LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS 600h L Landaulet for royal wedding

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-11, 03:00 PM
zeeshan66
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS 600h L Landaulet for royal wedding

http://www.drivearabia.com/news/2011...royal-wedding/

So it is the Lexus LS600h L Landaulet that is in limelight here, and not the wedding ceremony of H.H Prince Albert II of Monaco for which the LS600h L Landaulet was exclusively designed and prepared. Just as the fate of the German makers of the only other Landaulet model is hanging on a thin strand of cobweb, Lexus marches in boldly with their finest piece of engineering till date.

This one-of-a-kind LS600h L Landaulet will be a hybrid vehicle featuring Lexus’ Hybrid Drive technology, allowing the vehicle to run on power from it’s electric motors alone during most of the “royal” tour – a 5.0-litre V8 gasoline engine takes care of any extra power that may be required. For those who do not know, a Landaulet is a design where the vehicle sports a convertible top only for the back seat – the front seat may or may not have a roof. The Lexus LS600h L Landaulet features a demountable lightweight one-piece transparent polycarbonate roof with no reinforcements or pillars, sourced from a French company specialized in manufacture of transparent component solutions for the aviation industry.

Apparently, the complex conversion process took over 2000 hours to complete. The process included extensive computer-aided design calculations, simulations and 3D modelling, and involved stripping down about 20,000 mechanical parts, electronic components and interior features and upholstery. Lexus also faced a tough task of maintaining the vehicle’s performance and safety aspects after the removal of roof and pillars. Lexus claims that the reassembly was carefully executed so as to ensure highest levels of quality while retaining the safety and performance aspects of the original car.

We do not know if this marks the birth of a new trend; nevertheless, the LS 600h L is truly a marvel which proves Lexus’ strengths when it comes to manufacturing exceptional luxury vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-i0VMMbLfM

This special Lexus LS 600h L Landaulet will be serving as the official car at the royal wedding in Monaco taking place on July 2, 2011.

The specially-designed vehicle will be one of seven Lexus LS 600h in the wedding party at the nuptials of Prince Albert II of Monaco and Ms. Charlene Wittstock.

The Lexus LS 600h L Landaulet is the work of Belgian coachbuilder Carat Duchatelet, in partnership with Lexus engineers, and took over 2,000 hours to complete. Its distinguishing feature is the one-piece transparent roof.

Last edited by zeeshan66; 06-27-11 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-27-11, 04:36 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I posted about it in the car chat section. Its a truly amazing Lexus. What makes it so special is the level of custom work in the car from the in house master craftsmen from Lexus. I was asking why would he use the LS and not the Maybach Landulet but another member explained that Price Albert is an environmentalist so he liked the hybrid luxury of the LS600hL
Old 06-27-11, 05:49 PM
Nospinzone

Received 424 Likes on 327 Posts

I did that mod to my car last year. Almost took me the whole weekend to do it.
Old 06-27-11, 06:21 PM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
I did that mod to my car last year. Almost took me the whole weekend to do it.
Sir, may we have some pics????