LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Thanks for TSIB it really heped me.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-11, 03:40 PM
byroncat
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thanks for TSIB it really heped me.

I recently bought a 2007 460; because of this forum I was able to have the dealer fix some issues( including seat cusion and cover a $5200 repair) under warranty I wouldn't have known about without you guys. --Thanks keep up the good work.
Old 01-22-11, 07:29 PM
MeTrO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was the seat cushion and cover repair?? Does it apply to the 09's?
Old 01-22-11, 11:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

how did it go??? I am taking my car in on monday for the seat cushion , wind noise, aux filter tsib, and b pillar tsib. I am curious to see how the seat feels. Does the seat look ok or does the leather look different??
Old 01-23-11, 07:48 AM
bsl888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
how did it go??? I am taking my car in on monday for the seat cushion , wind noise, aux filter tsib, and b pillar tsib. I am curious to see how the seat feels. Does the seat look ok or does the leather look different??
I had the seat cushion done. The seat is now better padded, cushion is thicker and softer. The leather is rougher and, in my case, the leather is somewhat wrinkled. Color matched well to the existing leather. At first I was not pleased with the leather, but the comfort of the new cushion out weighs the leather condition. Besides, the seat bottom is cover by my butt anyways, and the rougher leather provides a slightly better grip / friction when cornering, lol.
Old 01-23-11, 09:15 AM
MeTrO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does this TSIB apply to the 09's?

Thanks.

Chad
Old 01-23-11, 07:57 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Do you feel the aded padding only in the base in the middle or on the sides as well????? I feel like the seat is not as padded as it should be for a 70k luxury cruiser. Even tonight I went to get some gas and as soon as I sit in the car and get settled I feel like the seat has issues. I think in the case of the seat I am willing to trade a little wrinkle in the leather and a bit of roughness. I am just hoping that when they do the wind noise tsib I don't have door rattles. I listen to my music loud and I don't want any issues especially with a system as competent as the ML system in the car
Old 01-23-11, 08:24 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Do you feel the aded padding only in the base in the middle or on the sides as well????? I feel like the seat is not as padded as it should be for a 70k luxury cruiser.
The added padding feels pretty much along the center section of the seat cushion, no difference in feel with the side bolsters. The seat in the LS has, in my opinion, a flaw due to the seat bottom extender. It just feels like there are plates or bars as part of the extender mechanism. I had to adjust the extender numerous times until I found a comfortable position.
Old 01-23-11, 10:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

My issue is the center and the side bolsters. I feel like the side bolsters are rounded on the top instead on flat so they create pressure points for me. I am a doctor so I sit on a hard doctors stool all day and I think that plus the seat gives me discomfort every day on the way home. I am hoping that if the center is more padded it will elevate the center of the seat and make the side bolsters less painful since they wont be as high relatively
Old 01-24-11, 08:44 PM
byroncat
Rookie

Not too sure about the '09 460
The TSIB # L-B-0071-09 I found the complete TSB on website ALLDATAdiy.com
Which helped me the service writter when he seemed to not know about this problem.
His memory quickly improved.
Old 01-24-11, 08:47 PM
byroncat
Rookie

The center does seem a little higher but you may wish to consult the service writter for his thoughts on issue.
Old 01-24-11, 09:01 PM
byroncat
Rookie

I would say it was primarily the center of seat cushion but the sides seem a little thicker too.
Old 01-24-11, 09:08 PM
byroncat
Rookie

I would agree with you. The cover is not as smooth as OEM but the tradeoff is worth it especially if the the cover looks good longer.
Old 01-24-11, 09:14 PM
byroncat
Rookie

Not sure about the '09 the tsb # is L-SB-0071-09. You may wish to consult ALLDATAdiy.com which sells a service listing TSB s for all cars.
Old 01-24-11, 09:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

my car is the in the shop right now for the wind noise tsib, b pillars, and the seat comfort tsib. I hope all goes well. I am willing to compromise on the smoothness of the leather if the seat is more comfortable.
Old 01-26-11, 03:43 PM
byroncat
Rookie

No Doctor, this change may not help that much.
The seat is more comfortable but is not as smooth as the original so it may not solve your issue; even it is covered on the '09.
I would might ask the service writer.
Tom

Quick Reply: Thanks for TSIB it really heped me.