LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

DroidX - Phonebook will not copy to '09 LS 460 HHD

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-11 | 04:29 PM
highroler
Driver School Candidate

Smile DroidX - Phonebook will not copy to '09 LS 460 HHD

Recently switched from Blackberry to a Motorola DroidX. Bluetooth connection is simple, but the phonebook will not copy down to the system. Indications are that the transfer is taking place, but then a "transfer failed" message comes up and no contacts have been moved across. Anyone else experiencing anything like this? Suggestions on work around?

Thanks in advance

Mike in ATL

Old 02-12-11 | 04:44 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

When I bought my LS and the Iphone 4 came out, I struggled with the BT interface, I found http://www.syncwireless.org/ and was able to just upload my contacts into a tab delimited format for my dealers service guy to just sync with my LS. He used an older cell to take my contacts and sync them into my vehicle. Not elegant for syncing going forward, but may help if you just need to get an initial dump into the car so you can start to use it.
Old 02-14-11 | 04:15 PM
marky2mark
Driver

Originally Posted by highroler
Recently switched from Blackberry to a Motorola DroidX. Bluetooth connection is simple, but the phonebook will not copy down to the system. Indications are that the transfer is taking place, but then a "transfer failed" message comes up and no contacts have been moved across. Anyone else experiencing anything like this? Suggestions on work around?

Thanks in advance

Mike in ATL

I had the same issue with my Droid Incredible. You need to download a free program called "Bluetooth File Transfer" from the android market and install it on your phone. Once the Lexus phone is ready to receive the contacts, open up the program on the phone and go to the menu and choose "send contacts" I think it is. It will bring up all your contacts and you have to check which ones you want to transfer.
Old 02-18-11 | 09:16 PM
Needone
Driver School Candidate

Smile Droidx contacts transfer to 2010 LS460

Highroler, Try this with your Droidx. I had the very same problem and posted on the other Lexus forum and never got any help. Finally figured it out.

I was getting a quick message of some kind on the very top line of my Droid when I initiated the transfer from the Lexus screen. The system looked as though it was working and then gave the failure notice.

This works on mine:
1. Get the phone managment screen into the condition where you would select the transfer of contacts. Leave it up but don't initiate the transfer yet.
2. Go to your Droid and drag the narrow top line down the page. This will give you a half dozen or so fields of different kinds but not the one you are going to use. The one you'll want comes up in the next step.
3. Initiate the transfer from the Lexus screen while watching your Droid with the dragged down screen. A new selection will appear almost immediately relating to your giving permission for the transfer to take place.
4. Touch and briefly hold that new field essentially giving permission for the transfer to take place. Eureka, the contacts are transferred almost instantly.

The problem I had was that they don't give you a lot of time to make the moves and you don't really get enough time to absorb all of the directions before something times out. You may have to do it a few times but I'm quite confident that you'll be able to do it if your '09 is like my '10.

I will say however, figuring out the transfer was a hell of a lot easier than getting registered on this site.
Old 02-19-11 | 04:50 PM
marky2mark
Driver

Believe me...just install "Bluetooth File Transfer" from the market on your phone. When the car is ready to receive the transfer, open the program on your phone, hit menu-->more-->send contacts. It will bring up a list of all your contacts. You check the ones you want to transfer. Easy as pie. If I remember there might be a way to select all, can't remember. I didn't want to transfer all the contacts, only selected ones. The transfer took like 5 seconds.
Old 02-20-11 | 04:21 AM
highroler
Driver School Candidate

Thanks gents...cant wait to give it a try!!!
Old 02-20-11 | 12:31 PM
MartinM
Driver School Candidate

Just installed the bluetooth file transfer on my Htc EVO and it transferred my contacts without any problem.