LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Damage to my LS =[

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-11, 12:19 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Damage to my LS =[

This lady come out of a parking lot like a Bull and hit my car! The officer ruled it was both of our faults. All the repair shops are closed and I was curious to how much this is going to cost me?

It looks like the fender is all plastic and they maybe able to pop it back out?

Old 01-22-11, 12:26 PM
nolimitguj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they will be able to pop it back out, however the creases left behind might be irreparable. call around your local junk yards and see if they have a bumper laying around, just to get an idea as to what it might cost.
Old 01-22-11, 12:43 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

I would love for them to POP it out deal with the creases later!
Old 01-22-11, 12:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I had the exact same thing happen to my G35. Exactly!!. I called my insurance but I believe the bumper was $900. For the LS I would imagine $1500-$1200. Just let your insurance repair it. They can't just pop it out. The only way to make it look like it did before this lady hit you would be to have the bumper cover replaced and resprayed
Old 01-22-11, 12:58 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Would you call the bumper plate?
Old 01-22-11, 11:55 PM
nolimitguj
Driver School Candidate

Bumper cover. And yes they sure can pop it out. Moreover, you can pop it out yourself, just take it off and grab a heat gun and put some finesse into it. That is if you're just trying to deal with the creases later. However, like I said earlier, the only way to set it back to before is to have it replaced and painted. Sorry for the luck sir.
Old 01-23-11, 07:40 AM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

The officer ruled it was both of our faults.

In Mass. if you hit someone from behind, its your fault. The theory is you have to maintain control of your vehicle. Unless she claims you were drunk, I don't know how a cop could have said you were at fault.
Old 01-23-11, 08:28 AM
MikeE12345
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cop isn't the one making the fault decision, at least in my area. This is decided here by legislated at fault rules that are applied by the insurance companies. These rules were intended to reduce the large number of nuisance court cases. I don't know what the laws are in NC but I would be stunned if the cop gets to determine at fault decisions.
Old 01-23-11, 10:46 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

this happened to my fiance's camry. I took off the bumper, heated up the area with a hair dryer, pushed it out from the inside and popped it out. you can't even tell it happened for the most part unless you know what to look for. the 20 minutes spent was free minus the electricity for the hair dryer. These urethane bumpers really do remember their shape. Hers did not have a very sharp crease and was almost the same size as yours
Old 01-23-11, 12:39 PM
JSTALEX
Pole Position

Pay your deductible and have your insurance company handle it. If your car has some age on it, they might have to paint more than your bumper. They have to fade it in depending on the rest of your paint on the car!!!

But like stated before, the cop doesn't make the final call on who's fault it was, the insurance company investigators do, based on state laws Ofcourse. You might nit have to pay nothing, plus get a free rental, and peace of mind knowing that you can choose your own repair facility!!!

Bad part: this will now show up on your Car Fax as being in an accident. Keep all the paperwork from your body shop to show what was damaged and repaired for future selling documentation. The dates will match and prove it was a minor fender bender. With out it, a buyer or dealership might think it was t-boned or worse! The Car Fax doesn't give detailed info on what was damaged, fixed or price! That kept me from buying cars in the past!!!! Lipstick does wonders!
Old 01-23-11, 12:51 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by JSTALEX
Pay your deductible and have your insurance company handle it. If your car has some age on it, they might have to paint more than your bumper. They have to fade it in depending on the rest of your paint on the car!!!

But like stated before, the cop doesn't make the final call on who's fault it was, the insurance company investigators do, based on state laws Ofcourse. You might nit have to pay nothing, plus get a free rental, and peace of mind knowing that you can choose your own repair facility!!!

Bad part: this will now show up on your Car Fax as being in an accident. Keep all the paperwork from your body shop to show what was damaged and repaired for future selling documentation. The dates will match and prove it was a minor fender bender. With out it, a buyer or dealership might think it was t-boned or worse! The Car Fax doesn't give detailed info on what was damaged, fixed or price! That kept me from buying cars in the past!!!! Lipstick does wonders!
Thats some good advice
Old 01-23-11, 02:19 PM
Nospinzone

Received 418 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeE12345
The cop isn't the one making the fault decision, at least in my area. This is decided here by legislated at fault rules that are applied by the insurance companies. These rules were intended to reduce the large number of nuisance court cases. I don't know what the laws are in NC but I would be stunned if the cop gets to determine at fault decisions.
The same is true here in Mass. However, the investigative report of the cop carries a lot of weight in deciding fault. And if the cop cites you at the scene, such as for speeding, or failing to keep to the right, or running a red light/stop sign, it's guaranteed they will find you at fault for the accident.
Old 01-24-11, 09:18 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Going to take it into a shop on Saturday. The guy says it will pop out nicely!
Old 02-10-11, 11:26 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I had the exact same thing happen to my G35. Exactly!!. I called my insurance but I believe the bumper was $900. For the LS I would imagine $1500-$1200. Just let your insurance repair it. They can't just pop it out. The only way to make it look like it did before this lady hit you would be to have the bumper cover replaced and resprayed
i was just thinking that ive seen this on G35's before (didnt happen to mine though) and that there could be potential frame damage from this little incident... be sure to check it out