LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Cost to upgrade from Non-Navigation to Navigation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-11, 09:32 AM
edarte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no experience in putting nav in an LS however I have tried similar type "retro-fitting" projects in the past and inevitably there are numerous complications. Unless you can find someone who has done exactly (and I do mean exactly) the same type install in the same year, similar optioned vehicle I would not even consider it. (In fact,personally, I would not consider it even if such an installer did exist).

Then if you had any future problem with any of the other components Lexus could, quite rightly, say "It is your mess - you fix it".

Bad, bad, bad idea unless you are looking for a hobby for the next year of so.

My 2 cents

PS - Which Jag did you Mom decide to go with and what are the reason(s) she is switching?

Last edited by edarte; 05-09-11 at 09:36 AM. Reason: add follow-up question
Old 05-09-11, 11:25 AM
WHYUMAD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IStoSC
I would personally look for a 07 or even 08 that is actually fully loaded AND has CPO for around 30k which you should be able to find though it will have higher mileage...thats my opinion...
That would msot likely be in the high, high mileage range to find one like that. The mileage & warranty are main reasons why I'm getting the car. If it wasn't fir the mielage being so low, & the car being garage kept, I wouldn't be getting rid of my Shelby.
Old 05-09-11, 11:31 AM
WHYUMAD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edarte

I have no experience in putting nav in an LS however I have tried similar type "retro-fitting" projects in the past and inevitably there are numerous complications. Unless you can find someone who has done exactly (and I do mean exactly) the same type install in the same year, similar optioned vehicle I would not even consider it. (In fact,personally, I would not consider it even if such an installer did exist).

Then if you had any future problem with any of the other components Lexus could, quite rightly, say "It is your mess - you fix it".

Bad, bad, bad idea unless you are looking for a hobby for the next year of so.

My 2 cents

PS - Which Jag did you Mom decide to go with and what are the reason(s) she is switching?
She gets a new car every 3 years. My dad's pushing her to get the supercharged XJ, but she wants the supercharged XF. IMO the XF looks better, I hate the extended windows on the XJs. She loves Lexus & has never had any issues with the cars she owned in the past from lexus, she just likes how the new Jags look. I don't blame here & I am taking her Lexus because of all the good I see from her cars. I want reliability & functionality whilst still maintaining some kind of stylish look. I'm 21 so I'm not as baller as most of you on here, so I'm taking this deal & just want to work with what I got.
Old 05-09-11, 05:30 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well all I can say if you want nav you might have to just get a garmin or something like that, not worth the pain or the money it will cost to get a factory nav unit in a non nav unit. I had a infiniti fx45 with no nav and although there was a screen it was still pretty penny to get all of the equipment in there.