LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

08" Ls460L - I want to have Ipod access in my car - whats best magul?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-11, 11:03 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
if you don't have ml, you can put in sl2vi or sl2ic for ipod (both audio and video). you want to double check with vaistech, but i believe you might be able to do ml+ too
I just checked their website and I like both the sl2ic and ml+ but it says they are only available for my car ( w/o ml) for the lite versions. I will immediately opt for the ml+ but I'm going to email them and ask if it 100% compatible with my car. It doesn't say what the difference with the ml+ lite and normal version are. ( not sure if it's just that I can't work the nav. And such while driving) also they have the versions that either have or don't have the HDR ( which I think I have) and whether or not it comes with Hdd cables ?(idk what that's for) thanks for helping me out
Old 06-02-11, 11:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

take a look again adam, both the full and light versions are available for your car. the lite version, you can't do video playback while the car is movie. while for the ml+ full version, you can enable video playback while car is moving (after punching in the code)

ml+ does NOT contain navigation override, only sl2ic does.

for ml+, you have option to put in a hard drive (laptop size) if you want. if you want that, you will need the cable which is the extra 15 bucks. most people only care about usb / ipod, so they don't need the hdd cable
Old 06-03-11, 02:19 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for PMing me ^^^
Old 06-03-11, 02:07 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well that makes my decision easier.. I guess the sl2i-up is good for me. Can I change songs and albums while I'm driving with the navigation screen? I wish the screens were as nice as with the ML+...

for what unit? for ml+ you need ios4 so that means itouch or iphone. otherwise sl2i-up supports classic
Old 06-03-11, 04:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano
Well that makes my decision easier.. I guess the sl2i-up is good for me. Can I change songs and albums while I'm driving with the navigation screen? I wish the screens were as nice as with the ML+...
yes, you cna change songs and albums using the track seek / folder up/down / steering wheel with the sl2i-up. keep in mind sl2i-up is only for ipod audio, no video
Old 09-08-11, 11:24 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ml#post6667173

ML+ now available for LS460 with ML.
Old 09-08-11, 11:57 AM
tucker21
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take a look again adam, both the full and light versions are available for your car. the lite version, you can't do video playback while the car is movie. while for the ml+ full version, you can enable video playback while car is moving (after punching in the code)

ml+ does NOT contain navigation override, only sl2ic does.

for ml+, you have option to put in a hard drive (laptop size) if you want. if you want that, you will need the cable which is the extra 15 bucks. most people only care about usb / ipod, so they don't need the hdd cable
what exactly do you mean by navigation override?

also, i am debating which unit to get. i don't watch any video, this will only be used to music/ipod.

each unit has a specific pro/con that the other unit lacks....i want to be able to use both my ipod classic as well as my itouch, but i also want top of the line sound quality and the option to stream pandora.
which kit do you think will better fit my needs?

also, does any kit allow you to hook up an anderiod device?

thanks in advance for any help!
Old 09-08-11, 12:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by tucker21
what exactly do you mean by navigation override?

also, i am debating which unit to get. i don't watch any video, this will only be used to music/ipod.

each unit has a specific pro/con that the other unit lacks....i want to be able to use both my ipod classic as well as my itouch, but i also want top of the line sound quality and the option to stream pandora.
which kit do you think will better fit my needs?

also, does any kit allow you to hook up an anderiod device?

thanks in advance for any help!
nav override as in to allow you to access navigation menus when car is moving

if you want the best audio and you don't care about video, maybe vml is best for you. it works fine with both your ipod, and i believe you can stream from pandora just fine

nothing for droid though
Old 09-08-11, 12:38 PM
tucker21
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nav override as in to allow you to access navigation menus when car is moving

if you want the best audio and you don't care about video, maybe vml is best for you. it works fine with both your ipod, and i believe you can stream from pandora just fine

nothing for droid though
hmm....when you say access nav menus does that mean i could enter an address or POI while driving?
basically does it eliminate the need to get a PS nav override system?

i was under the impression that was not the case.
also, tyvm for the advice much appreciated!
Old 09-08-11, 01:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by tucker21
hmm....when you say access nav menus does that mean i could enter an address or POI while driving?
basically does it eliminate the need to get a PS nav override system?

i was under the impression that was not the case.
also, tyvm for the advice much appreciated!
yes, entering address

that's why i said ml+ does NOT have override function. you will still need ps override for that