LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

ls broken into

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-11, 09:41 PM
vancouverl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls broken into

some jerk broke into my car yesterday ripped the lamisafe window out
Attached Thumbnails ls broken into-photo.jpg   ls broken into-photo.jpg4.jpg  
Old 06-06-11, 09:45 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man, sorry to hear.

All that for just loose change?
Old 06-06-11, 09:49 PM
vancouverl
Driver

Originally Posted by iKenn
Oh man, sorry to hear.

All that for just loose change?
yes for less then $20 !!!!!!
Old 06-06-11, 09:55 PM
eddie_k_
Rookie

Oh man! That really sucks!
Old 06-06-11, 10:45 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am speechless. They did all that for $20.
Old 06-06-11, 11:07 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

probably crackheads.
Old 06-07-11, 12:51 AM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like the glass is a pain to break thru at least. no alarm or anything went off?
Old 06-07-11, 05:27 AM
vancouverl
Driver

Originally Posted by LXurious
Looks like the glass is a pain to break thru at least. no alarm or anything went off?
no alarm went off got in and out through the window .
Old 06-07-11, 06:48 AM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That sux man. Sorry to hear that. Atleast it was just a window and not a life.
Old 06-07-11, 07:03 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any other damage besides the window?
Old 06-07-11, 07:35 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

It looks like the only damage was the window. In a "silver lining" way, it's good news since you won't need paint work. Once the new glass is in, it's like nothing ever happened.
Sorry about your aggravation.
Old 06-07-11, 07:51 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy, that really stinks! Sorry to hear about it.

My BMW 550i had a motion detector as part of the security system that was activated when the car was locked. I used to think it was kind of useless until seeing your picture and the fact that the alarm wasn't triggered because they went in/out through the window.
Old 06-07-11, 08:54 AM
zukikat
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really sorry to see something like that!
Hopefully your insurance company will cover it?

I suspect that if they'd reached in and unlocked the door from the inside lock lever the system would've gone off, but apparently they knew about that which means this wasn't their first offense...
Doesn't even the 1st gen the Lexus system monitor the lock levers or does it just wait for the door to actually be opened?

Most of the Toyota security systems prior to the Immobilizer version that came along in the late 90's, even back to the late 80's the standard Toyota system monitored the keyhole and inside lock levers AND the door/trunk/hood switches for any changes, and if they got either the optional remote entry upgrade to the standard security system for vehicle models that came with one like the 80's and 90's Supras or they got the "security with remote" option added to a model that didn't have a standard security system like the 80's/90's Camry's then they got a "glass disturbance/breakage" sensor included that would've definitely set the system off before the glass even broke if a thief tried to do that to one of those Toyotas.
Note that in addition to trying to unlock or open those cars without a key you could walk up to any of them and smack the glass pretty hard with your keys and the alarm would go off and the system would disable the car but it NEVER false'd in the 10+ years I had that system in several of my Supras and a Camry.
Why the Lexus models didn't ever seem to get that feature on their systems, which I've learned through this LS and a buddy's SC, and why Toyota eventually discontinued that feature in the late 90s when the Transponder Key Immobilizer system was created, I don't understand...

I don't see anything like that sensor or any reference to anything like that in my mid 90's LS owners' manual or my buddy's SC owners' manual which was rather suprising and disappointing, but then again my LS doesn't even seem to know how to flash the parking lights to tell me when I've pressed the remote button to arm or disarm the system either, which the Toyota systems all did... Instead it just got a chirping buzzer with a volume **** on the dash for it, wth?

Prior to buying my older LS I've had 2 different IS300's with the factory Immobilizer system and never really worried about it although I had a hunch something exactly like that could possibly happen to those IS's and now I know my hunch was right.

My brother bought a house in a not so great neighborhood in uptown new orleans a little over a year ago with only enough "off street parking" for his car and I never really worried about my IS300 with the factory Transponder Key Immobilizer system or my Supras' safety with their Toyota glass disturbance sensor systems or the ugly old Camry with that same glass disturbance sensor in the optional Toyota security/remote system it got as a fully loaded LE V6 back in 1991, but I worry about my LS in that neighborhood with what I've learned about its' factory Lexus security system...
Old 06-07-11, 11:12 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

wow, sorry to hear that. I thought that was always a nice hiding spot. My wife didnt find out about that until 8 months after I got the car. I usually keep large bills in there though but not anymore. Looks like they went into the center console too or did you open it?

You might want to look into the automate AM-1. I had it installed some time ago and it works great. It works of the factory remote and has shock, tilt and proximity sensor but I dont have prox sensor on there yet. It also blasts the factory horn and an aftermarket siren.
Old 06-07-11, 12:36 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am blown away that the factory alarm did not go off. I am surprised it only goes off if the door is opened. Its like Lexus only cares about the car but not its contents.

Quick Reply: ls broken into