LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Baby got new shoes

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-10, 08:04 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by madlad
Tanks Frunty. I covered the personal info with a plain piece of paper...thought that would do the trick. Guess it didn't. Bottom line: I'm not mad at anyone...stuff happens as do coincidences.
Thx for being a class act about it!

Coincidences do happen, I was hoping to be wrong and I got my wish. BTW your 460 looks great!
Old 09-29-10, 08:14 AM
madlad
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Tee, I kinda like the way it looks myself.
Old 09-29-10, 08:18 AM
LexFather

Thanks madlad. Which Butler? We used to have a big meet at the one in Alpharetta.
Old 09-29-10, 08:22 AM
madlad
Driver

Austell, GA
Old 09-29-10, 09:58 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Furthering my response to the stolen rims/tires, I have only dealt with Butler Tires this one time. They apppear to be a reputable dealer with five(5) store locations in the greater Atlanta area. I doubt if they deal in stolen merchandise. I went there looking for Vossens. They didn't have them in stock and the distributor said they were on back order for two weeks. The Lexani was on display, and the guy took it out to my car to show how it would look mounted. The decision to go with the Lexani was appearance, price, and availability. I also wanted Michelin Pilots instead of the Pirelli's. It came down to price..the Michelin's were much more expensive. Added note: I just received an error message saying the download of the .pdf file of the receipt timed out. Let me know if you don't get it. Alternatively, call the Austell store to confirm the pirchase.
wow... crazy coincidence
by any chance was that rim that was on display have the tire already mounted on it???
Old 09-29-10, 10:36 AM
madlad
Driver

No, A tire was not mounted on the rim, it was on the display shelf. I watched the entire process, including them opening the boxes. The serial numbers of the tires and rims are on the invoice, so they can be compared against the theft victim's papers
Old 09-29-10, 10:48 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No, A tire was not mounted on the rim, it was on the display shelf. I watched the entire process, including them opening the boxes. The serial numbers of the tires and rims are on the invoice, so they can be compared against the theft victim's papers
good thing you got all that info
just a "wow...crazy coincidence" kinda thing though...
Old 09-29-10, 11:30 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice wheels on both cars (stolen and purchased). Anyway, I don't believe in coincidences at all. I'm not calling you a thief or a liar, because you have your receipt posted. For real, 'Cmon Son'!!! The same rimes (size and color), the same tires (size and brand), and the same car in the same state within the week?! Something is not right in Denmark Son!!

Professional thieves that have access to lock keys and have the means and equipment to get in, perform the job, and get out?! That means for these thieves, they've spent money to make money. They also have to have a venue to move these wheels quick as well. Smells fishy to me. I'll tell you this 'IF ANYONE' in ATL comes up with my wheels (the ONLY GS [Lexus period] with them. They will be speaking into the mic while they're putting them back on my car...and I'm not talking about a microphone either. All the best with your wheels, keep your alarms on 'high' sensitivity guys.
Old 09-29-10, 01:22 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

WOW! This is seriously a crazy coincidence. The odds of that are just wild to me and the date of the posts being so close together. It would be hard for me to believe that someone who just stole rims would be foolish enough to post pics of it, but then again some people do dumb ***** all the time.

With these being brand new wheels and new tires along with a receipt and a vouch from a Butler rep, looks like all that can be said now is congrats and the wheels look nice. I hope STE's insurance comes through so he can get some new wheels and fix whatever they broke.

Madlad, I do give you props for answering the questions and it sounds like you just walked into a Tyson punch without knowing what Ste was going through, but I think all of us were doin some Law and Order type ***** trying to help out Ste with this one. Unless Butler did you wrong somehow, your case seems legit to me based on this.

Now you need to make sure you keep your head on a swivel around here in ATL..they got STE, they can get you too. I've decided against nice 22s and settling for the 19" OEM upgrade to either the touring or hybrid wheel for mine..cant have nothin nice around here..FAIL
Old 09-29-10, 05:09 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

everything aside cant believe its same color cars,,,
anyways, car looks great and keep it movin,,,
Old 09-30-10, 06:09 AM
madlad
Driver

[...] They didn't make only one Lexus in that color and they certaintly didn't make just one set of the rims or tires, as evidenced by the fact that Ste got identical replacements within a week. What's the probability of two persons wearing the same Nike Jordans in the same city and one pair got stolen? Did the second person steal them from the first? Atlanta is no different than any other city...they have thieves. The probability of having tires stolen in an unsecured parking garage is much greater than one kept in a locked garage. I really hope this puts and end to all of you who still doubt my honesty and integrity and that of Butler Tires, given the evidence I provided. Enough is enough already...get a life!

Last edited by encore888; 10-01-10 at 11:57 AM. Reason: please comment on post content, not posters personally, thx
Old 10-01-10, 02:52 AM
madlad
Driver

As a final note to this thread, google Butler Tire and check out their website. My car's picture is posted in their gallery. This was done right after the install.
Old 10-01-10, 05:48 AM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

That wheel is actually very common I have the Asanti version in a Elt model that is very similar. As long as my man has a reciept he is simply being accomodating to this forum by explaining himself over and over again more so than I would have! Hey bro I wish someone would steal my $8000 Asantis ( A****ies) Im not impressed with their finishes and their customer service is garbage trust me! Consider your bad luck a blessing in disguise and go with a better wheel Vossen, Work, SSR, Iforged, D2forged, trafficstar, etc. You can get a better deal through a Club Lexus vendor! Just get your purchase insured. Viper, and compustar alarms make modules that can hook to your Iphone and certain Android phones also that will work anywhere you have cell service! I also got video surveillance, pager, pitbulls, and pistols lol!!! Jack me at your own risk!
Old 10-01-10, 07:02 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

[...] They didn't make only one Lexus in that color and they certaintly didn't make just one set of the rims or tires, as evidenced by the fact that Ste got identical replacements within a week. What's the probability of two persons wearing the same Nike Jordans in the same city and one pair got stolen? Did the second person steal them from the first? Atlanta is no different than any other city...they have thieves. The probability of having tires stolen in an unsecured parking garage is much greater than one kept in a locked garage. I really hope this puts and end to all of you who still doubt my honesty and integrity and that of Butler Tires, given the evidence I provided. Enough is enough already...get a life!
[...] Anyone that knows me knows I love to see a Lex done right, hence the comment 'nice wheels to both stolen and purchased cars'. If I were in your shoes or someone else’s (no pun intended) I would be a bit self-conscience too considering the situation but then again if I posted a receipt from the people I got the rims from, I wouldn't care. Maybe that's the NY in me...I don't think so. You make a good point about the Jordans except Jordans don't come with a wide variety of shoe laces to chose from when purchased, but I get your point. Since I don't believe in coincidences, what you want to say I'm hating; please. Even you have to see this is an EXTREME coincidence for those that believe in them.

Life is good thanks for the suggestion, which is why I just got back on the forum after a little more than a year or two. All the best with your wheels and if you see me don't hesitate to honk. I am the only Black Cherry GS430 with my wheels in ATL.

Last edited by encore888; 10-01-10 at 11:58 AM. Reason: quote edit, response