LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Custom LSL

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-11, 06:39 PM
elsmooth
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the car looks good and if that is what his preference is so be it. Honestly it's no different that other cars that have been posted with body kits and wheels. And the LS overseas has the combination interior which some people like. To each his own.
Old 03-08-11, 12:15 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you must be quite good on generalization. quite a few people who replied in this thread including me modify our cars, some pretty extensively. i don't think any of us would say stock LS is anything "exciting". but at the same time, imho, that doesn't mean throwing anything randomly at the car and it will look good. special / different / unique, yes, good that's all subjective. to me i don't think the mods come together nicely and doesn't compliment the car at all. is it different? sure it is. that's my 2 cents
I would call it more of taking a sample of the usual responses. I like everyone opinions, heck, this isn't even my car and of course everyone won't like it. But as far as the exterior goes, I don't see too many mods. It has a complete WALD kit, and the last time I checked, WALD makes some dayum good kits. Just as good as factory parts, I should know, I have one myself. Outside of that, all I see for exterior mods are the grill and the tail lights, so I ask, what's not clean about the kit? Now that being said, I don't particularly like the interior, but I'm sure it was done well and yes, a lot of LSs in Japan have different interior options of which I don't see where they were trying to be the the IS F. It's Lexus, there are going similarities between all the lines of cars, so who cares. Now the difference is, I don't just tear down the car like most do, overall it's not a bad looking car. At the end of the day, post what you like. But it's amazing how people will have quick negative comments on something modded but get crazy excited about posts of factory LSs. I'm just saying.

P.S. I have nothing against anyone here, especially since I know none of you, but I new my comments would be poking the "bees nest". Just wanted to see how many bees would sting.
Old 03-08-11, 02:54 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OSU
I would call it more of taking a sample of the usual responses. I like everyone opinions, heck, this isn't even my car and of course everyone won't like it. But as far as the exterior goes, I don't see too many mods. It has a complete WALD kit, and the last time I checked, WALD makes some dayum good kits. Just as good as factory parts, I should know, I have one myself. Outside of that, all I see for exterior mods are the grill and the tail lights, so I ask, what's not clean about the kit? Now that being said, I don't particularly like the interior, but I'm sure it was done well and yes, a lot of LSs in Japan have different interior options of which I don't see where they were trying to be the the IS F. It's Lexus, there are going similarities between all the lines of cars, so who cares. Now the difference is, I don't just tear down the car like most do, overall it's not a bad looking car. At the end of the day, post what you like. But it's amazing how people will have quick negative comments on something modded but get crazy excited about posts of factory LSs. I'm just saying.

P.S. I have nothing against anyone here, especially since I know none of you, but I new my comments would be poking the "bees nest". Just wanted to see how many bees would sting.
i have no issues with the kit or the interior -- it's the wheel fitment, selection, and ride height that bother me. some more care is needed there haha
Old 03-08-11, 03:43 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Ah, regarding stock LS.

Hopefully, you didn't miss this small thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...on-thread.html

Originally Posted by OSU

I went back again and I didn't see anything "negative". Some said they didn't like it, some said it's over done

Obviously, this type of LS is perfect for a show car
I don't mind the kit or the interior.

The only thing that bothers me is that grill, something you see on a domestics like the 300c, magnums.......
It just looks out of place on the luxury cars. I've seen them on the S class and it's also a mess.
Old 03-08-11, 06:24 PM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

More better pics of the rear and inside. TIA. Nice car!
Old 03-08-11, 09:38 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The only thing nice about this car is the fender...just my 2 cents.
Old 03-08-11, 10:45 PM
mygthang
Driver School Candidate

i think the majority of the ppl on this fourm like the base wald kit and vossen wheels...anything other than that gets "ehhh"...i like it minus the fenders...
Old 03-09-11, 03:42 AM
o2 jockey
Driver School Candidate

a better stance would do this car wonders.
Old 03-09-11, 12:07 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by o2 jockey
a better stance would do this car wonders.
YES thank you haha
Old 03-09-11, 03:03 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I dont really like the wheels or the grille, and the interior would be neat with gray suede instead of red or maybe black suede insert with a white diamond stitch!
Old 03-10-11, 11:23 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

a whole lot goin on there..as a unique show car, sure, but not really feelin that too much. Don't like the grill or wheels, kit looks good tho