LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How does your LS make you feel when you are driving ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-11, 07:04 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Personally, I think Lexus is the best car brand and the LS the best car in the world when u add everything. What u get for the price is simply amazing.
Old 03-15-11, 09:34 PM
o2 jockey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having had my 07 LS for less than 2 weeks its kind of hard to say. i still cant believe i own one. never in my life did i think id own such a posh car. ive been always more into sportier vehicles. but i must say people that can afford such things are so damn lucky. so many things that make your drive a lot easier and comfortable. the car just makes you drive with you chin up a little higher and with a small grin.
Old 03-16-11, 08:00 AM
Flapjack1
Driver School Candidate

old, very old and I am not even in my 40! I still like it though
Old 03-16-11, 10:13 AM
mrphelps01
Driver School Candidate

Old. Add I'm 53 and bought the 460 sport!
Old 03-16-11, 10:28 AM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, I am a dummy in many respects but why would you acquire an automobile that makes you feel old? I am already a senior citizen and let me tell you that it did not seem as if it took very long to reach this status.(Time flies) I however, would not have purchased a vehicle to help me along. For what it is worth, my LS actually makes me feel not so old.
Old 03-16-11, 10:54 AM
Flapjack1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Silverpaws
Yes, I am a dummy in many respects but why would you acquire an automobile that makes you feel old? I am already a senior citizen and let me tell you that it did not seem as if it took very long to reach this status.(Time flies) I however, would not have purchased a vehicle to help me along. For what it is worth, my LS actually makes me feel not so old.
I bought it because I have a 90 minute commute each way in Dallas traffic and since I am concerned with feeling "comfortable" while sitting in the car 3 hours a day I correlate that to being old.....no offense by any means....sir

With two kids, wife, two dogs, etc it is kind of nice to have some true quiet time in the car by myself! Although quiet time usually consists of me playing my music loud with the sunroof open rather than listening to radio Disney and getting crumbs all over the backseat.
Old 03-16-11, 12:17 PM
mrphelps01
Driver School Candidate

No offense meant either. I bought the car because of back issues. It was the only premium vehicle I could sit in comfortably, south of $80k. (It's funny. Some people have complained about the seats. It just shows how everyone, including their backs, is different.) That said, the LS does some things exceptionally well, and...I should shut up and be grateful!
Old 03-16-11, 12:19 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's very easy to make the car younger. Add some 22's, a kit, roof spoiler and subwoofer...that will do it.
Even the GS seems like a car more mature people would drive. Modded the way we do it around here changes the entire flavor of the car. I get attention from mostly young people. Older people turn up their nose at my car. That's when I knew I did it right.
I passed by Al in his LS the other day. He doesn't look old in the car and the car certainly didn't look old. The car dominated the entire area. That's not old.
Old 03-16-11, 12:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
It's very easy to make the car younger. Add some 22's, a kit, roof spoiler and subwoofer...that will do it.
Even the GS seems like a car more mature people would drive. Modded the way we do it around here changes the entire flavor of the car. I get attention from mostly young people. Older people turn up their nose at my car. That's when I knew I did it right.
I passed by Al in his LS the other day. He doesn't look old in the car and the car certainly didn't look old. The car dominated the entire area. That's not old.
no, no matter what you do, it won't change the ride that much. i did all that to my car, it looks good, but drive wise it's still too disconnected for me (not a bad thing by all means!)
Old 03-16-11, 02:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
feel like I am blessed to have such a wonderful car..the feeling that hard work does pay off every once in a while. Plus i like the look old crusty people give me when I get out of my LS and they are next to me in a ES with yellow film crusted headlights wondering how I can afford a car like this..lol j/k
I feel the same way. I work in a large retirement community and I get looks from the seniors at the gas station all of the time. The give you this " what the hell is he doing driving that car " look. The people who really look are the other Lexus drivers who know damn well that the LS is the top on the Lexus ladder

My Ls makes me feel like a million bucks. when I drive it I feel like I am driving something special . It also makes me feel that all of the hard work and schooling payed off. I have always been a Japanese car fan and this is the top model for all of the Japanese car companies and I am proud to be be driving it. I have reached the peak. I love the S class and 7 series and have driven them and like them BUT I wouldnt pull the trigger because of reliability issues. I love my Lexus LS460.
Old 03-16-11, 02:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I feel the same way. I work in a large retirement community and I get looks from the seniors at the gas station all of the time. The give you this " what the hell is he doing driving that car " look. The people who really look are the other Lexus drivers who know damn well that the LS is the top on the Lexus ladder

My Ls makes me feel like a million bucks. when I drive it I feel like I am driving something special . It also makes me feel that all of the hard work and schooling payed off. I have always been a Japanese car fan and this is the top model for all of the Japanese car companies and I am proud to be be driving it. I have reached the peak. I love the S class and 7 series and have driven them and like them BUT I wouldnt pull the trigger because of reliability issues. I love my Lexus LS460.
you can still move up tammer, the lwb or the 600hl j/k
Old 03-16-11, 02:44 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah, and in addition to enjoying my LS, I get to spend time on this forum shooting the breeze with all of you "young guys". Life is good!

Last edited by Silverpaws; 03-16-11 at 02:47 PM. Reason: correction
Old 03-16-11, 06:36 PM
bruceko
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bored and disappointed.
I enjoyed my 2000 gs much more and less problems
Old 03-16-11, 07:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you can still move up tammer, the lwb or the 600hl j/k
When your right your right. So I will call it the neighborhood at the peak. LOL
Old 03-16-11, 10:11 PM
OBRon
Rookie

It just makes me feel great. Everything about my new LS is aesthetically pleasing from the air-conditioned semi-aniline seats to the alcantara headliner. I love the feel of the matte wood on the steering wheel that comes with the alabaster interior.

My wife is the type of person who has no interest in cars. She never thought she would but she loves our new 460L. She loves the smooth, quiet ride and how it makes her feel.

We're going for our first trip in the new car today to the beach to see the full Moon rise over the ocean on Saturday night.

Quick Reply: How does your LS make you feel when you are driving ??