LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Anyone have Ace Alloy Devine Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-11 | 11:23 AM
jvtong
Driver School Candidate

Default Anyone have Ace Alloy Devine Wheels?

Hi all,

Just wondering if there were any folks who have Ace Alloy Devine wheels, and actual pics. I did see some on the web, but wanted to see and hear experiences and opinions with these wheels.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have Ace Alloy Devine Wheels?-lexuslsdevine.jpg   Anyone have Ace Alloy Devine Wheels?-ace_lexus-devine.jpg   Anyone have Ace Alloy Devine Wheels?-ls460-with-ace-devine-wheels.jpg   Anyone have Ace Alloy Devine Wheels?-ls460-with-ace-devine-wheels-2.jpg   Anyone have Ace Alloy Devine Wheels?-ls460-with-ace-devine-wheels-4.jpg  

Last edited by jvtong; 04-07-11 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-07-11 | 11:37 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

never heard of them. Are they new??
Old 04-07-11 | 12:41 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Those don't belong on a Lexus LS. You can do a lot better for a car of our quality. That wheel belongs on a Kia or a civic. Not trying to be harsh but if you don't have the money to get a nice wheel, keep your factory.
Old 04-07-11 | 01:47 PM
jvtong
Driver School Candidate

@IA8MBR: i don't think they are new, since I've seen these pics since last year, and they were from the manufacturer site. They're the same ones who make Ace Executive wheels I see on GS's.

@OSU: I respect your opinion, but i was hoping for some opinions with some sort of objectivity, i.e., weight vs. oem, whether well-built or not, etc. if possible would be more helpful.

Looks-wise, that is definitely subjective, which is what I think you were referring to in indicating they are only suitable for a kia or a civic. Personally I think they look nice, but then that's my humble opinion and personal preference. You wouldn't want people to dictate what you want, no?

I do agree that sometimes you get what you pay for, but not necessarily with the notion that if it's expensive it must be good. If a wheel is 15 lbs. lighter than stock, that is something to consider along with the price.
The following users liked this post:
GunnyFitz (04-06-18)
Old 04-07-11 | 01:59 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jvtong
@IA8MBR: i don't think they are new, since I've seen these pics since last year, and they were from the manufacturer site. They're the same ones who make Ace Executive wheels I see on GS's.

@OSU: I respect your opinion, but i was hoping for some opinions with some sort of objectivity, i.e., weight vs. oem, whether well-built or not, etc. if possible would be more helpful.

Looks-wise, that is definitely subjective, which is what I think you were referring to in indicating they are only suitable for a kia or a civic. Personally I think they look nice, but then that's my humble opinion and personal preference. You wouldn't want people to dictate what you want, no?

I do agree that sometimes you get what you pay for, but not necessarily with the notion that if it's expensive it must be good. If a wheel is 15 lbs. lighter than stock, that is something to consider along with the price.
I'm not dictating, just stating my opinion as well. I'm curious, if the wheel weighed 5 lbs each, would that be a reason to purchase them? I'd hope you wouldn't be street racing this luxurious car. With that said, why does the weight matter? Of course you're going to get what you want, and you should. I just think there are soooo many better options than those and it doesn't mean it has to be expensive. Come on man, you're driving a car that can cost upwards of $100,000 easily.
Old 04-07-11 | 02:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Have you looked at Vossen wheels. They make some nice stuff and they will not break the bank
Old 04-07-11 | 02:41 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

i don't think any wheel with a "cheater lip" belongs on a car of this caliber. just a thought
Old 04-07-11 | 03:05 PM
jvtong
Driver School Candidate

@IA8MBR: yeah, looked into those too. I guess i'm just leaning towards something different.

@cheez80: what is a "cheater lip" ?

@OSU: Thank you for your opinion, and no, of course I won't street race this car. I was just giving an example of things to consider if a wheel is expensive that justifies its price, rather than just considering looks, as this is again, based on personal preferences. I do like Vossen 083s and were looking at those too. It boils down to preference, i.e., some people like Lumarai, I don't.

With regard to wheel weight, here is a blurb from tirerack FYI:
"A vehicle's total weight is the sum of all of its parts and affects its ability to accelerate, brake and corner. Reducing the total weight will enhance the vehicle's performance because less weight needs to be controlled and therefore, less energy is required. Unsprung weight is the weight under the springs which moves up and down as the vehicle rides over uneven roads and leans in the corners. Reducing unsprung weight allows the springs and shock absorbers to be more effective in controlling the suspension's movement. Additionally, a vehicle's rotational weight includes all parts that spin including everything in the vehicle's driveline from the engine's crankshaft to its wheels and tires. This affects the energy required to change speed as the vehicle accelerates and brakes. As you would guess, reducing the weight of any of these rotating components will enhance the vehicle's performance because less energy will be required to increase or decrease their speed."

"I just think there are soooo many better options than those and it doesn't mean it has to be expensive. Come on man, you're driving a car that can cost upwards of $100,000 easily"

What then should one look for when driving a car that can cost upwards of $100,000 easily? Does it have to be a certain brand? Does it have to be 3-piece forged? I really am not sure what the criteria should be and don't really want to know. It would get me back to going with what others think is "nice" for a car like this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess if I go with these, I'll just make sure not to post any pics to avoid getting flamed haha..

Anyway, I still am thankful for all your opinions though, positive or not..

Last edited by jvtong; 04-07-11 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-07-11 | 03:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah....whats a cheater lip.

What I like about my Vossens is the beautiful rounded lip. It makes the wheels look so much nicer. I also like the fact that vossen offers an industry leading warranty on their wheels
Old 04-07-11 | 03:31 PM
BROOKLINE
Driver School Candidate

+1 on the vossen wheels
Old 04-07-11 | 04:46 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

cheater lip is where the spokes curve back towards the mounting surface; the spokes are convex vs. concave (which is what you want)

it's a design "feature" usually seen on wheels meant for cars that can't run a wide, low-offset wheel (read: cheap wheels)
Old 04-07-11 | 04:54 PM
chrispy

I know the car pictured isn't yours but..

Buy $8000 AutoCouture aero kit

Buy $300 wheels

Old 04-07-11 | 06:08 PM
RioDino
Driver School Candidate

Lumarai makes a nice Lexus LS specific wheel. Check this out:

18" LEXUS WHEELS RIMS LUMARAI LS460 LS460L LS600 LS600L

In keeping with the tradition of the classic 5 spoke design, Lumarai has a winner with its Morro wheel. These wheels come in the proper offset to fit the Lexus LS460 and LS460L as well as the LS600 vehicles. These wheels are also available in a full chrome finish for an additional $600.00 for the set of 4) wheels. Tires are available upon request, for a nominal fee.

FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL 48

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_4675wt_910CALL US @ 1-888-250-9074

EMAIL US AT JOHN@GETYOURWHEELS.COM

Legend has it that when Toyota created the Lexus brand they sent a group of executives to live in Laguna Beach, CA to immerse themselves in the California lifestyle and get an understanding of what the potential Lexus buyer might desire. So Lumarai Wheels chose a designer who lived in Laguna Beach, CA to design the first Lumarai wheel. They even called the wheel the Morro, after El Morro Beach, the first beach you see when driving south on Pacific Coast Highway and enter the town of Laguna Beach

Besides the fact that it’s fun designing wheels, why did the founders of Lumarai create an entire wheel brand just for Lexus? There are several very good technical reasons why Lexus requires a wheel made to fit only Lexus vehicles:

Lexus wheels use flat seat nuts. Nearly every aftermarket wheel in the world uses 60 degree taper nuts. Lumarai wheels use flat seat nuts.
Lexus cars require hub-centric wheels. Not all aftermarket wheels are hub-centric on Lexus. All Lumarai wheels are made hub centric for Lexus.
Lexus wheels use air sensors. The Lumarai wheels are designed around the Lexus air sensor to ensure that OE Lexus air sensors will work on Lumarai wheels.
Many Lexus owners like to put the OE Lexus emblem on their wheels. Lumarai wheels accept the OE Lexus wheel emblem.
So that’s how Lumarai wheels came about, born out of the desire to upgrade Lexus wheels and the need to do it correctly.

Wheel Manufacturer and Model : Lumarai Morro
Wheel Diameter : 18"
Wheel Width : 8.0" Front and 9.5" Rear
Wheel Lip Size : 1.25" Front and 2.75" Rear
Wheel Offset : ET31 Front and ET31 Rear
Wheel Finish : Silver w/ Mirror Face and Lip or Gloss Black Face w/Mirror Lip
Old 04-07-11 | 06:13 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chrispy
I know the car pictured isn't yours but..

Buy $8000 AutoCouture aero kit

Buy $300 wheels

i'm in total agreement
Old 04-07-11 | 07:43 PM
Aychdot
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RioDino
Lumarai makes a nice Lexus LS specific wheel. Check this out:

18" LEXUS WHEELS RIMS LUMARAI LS460 LS460L LS600 LS600L

In keeping with the tradition of the classic 5 spoke design, Lumarai has a winner with its Morro wheel. These wheels come in the proper offset to fit the Lexus LS460 and LS460L as well as the LS600 vehicles. These wheels are also available in a full chrome finish for an additional $600.00 for the set of 4) wheels. Tires are available upon request, for a nominal fee.

FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL 48

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_4675wt_910Wheel Manufacturer and Model : Lumarai Morro
Wheel Diameter : 18"
Wheel Width : 8.0" Front and 9.5" Rear
Wheel Lip Size : 1.25" Front and 2.75" Rear
Wheel Offset : ET31 Front and ET31 Rear
Wheel Finish : Silver w/ Mirror Face and Lip or Gloss Black Face w/Mirror Lip
First thing I thought of when I saw those wheels is an 86 Camaro Z28.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Ace Alloy Devine Wheels?