LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Learned my lesson - Ready for LS460

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-11, 03:36 AM
marky2mark
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
oh snap..my bad, I thought it was 08 when they added USB. The lamisafe windows are def a plus, i love mine..car sounds real solid down the road..but if you find one under 50K miles and it doesn't have lamisafe, jot down those TSBs and take it to the dealer and complain about the wind noise. Tell them you want the TSBs addressed. You can tell the the window type by looking at the small print in the corner etched into the window. It will say Temperlite or Lamisafe. You want Lamisafe on the front windows of the SWB model. You can also tell by rolling down the front window a little and look at the top of a window..if it is real smooth with no crease, it is Temperlite..with a crease in middle, Lamisafe
Mine is a early 08 with the temperlite windows. I've been debating whether or not to ask for the lamisafe when I go for the 30k service. I'm just afraid they might mess it up worse when they take it apart to change the windows. So you think the lamisafe windows made a big difference?
Old 04-14-11, 04:28 AM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by marky2mark
Mine is a early 08 with the temperlite windows. I've been debating whether or not to ask for the lamisafe when I go for the 30k service. I'm just afraid they might mess it up worse when they take it apart to change the windows. So you think the lamisafe windows made a big difference?
Marky, my 2008 came with factory lamisafes and I don't have wind noise issues. Lucky I guess. If you have them installed, I would check doors carefully to ensure nothing was damaged and that all electrical features are functional. If you don't have any wind noise issues, you might want to forego this tsb.
Old 04-14-11, 07:18 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by marky2mark
I didn't have any worries. They installed all the new parts, seals, glass and all that..test drove it. They told me to test drive it to be sure and it checked out. I have no worries. Plus I at least have the 12mo/12K mile warranty on those items for the std install warranty..plus the 100K extended, so any issues would most likely be covered if it isn't wear and tear related. I say do it if you have wind noise. Fix your triangles first per jmcraney wind noise fix, see if that helps..if you still have wind noise issues, then get the lamisafes. The triangle and lamisafe combo was the trick for me and many others. good luck