sticker on your stuff!!! That's just not cool. You could have put a Lexus sticker on those brakes and been just as cool as the Wald sticker.
But, I don't have to drive it and I won't argue with you. You can accept people's comments or not. It's all good. It's best to be careful and get along with others in any community...live or cyberspace.
I accept people comments and i hope people will accept mine in return.I agree that the purpose of forums is to comment/suggest/reply on pics questions & not force - convince others , turn to their money manager/advisor and give orders PUT , YOU SHOULD, etc... . Rules are something and implementing them is something else.
This is exactly whats been going up there & up to this moment.
A While ago we all saw the Superb WALD body kit
New Arrival Syrengy
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...roject+Synergy

Before

After

Syrengy Brake System:Rotora ---> Painted red wth WALD Logo ( Cool )
Uae Brake System:Lexus ---> Painted red wth WALD Logo ( Not cool )

( At least his is rotora he spent some money on his brakes to prevent us commenting on that issue , but u didnt pay something ure using lexus OEM brakes so thats why were commenting in ure thread regarding that specific matter ) lOl

None were original WALD Brake System and ended up with a WALD Logo.
Coz none of us are dumb to spend 15 K.

[Theres something called (getting the original thing or doing the rite thing). If that cant be done you get another option called (Almost buying the original thing - staying on the rite track), if you cant afford WALD then stay on the rite track by getting rotora or BBS then only you can have the WALD logo and we will give you a pass in our comments regarding this matter] puddon me ? lol

In other words, should have syrengy been told to keep the logo as rotora or lexus because they are rotora and not wald ? Answer is ( Who cares + i dont see any continued comments in his thread regarding the painted calipers )!Hmmm So why is it a continued discussion here !

You give your opinion and i give mine back. You try to convince me of doing something from your point of view is correct. I mean no one here has the WALD brakes, dont know what all the madness and the repeated - answered zillions of times phrase. If you scroll up or even to the previous page you find an answer to your phrase with an Exclamation. Id love to see new comments though.your problem is you dont even have the wald body kit nor the brakes nor a WALD CEO or LEXUS GM to question me JeeZ.You could have read previous answered comments and havent repeated the same comment.

Since me & syrengy have a full WALD body kit so what if we have the logo on the brakes. So should i spend another 15K for the brakes? and post back pics in the forums then i would be a friend of all CL members who disagreed in the first place on the painting ? lOl.

( Congrats UAE, You did the rite thing well delete our previous comments and will make the new ones stand * Thumbs Up* ) lOl.

End Of Disccussion regarding the phrase

Sticker on paint
and painted logo on painted caliper

I'll move on

Last edited by uae; 06-26-10 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-26-10, 11:44 AM
guy2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dimapb
Your car, except for the painted fake WALD calipers, looks great. These calipers are not WALD and should never have a WALD log on them. Keep in mind... you own a Lexus LS460... this is not a Honda Civic and you are not a "ricer"
i dont understand why everyone is making such a big deal about putting wald on the calipers,no one says anything when someone with a Bentely or a Rolls buys a set of asanti wheels and puts a B or double R's over the name of the wheels or even if some buys a Lexus and puts the L over the name of the wheels to make it look like it came from the factory with those wheels on
Old 06-26-10, 03:30 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

uae: Nice car, love the kit + wheels, as usual. Not a fan of the rear emblem and brakes, you like it, that all it matters right?

Club Lexus taught me alot about modding, wheels, ..etc, I think it's the perfect website for our Lexus. Just to remember this forum isn't like any Arabic forums that we go to, here we don't get fake positive comments like what we get from there, which is a good thing, people here are honest, they are not attacking/hating you, they just comment their opinions, if you can't handle their comments what's the point in making threads bro? I bet this forum helped you alot in modding your car, and this thread is one of them.

rominl: we do have GFM LS460, here's an example:

http://aqarcity.org/up09/images/bwy1254059352n.JPG

Quick Reply: [PICS] My Latest Car Upgrades 5 [ P.Caliper & Front Bumper Centre Opening Closed ]