LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

07 - Navigation start screen

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-11, 06:55 AM
Doubleg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 - Navigation start screen

Is there a fix to stop the first warning screen to pop up and one have to agree with on a 07? I tried to have the dealer do something about it when I had my valve recall done but he told me only the 08 and on.......
Old 01-09-11, 07:00 AM
vancouverl
Driver

yes upgrade your navi version to 8.1 or later .i have an o7 with 9.1
Old 01-09-11, 09:53 AM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

Is there a fix to stop the first warning screen to pop up and one have to agree with on a 07?

Yes, don't turn it on!

Yea, you have to upgrade. I also have an '07 and I think since I'm going to keep the car for a while, I'm going to have the upgrade done when I have the valve spring job done.
Old 01-09-11, 09:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yes, either you update the hdd data to later version

or you can get products like vaistech which can automatically disable it for you (and you get ipod integration as well )
Old 01-09-11, 10:51 AM
marky2mark
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Doubleg
Is there a fix to stop the first warning screen to pop up and one have to agree with on a 07? I tried to have the dealer do something about it when I had my valve recall done but he told me only the 08 and on.......
It's amazing to me that some of these Lexus service advisors don't know squat about the cars. Don't they get trained? It seems that those who spend a little time on this site know more than the SA's. Pretty sad.
Old 01-09-11, 12:28 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have found them to be hit and miss.

I currently only use JR at Crown in Ontario, Ca. JR was a certified mechanic for 5 years before he switched over to being a SA. It makes a huge difference in my experience. I have found the quality of the SAs to be more important than the various dealerships I have been to or what Lexus says is or isnt their policy. A great SA can really be an advocate for your service.
Old 01-09-11, 12:36 PM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by marky2mark
It's amazing to me that some of these Lexus service advisors don't know squat about the cars. Don't they get trained? It seems that those who spend a little time on this site know more than the SA's. Pretty sad.
I test drove a BMW 750Li just before Christmas. I was stunned at how little the salesman knew about the vehicle. I was more familiar than him and I didn't even study that much about the car. I had to tell him how many gears the automatic transmission had!

I know you expect more from an SA, but just to reiterate your point about the lack of knowledge in general.
Old 01-09-11, 03:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

lol, that's why a lot of times i just do the homework myself
Old 01-09-11, 07:48 PM
marky2mark
Driver

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
I test drove a BMW 750Li just before Christmas. I was stunned at how little the salesman knew about the vehicle. I was more familiar than him and I didn't even study that much about the car. I had to tell him how many gears the automatic transmission had!

I know you expect more from an SA, but just to reiterate your point about the lack of knowledge in general.
Believe it or not, when I bought my car (at an unnamed Lexus dealer in the San Diego area) the salesman didn't even know what an LS460 was. He came out and met me as I was parking my car and I said "I'm looking for the black LS460 that was on Autotrader." He says "oh is that the SUV?" He said he had only been there a week. I'm thinking he's been here a week and he still doesn't know what an LS460 is?

The funniest part is he takes me all around the parking lot looking for the car, and it turns out it's parked in the showroom about 5 feet from the guy's desk!! I couldn't believe it.
Old 01-12-11, 10:30 AM
baysurfer
Driver School Candidate

Wink

The funniest part is he takes me all around the parking lot looking for the car, and it turns out it's parked in the showroom about 5 feet from the guy's desk!! I couldn't believe it.
In every field, job or position there are good, bad and excellent performers. If you are lucky enough to get someone who is excellent they probably are on their way up so you won't have them long. You can hold on to someone who is good longer but most likely you are going to get the subpar performer because they hang around forever. However, this not etched in stone.
Old 01-12-11, 09:54 PM
Hawaii60
Driver School Candidate

You would think a car salesman would know his product, however in my experience they usually don't and that would be par for the course.
Old 01-13-11, 08:09 AM
jlawr
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I never care if a salesman knows his product. I care that the salesman will accept the lowest possible price I want to pay for the car.
If I want to know the tech specs, I ask a technician.
Old 01-13-11, 08:29 AM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once you have the car isn't the SA the important person to have trust in?
Old 01-13-11, 04:02 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

What version unlocks the nav & phone in motion controls. will it also allow dvd in motion? an do they cover the version gaps.. eg. will version 9.1 bridge the gap from 6.1(which i have in my 07 w ML) an how much does it cost?

are there any major drawbacks?
Old 01-13-11, 04:53 PM
marky2mark
Driver

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
What version unlocks the nav & phone in motion controls. will it also allow dvd in motion? an do they cover the version gaps.. eg. will version 9.1 bridge the gap from 6.1(which i have in my 07 w ML) an how much does it cost?

I don't believe there is any nav version that will unlock the nav & phone in motion. You need the aftermarket override module from Prestigious. I have it and it works great. Yes it also allows you to watch dvds in motion too.

Quick Reply: 07 - Navigation start screen