LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

08 LS460L at Lexus Dealer for 2 weeks already! WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-11, 11:46 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Lets do some simple math:

just guessing some basics here, you may have less or more..i dunno

Daily Round Trip Commute.
60 miles x 20 work days per month = 1,200 miles saved by using a loaner car. Not including other trips throughout the month..probably another 1000 miles maybe? So 2200 miles..thats huge.

So, not sure what the issue is...ride out that loaner man!!
Old 05-11-11, 05:28 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update,

Called Lexus dealer and was curious as to what is going on with my rear right air shock. Was told they have nothing for me and we still have to wait. I told them I want to pick up the car and then just return it when the part arrived. He advised me that I can not do that because the air shock was bleed out completely and car is not leveled due to that. So now I have no choice but to wait till they get the parts.

I wanted to tell them - I want a LS as a loaner due to this long *** time they got my car, but didn't ... maybe i should of... besides they probably dont even loan out LS's. Anyway, this experience sucks and I am really pissed!!!

Thanks - Rami
Old 05-11-11, 07:01 PM
LiveWire
Rookie

Ramik, they will loan out whatever you want. You just have to go about it the right way. If you want an LS as a loaner, talk to the sales manager and tell them that you just bought a used LS, and it turned out to be a POS, but you are interested in what the new "Sport" model rides like. If you do it with enough panache, you'll get it. I got a GS450H as a "sales demo" last week for 4 days, because I was wanting to see if the handling was any better than the LS (Which it is) and how the whole hybrid system works.
Old 05-11-11, 07:12 PM
sholaesq
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ramik80
Update,

Called Lexus dealer and was curious as to what is going on with my rear right air shock. Was told they have nothing for me and we still have to wait. I told them I want to pick up the car and then just return it when the part arrived. He advised me that I can not do that because the air shock was bleed out completely and car is not leveled due to that. So now I have no choice but to wait till they get the parts.

I wanted to tell them - I want a LS as a loaner due to this long *** time they got my car, but didn't ... maybe i should of... besides they probably dont even loan out LS's. Anyway, this experience sucks and I am really pissed!!!

Thanks - Rami
You should ask them for an LS loaner and I am sure they will accommodate you. Just be cordial about it.
Old 05-16-11, 10:18 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys,

Over a month and still dont have my LS.

I want to call them tomorrow and start *****ing about the situation. I am going to tell them if they cant release my LS until they receive the rear right air shock then they should give me a LS as a loaner....

Has anyone ever had a LS as a loaner?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-11, 10:53 PM
LiveWire
Rookie

I've never had an LS as a loaner. However if I were you I would call Lexus customer service (Corporate) and get them involved if you already havent. See if they can authorize the dealer to get you whatever you want. It might be easier to go that route if you are not that confident in your negotiation skills or strapped for time.
Old 05-17-11, 02:08 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Thats exactly what I did today. I called Lexus Corp. and spoke to a rep and advised him that the car is still at the dealership over a month with no estimated date of arrival on the parts.

I advised that I wouldn't mind driving a loaner for a week or so (RX350) but since it is taking so long and the dealership doesn't want to release the car to me because they bleed out the rear right air shock that they should at least loan me out a LS.... I mean who knows how long it's going to take before they get the shock, usually they return the car back to customer and tell you to wait until the parts come in and then bring the car back.

Has anyone had previous experience with getting Lexus Corp. involved and accommodating your issues with the your local dealership?????

Thanks!
Old 05-17-11, 04:09 PM
LiveWire
Rookie

Thats exactly what I did today. I called Lexus Corp. and spoke to a rep and advised him that the car is still at the dealership over a month with no estimated date of arrival on the parts.

I advised that I wouldn't mind driving a loaner for a week or so (RX350) but since it is taking so long and the dealership doesn't want to release the car to me because they bleed out the rear right air shock that they should at least loan me out a LS.... I mean who knows how long it's going to take before they get the shock, usually they return the car back to customer and tell you to wait until the parts come in and then bring the car back.

Has anyone had previous experience with getting Lexus Corp. involved and accommodating your issues with the your local dealership?????

Thanks!

I have gotten lexus corp involved since a month after I bought my LS last summer. Needless to say, we are still going back and forth between the dealer, corp. and me.

My car came CPO with the wrong color shift ****, they don't even want to replace that. It's been a nightmare. The only thing they have done is give me a free nav update, so thats good, but that wasnt my major concern. I wont bore you all with my details.
Old 05-17-11, 05:30 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Please let us know your story.....
Old 05-17-11, 08:30 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Please let us know your story.....

Still waiting for Lexus Corp. to call me back....
Old 05-18-11, 01:49 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Wanna hear something funny my fellow club members...

I called Lexus Corp. to complain and see what they can do to rush the process, the rep called me today and shockingly enough THEY GOT THE PARTs LAST NIGHT ...

Is this a coincidence or what??? I am so confused right now, thinking if they knew they could get the part from another dealership why make a customer wait long?

This is just to weird.....
Old 05-18-11, 03:33 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wanna hear something funny my fellow club members...

I called Lexus Corp. to complain and see what they can do to rush the process, the rep called me today and shockingly enough THEY GOT THE PARTs LAST NIGHT ...

Is this a coincidence or what??? I am so confused right now, thinking if they knew they could get the part from another dealership why make a customer wait long?

This is just to weird.....
wwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaat????????!?!??
Old 05-18-11, 06:00 PM
CEOEngr
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamls2
wwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaat????????!?!??

This is called "fear of giving out an LS as a loaner".
Old 05-18-11, 08:14 PM
Ramik80
Driver School Candidate

Very Interesting....

I asked them today about a LS as a loaner and she said it was impossible. But, I my concern is as soon as they received a call from Lexus Corp. suddenly they got the rear shock in the day before.

I hope they are not lying to me and that they are actually going to replace the part???? I didn't tell the difference between a good shock and a bad shock but If I wanted to know how can I verify that they actually DID change the shock

It is possible that they received the car from Lexus Corp. and decided to tell the customer - ok we have the part - and just send him on the way ...???

I know i am probably being stupid here asking that but - hey you never know!
Old 05-20-11, 02:44 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

any update??

Quick Reply: 08 LS460L at Lexus Dealer for 2 weeks already! WTF???