LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

CPO not covering broken parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-11, 05:38 AM
Flapjack1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO not covering broken parts

I recently bought an 08 460L and have put around 200 miles on it since signing paperwork. I brought it in because it felt like there was a front-end/braking issue. Front control arm was broken but they said this was a "pre-existing" condition and CPO would not cover it. However, the dealer is going to cover this out of "goodwill". My question is why did the 161 point CPO inspection not catch this (along with a few other issues I have it in there for). I feel as if the CPO pre-purchase inspection is a load of crap. My front rotors are also warped as there is front wheel vibration at high speed braking (never got a chance to do this on test drive). Again....not covered.
Any thought/suggestions would be helpful.

Also- I asked the dealer to program the car to make the hold button for the brakes work without my seatbelt on (my 750 worked like this). I still have not got a response from them. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I drive around with my seatbelt off but there are some circumstances in driveways, etc that this is annoying. I got them to turn the seatbelt chime off before I bought it so why not this...
-Frustrated first time Lexus buyer
Old 03-02-11, 06:01 AM
JamesHuang
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've found escalating matters to Lexus Corporate (http://www.lexus.com/contact/) resulted in a much quicker turnaround on my issues getting resolved.

Good luck no matter what avenue you pursue and keep us posted please.

Cheers,
James
Old 03-02-11, 06:05 AM
Flapjack1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JamesHuang
I've found escalating matters to Lexus Corporate (http://www.lexus.com/contact/) resulted in a much quicker turnaround on my issues getting resolved.

Good luck no matter what avenue you pursue and keep us posted please.

Cheers,
James
will do, appreciate the link
Old 03-02-11, 07:58 AM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have found the relentless pursuit of perfection ownership experience to be a good one at the Lexus Corp level , but completely hit and miss at the dealer level. I am fortunate now to have an excellent dealer in my area (Crown) but I know others that struggle with theirs, this is often remedied by finding another dealer, if you have that option within a reasonable distance. I have experienced the "its not covered" but we will take care of it under goodwill dialog, its annoying, but as long as they get it done on their dime, I don't really care if it was covered or not. Good luck with this, I have found that Lexus Corp wants to keep you a happy customer and in their vehicles. My service adviser really goes out of his way to make sure that my service experience is also a good one. Honestly that is exactly what I expected when I bought into the experience of driving a Lexus.
Old 03-02-11, 10:57 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cmasten
I have found the relentless pursuit of perfection ownership experience to be a good one at the Lexus Corp level , but completely hit and miss at the dealer level. I am fortunate now to have an excellent dealer in my area (Crown) but I know others that struggle with theirs, this is often remedied by finding another dealer, if you have that option within a reasonable distance. I have experienced the "its not covered" but we will take care of it under goodwill dialog, its annoying, but as long as they get it done on their dime, I don't really care if it was covered or not. Good luck with this, I have found that Lexus Corp wants to keep you a happy customer and in their vehicles. My service adviser really goes out of his way to make sure that my service experience is also a good one. Honestly that is exactly what I expected when I bought into the experience of driving a Lexus.
i had a pretty horrible experience at crown. time for a different service advisor?
Old 03-02-11, 01:02 PM
Flapjack1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cheez80
i had a pretty horrible experience at crown. time for a different service advisor?
I actually got a pleasant call from SA today and they told me they are covering everything since I just bought the car. All 4 upper control arms needed replaced ($2,600 repair), and a bunch of other stuff. I am a happy camper again.
Old 03-02-11, 01:56 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cheez80
I would ask for J.R. (pronounced J R, not jr). He was a mechanic for 5 years in the bays before he moved over into SA, he is highly thought of at the dealership and is very good at getting action to keep his clients happy. Let him know that C Masten referred you, I know a lot of owners that go to him and all of them are happy with the experience.

I guess this also points out that even at a dealership the SA is really where the buck stops for end user experience.
Old 03-02-11, 02:43 PM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

.....they said this was a "pre-existing" condition and CPO would not cover it.

Good grief, who do they think they are, an HMO?!

Glad you got it covered.
Old 03-02-11, 03:58 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flapjack1
I actually got a pleasant call from SA today and they told me they are covering everything since I just bought the car. All 4 upper control arms needed replaced ($2,600 repair), and a bunch of other stuff. I am a happy camper again.
good job! i'm happy to hear they're making things right.

Originally Posted by cmasten
I would ask for J.R. (pronounced J R, not jr). He was a mechanic for 5 years in the bays before he moved over into SA, he is highly thought of at the dealership and is very good at getting action to keep his clients happy. Let him know that C Masten referred you, I know a lot of owners that go to him and all of them are happy with the experience.

I guess this also points out that even at a dealership the SA is really where the buck stops for end user experience.
i've gotten a recommendation for hugo solis there too. thanks for the tip
Old 03-02-11, 05:55 PM
VA380
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Cmasten" ... i couldn't agree with you more. My local dealership is pretty pathetic, I could type a novel about the mishaps this past year.

* I recently got my 460L back, and it HAD A CHIP IN THE WINDSHIELD!!!! I'm beyond frustrated with them.

I go straight to Lexus Corporate now.
Old 03-03-11, 09:34 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

no matter what type of dealership they will always be a stealership
Old 03-04-11, 04:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I usually find that if there was an error in resolving an issue that the dealerships are pretty good at resolving the issue.