LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Non lexus dealer - Never trust them!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-11, 11:46 AM
mross
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non lexus dealer - Never trust them!!

I am in the market for a 08-09 swb. They are somewhat hard to find here in Dallas area with low miles. A VW dealer in Dallas had one advertised. I talked to the salesman before I took the 30 mile drive to make sure we were in the same ballpark ($47K) and specifically asked him not to waste my time or his. He went as far as to say let me ask the GM.. it's his personal car... he calls me back and tells me to come on down.

I spend over 2 hours wasting my time for the GM to say he won't go lower than $52k... Thats the going rate here for a CPO here.

It's dealerships like this that hurt the integrity of the used car industry. Fortunately the Lexus dealership in my area are a class group..
Old 08-07-11, 12:06 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mross
I am in the market for a 08-09 swb. They are somewhat hard to find here in Dallas area with low miles. A VW dealer in Dallas had one advertised. I talked to the salesman before I took the 30 mile drive to make sure we were in the same ballpark ($47K) and specifically asked him not to waste my time or his. He went as far as to say let me ask the GM.. it's his personal car... he calls me back and tells me to come on down.

I spend over 2 hours wasting my time for the GM to say he won't go lower than $52k... Thats the going rate here for a CPO here.

It's dealerships like this that hurt the integrity of the used car industry. Fortunately the Lexus dealership in my area are a class group..
Sorry to hear about this, and good that you have good Lexus dealerships in your area. However, Lexus dealers pull this crap off all the time too. For instance, after multiple exchanges over the years for me and friends, I am hardly impressed by the ethics at the sales departments at most of the Lexus dealers in my state. And of course, CL is full of similar stories like this.

Last edited by caha14; 08-07-11 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-07-11, 01:22 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

classic. Sadly some Lexus dealers aren't that much better - after a few phone talks, some better pictures, service history pdf's - drove 100miles away to check out a LS460 that as i found out on the spot, had the passenger fender and frond door maaco repainted. I almost left immediately in disgust. Still ended up test driving it and talked $3000off for paint damage. Never answered any more call from that dealer...
Old 08-07-11, 06:28 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

What year is the car?

I can't believe it. I purchased mine more than two years ago for $54K ('08, 15K miles on the odo, ML, comfort pkg, door closers, parking guidance, 600hL wheels) and it was in pristine condition.

Now back to the issue. They dragged you all the way to the dealership which's a world away only to arbitrarily offer you a 10% increase on the asking price? WTF?! He should have told you at least before you drive all the way there. Too bad. They've proven unreliable business people. Just never deal with them.

You'll find a better LS.
Old 08-07-11, 06:54 PM
mross
Driver School Candidate

I just find it amazing that the GM of a branded dealership would string a potential client out. His salesperson outright lied. What did he think I was going to see his car and just want to pay more for it. LOL. Needless to say It was a 60 mile round trip waste of my time..

Nash, 2009..It showed well. but was not what I would call pristine. I had the local Lexus dealer pull the history before I went to see it and the mirror had been damaged and need to be replaced and their were a few door dings reports before a car wash that were repaired no doubt by the VW body shop..

The LD really wants my business but understands if they dont have a car I want, so they have bent over backwards and continue to search for one that meets my criteria. In the mean time I will keep looking..
Old 08-10-11, 04:22 AM
chow70
Rookie

Guys, I recently purchased my second car from Wilde Lexus in Sarasota, FL. Both cars have been in impecable condition. I have a 460, and a new IS-F. It's really a 4 STAR dealership.
Old 08-15-11, 04:24 AM
mross
Driver School Candidate

There are definitely good dealers out there. I found what I was looking for last week and picked up a 09 LS with low miles from Sewell Lexus in Dallas. They were very good to work with. Funny think was a few days after I purchased, the salesman from the VW dealer sends me a text that they will take another $500 off there freaky high price. I told hime he was still $3,500 off the market value and Sewell proved it.
Old 08-15-11, 12:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am sorry to hear this. The more I hear these stories the more lucky I feel. I got my 07 LS460 in 2010 with 32K miles on it for 39K. It has ML, comfort package, etc. It needed the brakes resurfaced and had a front plate drilled into the bumper that I told them I would handle it .when I got it and they even put a brand new set of Bridgestones on the car for ( even though I knew I was getting 22's). I think I got the deal of the century. You should look at dealers out west
Old 08-15-11, 04:58 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Great Lexus dealers

There ARE some VERY good Lexus dealers. Like JM Lexus in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

HIGH ethics, fair dealings, and excellent follow-through.

Best Wishes, Mikey

Old 08-15-11, 07:03 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikey100
There ARE some VERY good Lexus dealers. Like JM Lexus in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

HIGH ethics, fair dealings, and excellent follow-through.

Best Wishes, Mikey

Let me guess you must work there
Old 08-22-11, 03:23 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Do I work for JM Lexus .......

No, Mr. SmartPants GammaLex. To put things in perspective .......

JM is in Margate (Ft.Lauderdale) FL.

I live on Lake Oconee, GA. As my posts read. Some 625 miles apart.

My 2008 LS460 CPO 26K mile LS460 came from JM Lexus in July 2011, however. Sold originally by them, serviced for the original owner exclusively by them, traded in on a new LS460 to them, and re-sold by them to me. Noble Spinal Mica.

It was purchased over the telephone, paid for and then picked up 3 weeks later in person by me (at which point it was the first time I had ever seen the car in person). And the vehicle was better even then expected. Then JM's follow-through on related matters was impeccable !

Single best auto transaction I have ever been a party to.

For that, I felt they deserved a serious Good Honerable mention in this thread.

So what DO I do ? I share my time between my Bride of 42 years ... and the largemouth bass I salute on this lake ever day before I attempt to hoose-gangle them. But no ... I do not work for JM Lexus. They are fully cable of supporting their reputation of the world's LARGEST (and #1) Lexus dealer all by their little own self. As they have for the past 19 years.

Best Blessed Wishes to all

Mike Lulejian
Old 08-25-11, 03:30 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

There are good and bad with everything, dealers included..including Lexus. I bought mine from a broker. Had all the paperwork, all the Lexus service records which I cross referenced with my local dealer to be sure, had the car checked in and out and it was super clean. the Lexus dealership asked me which Lexus dealership I was talking to lol. Short story is I got my car for about $7K less than what Lexus starting price was for a same color 2007 SWB. Mine had every option minus air and radar cruise, the one at Lexus didn't have the same package. So, I went with my broker..saved a ton and took it right to the dealer to get about $4K worth of TSB work done. Again, car checked super clean from two shops..I will use my broker again when i upgrade to an LWB in a couple years or so
Old 08-26-11, 05:52 AM
Silverpaws
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey100

JM is in Margate (Ft.Lauderdale) FL.

I live on Lake Oconee, GA. As my posts read. Some 625 miles apart.

My 2008 LS460 CPO 26K mile LS460 came from JM Lexus in July 2011, however.
Mike, purchased my 2008 CPO LS460 11.6K miles from JM Lexus 12/10. To date, experience has been very positive. Live near Albany, GA, just over 500 miles from JM.