LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Sprint Booster Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 08:49 PM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Post Sprint Booster Review

Just got my Sprint Booster and wanted to share my experience with you.
First off, I'm not a motor head like I used to be, but I like my cars to perform. I really love my LS, but the throttle lag was always a sore spot with me.

I found out about Sprint Booster from the Toms Japan Linear Throttle Control System thread and did some research. There's an entire thread on the IS forum and from what I gathered, it was a love it or leave it mod. I'm not going to get into the how's, or why's, That's up to you and your own due diligence.

Money back guarantee so I took the plunge. Ordered it and had it in 2 days! OK, I thought, just in time for the weekend. The manufacturer/distributor (www.sprintboosterusa.com) claimed it was a 10-15 min. installation and it was just that. I took pics of the installation which I'll post later this week.
There are 3 settings on the control switch: Off, medium (green) and maximum (red). Started off with green because "Green is Good".There was an immediate response when I hit the gas and thought "Damn, this is Green?"

Took it around town and the car went through all gears with no lag smoothly. Made it to the freeway on ramp and gunned it. No hesitation! Yeah baby! Got up to 80 in a flash. However, if there was one thing that was noticeable was that at top speed, the RPM's momentarily(2 secs) stayed around 3k when I let off the gas then dipped back to normal range. Really not a big deal since I knew I had really gotten down on it. Tried the maximum setting and it was too aggressive so switched back.

I drove home with a big smile on my face knowing I made a good decision. There are only two negatives that I can garner. One, is my gas mileage is going to suffer because I'm going to be on it and two is there probably is going to be a ticket in my future.

I do know that from this early test, my car is now fun to drive and this is the way it should have been from the factory. I can see why it won best new product at SEMA last year.
Old 08-13-10, 11:07 PM
Xwakeboard
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know how it affects the warranty?
Old 08-14-10, 11:38 AM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first thought as well. There hasn't been much discussion on this forum for this mod. I wonder what the negative consequences might be. It sounds like a really satisfying performance boost.
Old 08-14-10, 01:08 PM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well a quick search shows a lot of discussions on other Lexus threads. This one is very extensive and still active:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...t-booster.html
Old 08-15-10, 07:30 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

ur in cali so be careful about tickets.. chk ur local laws an see about K40 radar & laser.. they are a godsend here in Orlando.... had it on my GS..(now on the hunt for an LS.. keep ur fingers crossed) Sprint Booster is an awesome product.. havent heard any draw backs other than the mentioned possible tickets... enjoy & be safe