LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Tire Panel on dash~ whats the order of tires? LS460L '07

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 11:28 AM
Glamismom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Panel on dash~ whats the order of tires? LS460L '07

I loved these wheels at the dealer on a silver 07' LS460L. Had them switch them to a white LS460l & it was a deal. Little did I check out that the valve stems are inside the wheel!!! Frustrating!! My low tire light seems to always come on! Car is low and getting under it to check the tires is bothersome- tired of visiting tire places to get air.. anyway..what is the order of tires on the tire panel on dash? 1st one spare? next left rear? anyone~ ?
Appreciate it.
Cat~

'07 LS460L
'07 S/U custom sand rail
'01 Ford Excursion
'98 Honda CR125
'77? Honda atc 70
'08 Hallett 255
Old 02-16-11, 12:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

welcome to clublexus. there is no order, unfortunately, you just have to find out the hard way. coz' every time you rotate the tires, the order is different.
Old 02-16-11, 12:03 PM
beun
Rookie

The order unfortunately is random. Edit: Damn, rominl beat me to it while writing.
Old 02-16-11, 01:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I set my tires up recently and the pressure are front right, front left, rear right , and rear left. I think the spare says spare tire on the screen. If I am not mistaken that is the first on the list. That should help a little
Old 02-16-11, 01:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I set my tires up recently and the pressure are front right, front left, rear right , and rear left. I think the spare says spare tire on the screen. If I am not mistaken that is the first on the list. That should help a little
actually no, spare doesn't say any different, it's just 5 numbers one after another. and for example if you do a tire rotation, the order on the screen will not change at all (painful)
Old 02-16-11, 01:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I guess what makes me know that the spare is listed and where it is is the fact that the spare says 38 psi all of the others are at 46 psi
Old 02-16-11, 01:45 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

my spare is always listed first...it has 42 lbs in it, I guess Discount did that to make sure it takes longer to just go down than tires that are on the road..i dunno
Old 02-16-11, 02:13 PM
Glamismom
Driver School Candidate

Thanks ya'll, Im gonna check the spare first. The top one always seems to say low with the yellow ! But I have fatty tires on back and narrower tires on front..non directional tires. Can't rotate em too well. I just seem to get a low tire pressure warning every month. Maybe I bent a wheel? Thanks for educating me on the tire panel and it being random.
Old 02-16-11, 05:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by CJITTY
my spare is always listed first...it has 42 lbs in it, I guess Discount did that to make sure it takes longer to just go down than tires that are on the road..i dunno
it's always first coz' it's never out of your trunk. we had a member who rotated the spare tire as well during tire rotation and everything changes. but yes, to avoid the spare losing air and triggering the light, a lot of times dealerships (or shops) put in higher psi in the spare
Old 02-17-11, 02:50 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

This question was asked before but I forgot the answer: How come GM can put a tire pressure monitor on their Suburban/Yukon (and other models, I assume) showing the position and pressure of the tire, yet Lexus can't. This is perhaps my only "annoyance" with the LS460.
Old 02-17-11, 03:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I have to admit when I had my GS 350 I was a little surprised that my wifes Acura TL had the system but the 50k GS had nothing
Old 02-17-11, 03:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by daryll40
This question was asked before but I forgot the answer: How come GM can put a tire pressure monitor on their Suburban/Yukon (and other models, I assume) showing the position and pressure of the tire, yet Lexus can't. This is perhaps my only "annoyance" with the LS460.
there is a different between can/can't and do/don't. the technology is nothing new anymore, i am totally puzzled why lexus didn't do it on ls460. the numbers are nice, but honestly not that super useful. i rather have the system tell me which wheel to check directly
Old 02-17-11, 03:36 PM
jmcraney

Received 273 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
Yeah, those GM guys know what they are doing. They just pretend that the tire positions are known and most people go for it. Here is a quote from one of their forums: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum...ead.php?t=1037

Here is what the link says:

TPMS Problem
Hey guys,

What happened to tahoeforum.com?

Anyways, I have 07 Chevy Tahoe with TPMS problem. I just realized yesterday that my TPMS indicated that the right front tire pressure was low. I went to a gas station and put some air in it. When I check the pressure again on my DIC, I noticed that the pressure for the left front increased. I went ahead and put air on the left front and it showed that the right front pressure increased. I tested with the rear thinking that I maybe wrong about the orientation, but it proved otherwise. Rear is reading it correctly.

I thought the TPMS for the front left is for the driver's side front and the front left is for the passenger side front. I tried re-learning the tire position following the instruction in the manual where you start re-learning the tire position from front driver, front passenger, rear passenger, then rear driver. When I did this error message came on. I went ahead and started with my front passenger, front driver, rear passenger, then rear driver. Now it's back where I started.

Why is it reading it incorrectly? Does anyone have issue with this? Dealers have become stingy on warranty work these days. I just to be prepared before I take my truck to a dealership.

Thanks in advance.
End Quote
Old 02-19-11, 02:53 AM
lockedlex
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Strangely, it's probably for service simplicity. I recently over inflated one tire to see which was affected on the TPMS, then went all around and made a note of which tire was which.

On my 04 E500, it did show tire position, but as I recall, everytime the tires are rotated you had to go through an initialization process, and if you didn't it would read wrong and you never knew it. I suppose it's Lexus trying to stick to the KISS principle. I do like that you get the PSI though.
Old 02-19-11, 04:24 AM
jmcraney

Received 273 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by lockedlex
Strangely, it's probably for service simplicity. I recently over inflated one tire to see which was affected on the TPMS, then went all around and made a note of which tire was which.

On my 04 E500, it did show tire position, but as I recall, everytime the tires are rotated you had to go through an initialization process, and if you didn't it would read wrong and you never knew it. I suppose it's Lexus trying to stick to the KISS principle. I do like that you get the PSI though.
I think you are one of the minority who understands that Lexus implemented the TPMS Mandate as a Safety System and not a Utility System.

Quick Reply: Tire Panel on dash~ whats the order of tires? LS460L '07