LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

in the market for a 460L....... what to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-11, 10:26 AM
ADAM P
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in the market for a 460L....... what to look for?

Currently in the market for an 07-09 460L. Id prefer the executive seating but its not a must have. I would however have to have the ML, air sus, and nav... Through the ones Ive looked at online it seems that a lot of the sellers arent 100% on the options. If the air suspension is not listed, how can I tell if its there? How popular was the executive pkg? I rarely see one pop up. White is a must and black interior is preferred but not necessary if anyone knows of any for sale..

Immediate mods will include:
22" Asanti cx504
trunk & roof spoiler
PS nav & air units

Thanks guys!
Old 03-07-11, 05:46 AM
Flapjack1
Driver School Candidate

White/black with exec pckg will be a tough find, at least at a reasonable price and in good condition. There are plenty of 460Ls with the comfort "luxury" seating package where both rear seats recline, heated/cooled and there is media and A/C controls. I suspect you will either be in a holding pattern until one pops up or look nationwide.

I would recommend getting the service records before making a deal, see how many body panels have been repainted (a Lexus dealer will have to disclose it) and check very closely to scratches/imperfections in the body. The motors are solid and get a CPO. Just my opinion of course
Old 03-07-11, 07:44 AM
ADAM P
Lead Lap

that would definitely be my back up choice and id be ok with that in either color. nationwide is fine with me. i used to love flying all over the country and bringing supras back home.. thanks for the input
Old 03-08-11, 04:56 PM
wrc7732
Driver School Candidate

I just bought an '07 LS460L with 29000 miles and the luxury rear seat package. Most people thought that it would automatically come with the side sunshades in the rear and the air suspension, but they apparently do not always. Mine has neither of these options, ut the dealer vin code sheet lists it as a "luxury rear seat package" car.

Mine's in the shop right now for a new glove box, new drivers side seat cushion, new lower b pillar covers, and potentially new front side windows. All TSiB's that were not taken care of by the previous owner.

The dealer is taking care of these things and not giving me any trouble so far. The car is a wonderful drive. I do find the suspension a little rough, so if you can find one with the air suspension I imagine that it would be amore pleasant ride. I also, wish I had the side rear sunshades.

All in all, none of the things they're fixing now are huge deals, just nice to be having them taken care of while still under warranty.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good idea of what you want, you just may have to be ready to travel to find it. There's plenty of them out there so I wouldn't sacrifice to much on what you want, unless you have to have something local to you.

Good luck and let us all know what you end up with.
Old 03-08-11, 05:30 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flapjack1
I would recommend getting the service records before making a deal, see how many body panels have been repainted (a Lexus dealer will have to disclose it) and check very closely to scratches/imperfections in the body.
my dealer didn't tell me anything before i bought the car. turns out both front and rear bumpers had been repainted and i'm hoping that's all the paint work that's been done on the car. i'm going to borrow a friend's paint meter this weekend haha