LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Everyone receive $500 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-10, 07:32 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Badboyz8
Yes, I know about using Toyota service department to do the service work. My first "full" service was complimentary with the purchase of the CPO. When I took it in for the hinge and VSR the service manager mention that it was time for a six months service. I asked him what would be the "damage" he told me in the area of $500+. So I'm just wondering what other owners would use their $500 debit card when they get it. Things are more complicated when the card has a name imprinted on it. Wonder would Toyota honor the card?

Happy and safe Holidays.
Other than Oil changes.. there isnt really much more to servicing your LS until 105k miles. I bought mine CPO also with 60k miles on it, and I had then swap out the brake fluid, I replaced the brake pads, have changed the oil now 3x and the cabin filter 2x. the oil and cabin filter are a snap and very inexpensive if your handy. The cabin filter can be purchased off Ebay for about 10.00 and it takes about 2 min tops to change it out in the glove box. My dealer quoted me 175.00 The oil change is under 30 min and with 0-20 Mobil1 Synthetic oil and a Toyota filter its about 65.00, the dealer charges 125.00

Air filters I bought for 40.00 for the pair, Lexus OEM branded and could change them in under 10 min taking off all the covers, dealer gets 225.00

Filters and Fluids if you look at the owners maintenance schedule and you could stay away from the dealer, even a handy independent mechanic would save you 100% over dealer service.

I am using my Gift Card to upgrade the Navi which will be 345.00 they will also toss in the tank of gas they forgot during the Valve Replacement update.
Old 12-21-10, 06:26 AM
Badboyz8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am using my Gift Card to upgrade the Navi which will be 345.00 they will also toss in the tank of gas they forgot during the Valve Replacement update.[/QUOTE]

My Navi will be three years old and I drive very little so probably will not use it to upgrade. Plus there are GPS on the market that has (1) text to speech (2) live traffic reports and (3) for a little bit more lifetime maps updates. All for less then $200. AND you could have a passenger in your car make changes and/or look for POI while the vehicle is in motion.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and your excellent suggestions.

Happy and Safe Holidays.
Old 12-27-10, 11:47 PM
LS2k
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Bought the extended warranty after the VSR was done and today got the $500 debit card. So it's in addition to the $1.5k coupon and extended power train warranty to 100K i received previously, so YMMV.

Will the Toyota dealer take the Lex debit card for either a Toy and Lex cars or both?
Old 12-28-10, 05:37 AM
ls460love
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my LS (CPO) completed a few weeks ago. I've yet to receive the GC but received a letter saying it was part of the deal...
Old 01-09-11, 01:01 PM
pibob
Rookie

I had the VS done Oct 4Th and bought the Platinum extended warranty 8 months before the VS.
I still have not heard from Lexus about my $500 card or the 1.5K and the extended engine warranty.
I called Lexus Financial and was told to call Lexus customer service. This was 2months ago, should I keep calling or just wait to see what happens. It takes forever to get customer service to call me back on anything.
How long has it taken to get the $500 card from Lexus for you?
Old 01-09-11, 02:25 PM
snoylekim
Rookie

..not yet ..work done in December and got the letter of intent ... might arrive a few days before it expires
Old 01-09-11, 05:00 PM
pibob
Rookie

Angry

Originally Posted by snoylekim
..not yet ..work done in December and got the letter of intent ... might arrive a few days before it expires
I did not even get the letter of intent yet.
I will call Lexus tomorrow, and not take no for an answer
Thanks
Old 01-10-11, 12:02 PM
pibob
Rookie

Update: I spoke to Lexus satisfaction and Lexus program office.
They say I will get the $500 card by the end of March 2011. They say the bank that is handling this for them is backlogged by 3 months and have to catch up.
I will wait until the end March and see what happens. I will update again when the card arrives, if it arrives.
Old 01-10-11, 12:08 PM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by pibob
Update: I spoke to Lexus satisfaction and Lexus program office.
They say I will get the $500 card by the end of March 2011. They say the bank that is handling this for them is backlogged by 3 months and have to catch up.
I will wait until the end March and see what happens. I will update again when the card arrives, if it arrives.
Mine came, you can check my earlier post. It did take at least a couple months for it to show up. I wouldn't worry, it will show up if you received a letter stating it's coming...
Old 01-10-11, 10:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I had the recall done on my GS350 two weeks before I got rid of it and have to go through it with my LS460. They should be sending me $1000. I haven't received a letter for the GS. I called Lexus corporate to tell them what an amazing job my service rep was doing. I happened to ask about the cards and the guy set me up to get a card for $500. Pretty cool but I think I should receive one for my GS350 to be honest.
Old 01-11-11, 10:57 AM
madlad
Driver

I bought a CPO LS460L in May and had the VSR done in December. I received the $1500 certificate, but not the $500 certificate. Not everyone get's one. Probably only those who purchased an extended warranty. I did get a letter this month stating that the powertrain warranty was extended to 100K miles, or until 02/13 which is odd, since the CPO is good until 05/13.
Old 01-11-11, 11:12 AM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought a CPO in dec of 09 and had the VSR done in dec 10, I got the letter with the 1500 coupon and a statement that i would also get the 500 gift card, my understanding is that CPO is considered an ext warranty.
Old 01-11-11, 11:20 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think its hilarious how the cpo cars have a longer warranty than the new cars. This is why I am going to continue to but slightly used luxury cars for now on.
Old 01-12-11, 09:31 AM
WhitBaby
Lead Lap

Took my '08 in in mid November, I also asked for the "B" piller replacement as it was quite worn. They didn't start on it for 3 days, got it back and seems to run as well as ever, mileage the same.

(During this time I had an RX350 loaner. We'd been thinking about getting rid of the LS in favor of the RX350, mainly because the ease of entering/exiting. After a week of driving...no way, should've had my head examined! The LS is 3-times the vehicle the RX is. Plus they only wanted to give me half of what I paid for the new LS only two years before!)

In mid-December I got the $1500 discounted, 1-year certificate.

Yesterday I got the 6-year, 100,000 mile extended warranty notice.

Haven't seen or heard anything about the $500.

Having the lower B-Piller TSIB done does make it easier to enter/exit the car.
The new one isn't as intrusive into the space you use to enter/exit.

Whit

I miss Ronnie, I miss George...hell, now I even miss Jimmy...
Old 01-12-11, 09:37 AM
jmcraney

Received 273 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by WhitBaby
I miss Ronnie, I miss George...hell, now I even miss Jimmy...
I think you are just missing youth!

Quick Reply: Everyone receive $500 yet?