LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H
View Poll Results: Did the wind noise TSIB fix your problem
made it worse to some degree
5.26%
made it better to some degree
47.37%
didn't do anything
36.84%
fixed the issue totally
10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Did the TSIB for the wind noise help or fix the issue for your car. Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-11, 10:33 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i got them used so i have to redo the tape on them...
my installation skills are lacking these days and i tried to install them on a dark, rainy evening... they're not really flush so i'm re-doing them this weekend...

i think someone is selling a brand new set in the for sale section...
Old 01-12-11, 10:37 AM
marky2mark
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
here's where the visor meets the triangle... since the triangle got smaller after i did the TSIB, the visor doesn't meet it:
Can I ask, which TSIB made the triangle smaller? Did they replace the triangle piece with a smaller piece?
Old 01-12-11, 10:54 AM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by marky2mark
Can I ask, which TSIB made the triangle smaller? Did they replace the triangle piece with a smaller piece?
you know, i'm not 100% sure they made it smaller...
i guess i'm kind of jumping the gun here but i took my LS in last year to get all the TSIB associated with the wind noise done at one time

then the other night i was installing these visors and i noticed that it doesn't reach... these visors came off a pre-production model LS460 which was made in 06... my car is an 07 so i'm assuming it should be the same...

i'm not 100% sure that the triangle changed in size but i'm assuming there's 2 diff sizes of these triangles because i know that Lexus would not make these visors this off...

i'm kind of confused now...
Old 01-12-11, 11:58 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

did the windnoise fix help your car a little bit???
Old 01-12-11, 12:13 PM
HyperMKIV
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
did the windnoise fix help your car a little bit???
yes... a little bit... enough to the point where my stereo and normal listening levels mask the noise... normal meaning maybe like normal conversation level at home... not in a mall or bar... LoL
Old 01-12-11, 12:31 PM
jmcraney

Received 276 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am surprised after reading100 pages of windnoise complaints and discussion that this poll doesn't have more responses.
Part of the reason, and maybe the major reason, that responses are limited is that your poll becomes lost after two or three responses and most observers don't realize they have an opportunity to vote.

Also, until recently this issue had become dormant. The reason for dormancy was that most people with the wind noise problem got some relief from their dealer, got some relief from the DIY fix or sold their car and moved on. If you had the major wind noise problem like many did it was not something that they got tired of thinking about and ignored.

I think that the new interest in this subject is because there is a new group of owners - purchasers of end-of-lease vehicles, CPOs and used cars - and they quickly realize that something is amiss.
Old 01-12-11, 08:00 PM
marky2mark
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am interested in getting the JMc fix but don't want to do it myself. Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area who has had success with this and would be willing to do it for a reasonable fee? Or know a body shop that would be willing to do it? thanks.
Old 01-12-11, 08:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmcraney
Part of the reason, and maybe the major reason, that responses are limited is that your poll becomes lost after two or three responses and most observers don't realize they have an opportunity to vote.

Also, until recently this issue had become dormant. The reason for dormancy was that most people with the wind noise problem got some relief from their dealer, got some relief from the DIY fix or sold their car and moved on. If you had the major wind noise problem like many did it was not something that they got tired of thinking about and ignored.

I think that the new interest in this subject is because there is a new group of owners - purchasers of end-of-lease vehicles, CPOs and used cars - and they quickly realize that something is amiss.
I think you are 100% right
Old 01-13-11, 02:47 PM
davedan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did the jim fix and it did help quite a bit -i still have the problem with the tap down the window switch due to some wind noise-it has been to the dealer 5-6 times for this -it know has been at the dealer for a week-had to order a part for the inside workings of the door-service mgr says this is the latest fix for this problem-once i get it back i will share results and part numbers-09 ls 460 awd
Old 01-13-11, 06:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

seems like a 50% chance to help and a 50% chanve to do nothing. Most members dont seem to be complaining about door rattles or panel fitment issues after the repair so I guess I will let them do the fix on my ride. My concern is that the door will jot go back together with the same integrity and accurate fitment as we would get from the factory in Tahara
Old 01-17-11, 11:07 AM
RogerN
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Wind Noise Fix

I had a bad wind noise in my 2007 LS460, particularly with gusting cross winds. The gust noise seemed to come from down in the corner by the mirror and it made you start looking for the open window. The doubled side glass did make the car quieter (deadened it) but it did not fix the gust noise, I recommend the change. I took it in again and gave them copies of the jcraney material to perform (many thanks to Jim); the dealer did not push back and they were very professional. When I picked it up they had also done the newer fix adding the more streamlined windshield surround. I can't say which of the last two fixed it but it has been dead quiet since.

Good dealer support throughout from Sewell.

Last edited by RogerN; 01-17-11 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-17-11, 07:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the reply. I was supposed to take it in today but my parts got delayed because of the MLK holiday . I am having the seat comfort tsib and the b pillars as well......oh yeah , and the auxilary output tsib also