LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-11, 02:45 PM
frotiss
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warranty

Guys my warranty is expireing April 14th and I am not extending it because I don't drive my car much it's a 07 with 26,000 miles, is there anything I should have them done before warranty expires thanks, the dealer change my brake and since they it making lots of dust is anyone else have that problem
Old 03-30-11, 07:31 AM
Craig B
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I don't have any problem with brake dust on mine. I did with all of my BMW's, not with Lexus...
Old 03-30-11, 08:04 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 286 Posts

Lexus DOES produce SOME dust, mostly noticeable only after a rain when the dust sticks to the drying water. But NOTHING like Mercedes (I've owned 7...never again, by the way), Audi and Volvo that I have had..
Old 03-30-11, 08:28 AM
jmcraney

Received 273 Likes on 207 Posts

If your car is a 2007 SWB model, be sure that the front door windows have had the LamiSafe retrofit.
Old 03-30-11, 01:32 PM
Nospinzone

Received 423 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by frotiss
Guys my warranty is expireing April 14th and I am not extending it because I don't drive my car much it's a 07 with 26,000 miles, is there anything I should have them done before warranty expires thanks, the dealer change my brake and since they it making lots of dust is anyone else have that problem
Frotiss, not to talk you out of it (Lord knows the pros and cons of an extended warranty have been debated here in numerous threads), but be aware that age can contribute to issues as well as mileage. In fact an argument can be made that a car driven every day is in better shape than one driven sporadically (of course you may drive yours every day, just not very far).

Just my unsolicited two cents.
Old 03-30-11, 07:05 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcraney
If your car is a 2007 SWB model, be sure that the front door windows have had the LamiSafe retrofit.
Amen to that!! Just had mine done the other day! #likearollingcoffinsixfeetdeep
Old 03-30-11, 07:22 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I compared my 07 to a friends that had the lamisafe windows replaced as part of the wind noise fix. Over all mine is much quieter, I dont think its the glass, its the mirror the triangular piece etc that all add up to the experience. I never had the problem of the wind noise but replaced the triangular piece (thank you JRCraney) anyways as a prevention, but mine is incredibly quiet with the single pane oem windows up front.

I dont want the dealer tearing my doors apart just to replace the glass if there is no issue now.
Old 03-30-11, 08:44 PM
marky2mark
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cmasten
I compared my 07 to a friends that had the lamisafe windows replaced as part of the wind noise fix. Over all mine is much quieter, I dont think its the glass, its the mirror the triangular piece etc that all add up to the experience. I never had the problem of the wind noise but replaced the triangular piece (thank you JRCraney) anyways as a prevention, but mine is incredibly quiet with the single pane oem windows up front.

I dont want the dealer tearing my doors apart just to replace the glass if there is no issue now.
I hear ya.....I have one of the early '08s that doesn't have the lamisafe windows and I am debating whether or not to ask for the window replacement when I take it in for the 30k service. I did the JMc fix but I still have some wind noise from around the front windows. It's not excessive but its still there. The question is will the window replacement help or at least not make it any worse? I too am afraid that when they tear apart the doors they might make it worse or cause other new noise issues.

I know that Al & Ed's had the doors off a couple times when they swapped the speakers and no problems, so I am hoping the Lexus dealers are at least as capable of doing it without any issues.
Old 03-31-11, 10:31 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Well, I had the triangle problem as well as the lower part of the windows making noise. After I filled up the triangles with the aluminum patch and the black silicone, when you tap on it it is a solid thud vs that tinny hollow sound as before. The lamisafes were definitely the way to go to remove all wind whooshing noises..there are some sounds that I think is normal on windy days, but it is very clear to me that the lamisafes did the job...parts alone were $1800 so thank goodness for the Lexus dealer goodwill to fix it 2K miles over warranty!
Old 03-31-11, 06:25 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

just my opinion, but lots of folks up here had the lamsafe put in to fix the wind noise and it didnt help. I think its a combination, but for me I would not put them in if my car was nice and quiet with the single pane glass. I also think the Mirror and the seal there is also an issue. Mine has 70k miles on it and its a tomb for sure. The key is that they stand behind it and replace the parts that make the wind noise go away. I would not recommend just replacing the windows if you didnt have the issue I guess is my point
Old 03-31-11, 08:24 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just my opinion, but lots of folks up here had the lamsafe put in to fix the wind noise and it didnt help. I think its a combination, but for me I would not put them in if my car was nice and quiet with the single pane glass. I also think the Mirror and the seal there is also an issue. Mine has 70k miles on it and its a tomb for sure. The key is that they stand behind it and replace the parts that make the wind noise go away. I would not recommend just replacing the windows if you didnt have the issue I guess is my point
I agree, if you don't have the noise or don't notice the noise, then don't let them tear apart the doors. I saw pictures somewhere of the work in progress and it looks scary. Factory fit is the best, every time fastener is removed and reinstalled, it gets a little loose. Might end up with rattles.