LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

RIMS STOLEN!!! alarm system and wheel locks

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-10, 09:37 PM
z32
Intermediate

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

Hate when some low life crocks do such thing! I had similar experience almost 15years ago when my vehicle got stolen, rapped and left on the side of a street. Those crocks even filled up my poor car w/ trash! Insurance paid everything (had to fight for more since they said 'aftermarket' parts carry NO value) but still missed my car very much.

Sorry man..I know how you feel
Old 10-01-10, 11:01 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad they didn't hurt your car in the process.

I heard that wheel locks wont stop pro thieves. One of their tricks is that they weld a bigger lock over the installed one and they unscrew it very smoothly using tools prepared for this purpose. Primitive but very effective for them.

Another way is they cut the lock using oxy-fuel torch or something of this nature.

So five wheel locks on every wheel wouldn't have stopped them imo. I think the best way to secure your car is to always keep it inside a locked garage with a well thought out surveillance system around home along with an alarm system that is excellent at keeping the cockroaches a couple meters away.
Old 10-06-10, 06:34 PM
ste
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would u believe 2 weeks since some one stole my rims they came back to my condo lastnite and stole the wheels off a celebrity's car. i cant beleive crooks are that bold. they came with the same m/o they painted the camera above his car. his car was also left on bricks.
Old 10-06-10, 06:57 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ste
would u believe 2 weeks since some one stole my rims they came back to my condo lastnite and stole the wheels off a celebrity's car. i cant beleive crooks are that bold. they came with the same m/o they painted the camera above his car. his car was also left on bricks.
Im telling you, gotta get the Iphone or Android module hooked to your Viper or Compustar alarm system. You can be in another country as long as your phone works your alarm will call you!
Old 10-06-10, 07:04 PM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

Did you and your buddy purchase the rims from the same place? If so they got your address and knew where to come get them. I heard awhile back some one @ Butler tires were stealing customer wheels after installs.
Old 10-06-10, 07:21 PM
ste
Driver

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
Im telling you, gotta get the Iphone or Android module hooked to your Viper or Compustar alarm system. You can be in another country as long as your phone works your alarm will call you!
yeah thats what i have now the smart start with the viper 5902 alarm. i sleep with my phone right beside me now
Old 10-06-10, 07:25 PM
ste
Driver

Originally Posted by 2turbo4u
Did you and your buddy purchase the rims from the same place? If so they got your address and knew where to come get them. I heard awhile back some one @ Butler tires were stealing customer wheels after installs.
actually he did get his asantis from butler but i didnt get mines from butler. however 1 week before my wheels was stolen i did get a 4 wheel alignment there.
Old 10-06-10, 07:53 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you not see a connection? Do those wheels have serial numbers?
Old 10-07-10, 07:01 PM
m3nv
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that blows. I had my car broken in too 2 years back and it was a headache dealing with insurance. Hopefully you have a easier time...
Old 11-02-10, 04:11 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ste

Dude, where do you live? They got me too last week in Buckhead at my girl's spot. She lives in the Tuscany at Lindberg. They left my SC 430 on blocks (20" Asanti) and got the dude on the same parking deck. He had 22" on a Chevy Truck that he only had 2 weeks. Its gonna take 4 weeks for my 3-Piece Savini s to come in I was in a gated complex, in a parking deck 3 levels up, with security cameras and a police substation across the street. My locks and lugs were left on the ground like yours to add insult to injury.

Im getting a full loaded Viper. If they try again.. ill be ready
Old 11-02-10, 07:33 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

u can also look into motion activated cameras(w .009lux night vision)that u can tie into an in car dvr...(which can be hidden anywhere.. the dvr is smaller than a regular cd player)u can put up to 4 cams per dvr... the cameras can be hidden anywhere (inside or out) so they cant be painted if they dont know its there..
Old 11-02-10, 07:36 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

an do u guys have tilt sensors? bcuz they would have to lift the entire car at the same time & keep it totally level not to trigger the sensor.. tilt sensors are universal so they'll work w any alarm factory or aftermarket
Old 11-02-10, 07:47 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

lastly if u worry about the retailer u buy ur wheels from.. after u purchase the wheels goto a different shop have the tires dismounted engrave ur dl # or ss# or tag # on the inside of each wheel (tell no one) remount the tires, now if u see them on ebay,craigs list,etc u can notify the police an prove they are ur wheels.. one of my customers recovered his wheels an some other products from doin this...

understand NOTHING will stop a determined thief.... but if u prepare for the worst & make it as difficult as possible to get away with it.. hopefully they'll get caught.. its only a matter of time... but sooner is always better than later
Old 11-07-10, 05:08 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

dAMMM, and i thought things were off the chain over here in Zone 6 east side ATL..crooks here in ATL are simply off the chain. Goin as far as jackin wheels on a broke down car on I-20 near downtown too!! Saw a car with big chromes on it late at night, then next morning i came by and it was on blocks..ON THE INTERSTATE..wtf! These guys must be true professional thieves.

As much as i want some rims, some of my fellow ATL peeps are dealin with this madness and makes me just want to get the 19 OEMs and be done with it. One of these days though, these crooks are gonna mess with the wrong owner's car and be looking down the barrel of a .45 heater..you know its GA after all and guns are about as common as pitbulls around here. Sucks that you can't have anything nice without constantly worrying about this kind of bull*****, or where you buy your stuff because someone is watching and taking notes, or which parking garage you go to...

Last edited by CJITTY; 11-07-10 at 05:15 PM.