LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Need to repaint my LS460L!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-10, 06:41 PM
adammb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by miniz

It is best to avoid all this and do the least amount of paint you can.
Agreed

I did leave off one thing that I think is important. There is a difference from a 6k to a 15k paint job. However the differences are very minimal to 99.99% of the public and not worth the added differences.

What you stated in your last post is true but I did mention that the repair needed to be quality. What they try to do is get the car at the cheapest price possible so yes they will mention all they can but I think I said they don't care. They will sell the price for the same price as long as it is a quality job. If not they need to redo it and will take money off. It is all in the negotiation. I think in order to be Lexus certified which is out the door if you have a high mileage car there can only be so many panels painted although very few places can spot a quality repair and if you wanted to pay enough you could have your panels stripped so you would be within the appropriate mil amount that a single layer of paint would have.

I think our talks back and forth will give any reading it all the info they need to make a decision to go one way or the other.
Old 07-23-10, 04:35 AM
uae
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your going to paint the enitre car, then paint it with a new color Matt or any other color that will make you love the car for its unique paint.

Choice is yours.
Old 07-23-10, 05:02 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why not have the car vinyl'd? Cheaper and easy to repair or replace if necessary.
Should cost less than $2000 as well.

Oh ya, in regards to a car on a trade-in to a dealer. Dealer doesn't care at all if the paint looks like OEM. The fact is 99% of the buying public has no clue how to tell if a cars been painted. As long as there's no proof of frame damage etc.. and if the dealer thinks they can get a good price for it they won't care if it's been painted.
Old 07-23-10, 05:42 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by uae
If your going to paint the enitre car, then paint it with a new color Matt or any other color that will make you love the car for its unique paint.

Choice is yours.
That's even worse then repainting the entire car in the factory color. There is a very limited market for matte. Most people hate it and will never even consider buying the car when you try to sell it. I sure wouldn't. The best place for a matte car is a body shop, where is can be repainted correctly.