LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Baby got new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-10, 12:32 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Whats even more odd is both cars are the same color...
Old 09-28-10, 12:46 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

WTF!! This is wild!! I think folks are going to demand to see a scanned receipt immediately because of another recent post about similar wheels being stolen! Please post up a scanned receipt pic lol.

I also saw an ad on craigslist here in Atlanta that had Lexani in the keywords and were 22's staggered the other day. But the craigslist poster did not mention the rim type in the ad. in fact, here is the ad..
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/pts/1972641341.html

I thought I was on to something, but it looks like a slightly diff style wheel on craigs, but dang if I wasn't like "Ahhh hell to the naw" lol

Last edited by CJITTY; 09-28-10 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-28-10, 06:42 PM
ATLANTA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-10, 06:46 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm in GA also and in the market for wheels. Where did you get them from? How much? And are they new or used?
Old 09-29-10, 03:37 AM
madlad
Driver

The tires are Pirelli Nero Summer, 295/25ZR22 and 245/30ZR22XL. Total cost out-the-door was $3,571 including front end alignment, balancing, TPMS calibration, and calipher painting. About $1,000 cheaper than Vossen 082/083's. As to the theft issue, I'm not concerned as the car is garaged 95% of the time, but it could happen. Insurance covers theft and I did notify my insurer of the new puchase just to cover myself in case of a loss.
Old 09-29-10, 03:40 AM
madlad
Driver

I'm not the thief ,lol. Purchased from Butler Tires and have a receipt and dent in my wallet to prove it!
Old 09-29-10, 03:45 AM
madlad
Driver

Same size, different rims (not Lexani) than the ones on Craigslist.
Old 09-29-10, 04:33 AM
set4life10
Driver School Candidate

take a pic of the receipt and upload it to prove ur not the thief!!
Old 09-29-10, 06:23 AM
ste
Driver

Originally Posted by madlad
I'm not the thief ,lol. Purchased from Butler Tires and have a receipt and dent in my wallet to prove it!
Hey im not accusing you of theft but I just had those exact wheels with the same setup that you have stolen last Wednesday in Atlanta. Then a couple days later you post a picture with the same kind of wheels on your car. I hope it’s just a coincidence. Put yourself in my shoes. If wheels was stolen form you a then less then a week later the same kind of wheels appear on someone else car that lives in the same city as you. Mind you I have had my wheels since March 2010 and have not seen one person with the same size and setup as my wheels and same kind of Pirelli tires. So if you was me you would wonder also. dang are these my wheels but I guess I want to know as well as the other club Lexus members since you purchased the wheels from butler tire in Atlanta. would you be so kind to provide us with proof these wheels were in fact purchased from butler tire. or even a scanned receipt. hell I would even meet you and check out the rims. the last thing that have me scratching my head is that you said that you have lexani LS15 and lexani dont make a LS15 only LX-15. however they do make a LSS-5. but those are not the wheels you have on your car in the picture. I thought it was a typo until I read in another thread that you said LS15 again. im just asking for some clarity. im not accusing you of stealing. Like I stated I hope it’s just a coincidence.
Old 09-29-10, 06:27 AM
Rob Daddy
Lead Lap

I am curious as well, considering i live in the city
Old 09-29-10, 06:39 AM
EyeEss
Driver

So...I say you post the receipt to prove you purchased those wheels. Also I would look at the Butler Tire business and see if they are connected with the theft if the receipt is legit. Wheel combos like that are not coincidences.
Old 09-29-10, 07:09 AM
madlad
Driver

I feel your pain about your loss, but this is mere coincidence. To satisfy you and the other doubters/naysayers out there in Lexusland, I've scanned the receipt and blanked out my personal data. ( I don't wish to be the next victim). As you can see, this set was bought Monday. We just seem to have similar tastes. To further verify my purchase, call the dealer and ask for Carson Zinger at 770-941-7422. By the way, they are LX15's, not LS15's as I wrote in the original post. My mistake,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Butler Receipt.pdf (518.9 KB, 542 views)

Last edited by madlad; 09-29-10 at 07:15 AM. Reason: added comment.
Old 09-29-10, 07:33 AM
madlad
Driver

Furthering my response to the stolen rims/tires, I have only dealt with Butler Tires this one time. They apppear to be a reputable dealer with five(5) store locations in the greater Atlanta area. I doubt if they deal in stolen merchandise. I went there looking for Vossens. They didn't have them in stock and the distributor said they were on back order for two weeks. The Lexani was on display, and the guy took it out to my car to show how it would look mounted. The decision to go with the Lexani was appearance, price, and availability. I also wanted Michelin Pilots instead of the Pirelli's. It came down to price..the Michelin's were much more expensive. Added note: I just received an error message saying the download of the .pdf file of the receipt timed out. Let me know if you don't get it. Alternatively, call the Austell store to confirm the pirchase.
Old 09-29-10, 07:44 AM
frunty
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

The ugly turn earlier in the thread aside, the wheels look fantastic and really make me want to upgrade the 18" OEM 9-spokes on my LS. I'm just concerned about hurting ride quality since my wife is sensitive to that. We even went from 18" to 17" wheels on her IS for that reason.

One little thing - the receipt PDF you posted still has your personal information at the top if you adjust the contrast. With what seems like a professional theft gang running around, never good to have that out there. I blurred it out if you need an edited copy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ButlerReceiptEdited.pdf (1.90 MB, 236 views)
Old 09-29-10, 07:59 AM
madlad
Driver

Thanks Frunty. I covered the personal info with a plain piece of paper...thought that would do the trick. Guess it didn't. Bottom line: I'm not mad at anyone...stuff happens, as do coincidences. I really haven't noticed much difference in ride quality, but I haven't had the setup long enough to tell. I use the comfort setting in any event. Had the car at the dealers yesterday and got a lot of compliments.

Last edited by madlad; 09-29-10 at 08:08 AM. Reason: added comments

Quick Reply: Baby got new shoes