LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

"New to me" 2007 LS 460L

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-10, 01:21 PM
JGeorge027
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "New to me" 2007 LS 460L

Hi everyone...first post, and I'm thrilled to be here and to be the proud owner of a 2007 LS 460L in Smoky Granite/Black with about 29K miles.

I picked it up over the weekend and so far am loving it! Traded in an 08 Audi A5 (which I loved!) to be a bit more family friendly and practical. I'm loving the fact that I can fit more than one set of golf clubs in the trunk!

Anyway, I've begun searching through all the threads here, but thought I would start this one to ask all the experts here some specific and general questions.

1. I had Sirius in my Audi and would like to have the same in the LS. Is this possible? If so, is it something I can do or do I need to take it to a dealer?

2. I hear the next version of the Nav software is coming out soon. Is it worth waiting for that version or should I have the dealer upgrade it now?

3. Speaking of the Nav...what are my options to override the "can't push buttons while on the move" limitation? I saw references to VAIS and Prestigious Society...more info would be much appreciated!

4. Are my Owner's Manual and/or Navigation System manual available online (so I can upload to my iPad)?

5. What else do I need to do/know/ or change? Any links to helpful hints or suggested improvements?

6. I've read through some of the wind noise threads and have been trying hard to determine whether I have the problem or if Lexus has performed the TSB's on my car. If someone can point me in the right direction here, I'd appreciate it.

7. I know this might sound pretty silly, but is there a way for me to identify all of the options that were installed? I don't have the original window sticker, but I know I have the rear memory seats. I'm thinking it was the Luxury package.

I'll stop for now, and will continue to do some searching on the forums. I'm in South Florida now (been here less than 2 years), so if someone has recommendations on some good dealers or reputable shops to do some of the install work that may be required, feel free to pass them along. I'm not too much of a do it yourself-er, so I'd likely have to have someone else do the work.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jack
Old 08-23-10, 01:52 PM
adammb
Rookie

A Lexus dealer should be able to get you alot of that info.

The override screen will go away when you update the nav system in which I too am going to wait until the new version is released this year. You are wasting your money to do both as you cant sell it anymore. It's downloaded to your car by the dealer.
Old 08-23-10, 02:47 PM
jmcraney

Received 273 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by JGeorge027
6. I've read through some of the wind noise threads and have been trying hard to determine whether I have the problem or if Lexus has performed the TSB's on my car. If someone can point me in the right direction here, I'd appreciate it.
If you are undecided as to whether your car has the "wind noise" problem, then it is likely that it is afflicted to some extent. The cars are so exceptionally quiet when all is in good order that any reasonable person would quickly be able to understand when they don't have the problem.

Although several problems have been identified as contributing to wind noise, the triangle trim defect seems by far to be the most prevalent cause and the easiest to fix.

Unless something has changed, you will not be able to get a Lexus dealer to repair the triangle trim defect. By all indications they have been expressly forbidden to repair the triangle trim in response to complaints about wind noise.

There is a step-by-step DIY procedure at: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...noise-fix.html

If you are not a DIYer then you should be able to take the instructions to a collision repair business and get it done.

I don't think it would ever be wrong to do this repair to your car. It is very inexpensive, the improvement can be significant and when it is done carefully it does not alter the appearance of your car.

There is a suggestion for evaluating wind noise at: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3543756-post130.html

Last edited by jmcraney; 08-23-10 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-23-10, 02:50 PM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to Club Lexus. I hope you find this forum as useful as I have.

3. Speaking of the Nav...what are my options to override the "can't push buttons while on the move" limitation? I saw references to VAIS and Prestigious Society...more info would be much appreciated!
Many on this forum have used Prestigious Society. They have a great quality product and extremely good customer service. They have been highly rated numerous times on this forum and I have not seen even a single negative comment. Go with them for the Nav override.

[QUOTE=4. Are my Owner's Manual and/or Navigation System manual available online (so I can upload to my iPad)?[/QUOTE]

Both manuals are available on line at the Lexus site; however, they are not made available as a single file. Rather there are multiple pdf documents you can download. For discussion about this see:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...hone-ipad.html
Old 08-23-10, 03:57 PM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

Congrats and welcome!

As to some of your questions -

2. Wait about a month. A new version should be out in Sept.

5. Check out this site - http://www.lambros.net/2007LS460L/tsib/

7. The original dealer has this info. You just may have to prod them of their lazy butt to look it up for you.
Old 08-23-10, 04:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

1) yes you can do sirius, can add vaistech

2) yes, can wait a month or so, 10.1 should be out

3) ps override is good. email chung@prestigioussociety.com for more info

4) you can d/l them after you sign up on lexus.com i believe.

5) this is a really broad question though. if you narrow it down it will be easier

6) jmcraney is the king on this

7) take a picture of your front grille, the center console (shift plate), and the rear center armrest (down), and i should be able to tell you most of the options you might have. and do you have 18s or 19s?

as usual, congrats on your car and welcome to CL!
Old 08-23-10, 06:57 PM
JGeorge027
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all for the replies/answers and for the warm welcome.

I'll try to take some pics tomorrow and get them posted.

I'm still a bit confused on the iPod/XM/Sirius/PS/Vaistech stuff. If I want to have Sirius, integrate my iPod to the nav display, be able to use iPod and Nav while driving, what components do I need?

I assume: go to my dealer and get the Sirius thing switched from XM to Sirius, then get the dealer to install the iPod connection. After that's done, I can do the PS thing and that will allow overrides to the iPod and Nav/DVD.

Where does the vaistech stuff fit in?

Moving on...I'll wait for the 10.1 - that should eliminate the "I agree" message, correct?

I found the manuals...thank you!

Will likely try to get the wind noise TSB's taken care of at the same time...and was talking to a friend about tackling the jmcraney mod.

Until I get the pics, I think the options I have are:
2007 LS460L
LL - Luxury Package
MH - LEvinson/DVD Changer
MZ - Lexus Link
PA - Intuitive Parking Assist
PI - Advanced Parking Guidance System

Any good way to identify TP or AS? I think I must have the upgraded chrome wheels. Will check on the tire size tomorrow am.

Thanks again!

Jack
Old 08-23-10, 07:22 PM
jmcraney

Received 273 Likes on 207 Posts

Will likely try to get the wind noise TSB's taken care of at the same time...and was talking to a friend about tackling the jmcraney mod.
I believe that your car already has the thick windows. I suggest that you avoid the TSIB that adds the plastic strips along each side of the windshield, commonly called the "crosswind turbulence TSIB". Many owners have reported having it done and no one has reported any improvement from that and several people, including me, find it unattractive. You should just do the triangle trim repair before you do anything else. Unless you want the crosswind turbulence TSIB done, you should make it expressly clear to your dealer that you do not want it because sometimes they just do that because they believe they are helping you. It involves shortening one of the wiper arms and installing some rivets and is not easily undone. I am unaware of any other "wind noise" related TSIBs that would be applicable to your car unless there is some indication that there is wind noise related to the side mirror.
Old 08-23-10, 10:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

if you have touring package, you should have 19" wheels and a bit larger front rotors

if you have radio and climate control (4 zone) in the back, you have rear seats upgrade, which means for sure you don't have touring package

for vaistech, they are aftermarket modules, don't know if dealership will install. they have sirius integration and also ipod. you can do both together, i have done quite a few and they work perfectly. of course, with sirius you will need to have an extra antenna somewhere

i would suggest you install everything together including ps override, since you will basically just pay one installation to do all. like i said you can email chung for more info. i think they are having a sale right now
Old 08-24-10, 04:30 PM
JGeorge027
Driver School Candidate

Hi everyone,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner...work's keeping me busy!

I'm attaching some pics, as per rominl's suggestion.

I received the inventory/"window sticker" from my dealer that lists the options. They are:

Air Suspension
Luxury Package
Levinson/Nav
Lexus Link
Intuitive Parking Assist
Advanced Parking Guidance System
Preferred Accessory Package

Looks like I have 18" wheels...235/50/R18

On to the pics!

Old 08-24-10, 07:36 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Congrats and welcome !!
Old 08-25-10, 12:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

sweet ride, congrats on the car! those are some good options. i love the air suspension
Old 08-25-10, 11:23 AM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What do you get on the NAV update? I just took my car into the dealership to have my b-pillars replaced and I got a 2010 IS250 and the navigation was really nice. It even announces street names now.

Would we get that with the nav update thats coming out ? If so then I will definitely get it.
Old 08-25-10, 12:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by melymel96
What do you get on the NAV update? I just took my car into the dealership to have my b-pillars replaced and I got a 2010 IS250 and the navigation was really nice. It even announces street names now.

Would we get that with the nav update thats coming out ? If so then I will definitely get it.
2010 has the gen6 system (you have gen5). when you get update, it's very unlikely you will get anything like that. it's most likely just POI and map data update
Old 08-25-10, 01:36 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
2010 has the gen6 system (you have gen5). when you get update, it's very unlikely you will get anything like that. it's most likely just POI and map data update
blah...thanks Henry.

And I'm sure its out of the question to get a Gen6 system right?

Quick Reply: "New to me" 2007 LS 460L