LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexus service has gone to hell

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-10, 06:32 PM
MannyRCF
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lexus service is top notch...i dont care if they charged me a arm and leg for my oil change...i have owned BMW,Nissan,Chrysler,GM,Infinti,Jeep...they all dont compare...I will go back to Lexus for my next car..but this time I think gonna go for the LX or GX
Old 08-07-10, 02:43 AM
whatisayut
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink trunk locked

Originally Posted by jmcraney
Since this seems to be a problem that comes up, not frequently, but repeatedly, I decided to sort of prepare myself for this in case it happens to me.

After looking at this carefully and reading about how others have dealt with it, I think the best approach would be to use the manual key and the following technique.

Insert the manual key into the key slot on the trunk lid. The correct way to turn the key is clockwise. For the key to operate it must be turned about 35 degrees. If you are not able to turn the key about 35 degrees then use one hand to apply clockwise pressure to the key while you use your other hand to apply downward pressure to the trunk lid - use the heel of your hand to push down on the trunk lid on the ridge directly over the license plate. That will probably allow the key to operate. At this point you may have to keep the key fully operated and then use your other hand to grasp the trunk lid, at the lip over the license plate, and pull the lid up.

As for disconnecting the battery, I don't think that is necessary, but it might allow the same thing as operating the key to be done electrically. After you get the trunk open you might have to do the battery disconnect thing to restore the trunk operation that pulls the trunk lid snug. You should see if operation is normal before you go to the trouble of disconnecting the battery.

If this is proven to be useful then our moderators should start a Sticky thread for emergency fixes to include this and a way to disable the audio system when the amp fails.
jm, wish i could go back in time and see if that worked. I did have someone sit on trunk while i tried the fob and the button up front, but I don't recall trying the mechanical key while applying pressure. Would have made more sense to do that. Hard to think clearly while freaking out.