LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Dealer and Oversized wheels warranty issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-11, 06:33 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Dealer and Oversized wheels warranty issues

Anybody here ever have a problem with the dealer and plus sized wheels? My dealer wont even touch my SC to do an oil change. They say its heavily modified and dont want to be liable. On my LS im worried ill have a problem with my steering or braking and they will want to blame it on my wheels saying it caused premature failure. Anybody with 22" wheels ever had the dealer give them a headache about the wheels being the problem. Funny im getting a clicking noise in the brakes. It isnt the brake booster. I think its just the shims because it always happens in reverse when backing out the driveway and going down the curb. So far ive been swapping over to factories everytime time i need something done or serviced. I just hit my 50,000 mile service so other than the brakes I should be good to drive for another year or so lol
Old 08-23-11, 06:42 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

clicking noise is lack of shims, try some factory ones or get a different set of pads, most dealers don't mind the rims, most of them have rims in there showrooms so that is crap. I would go to another dealer, as long as it safe no need for them to trip, I never experienced that problem with the dealers or other tire places, but I guess for liability issues then they can choose to do what they want; which sucks!!!!
Old 08-23-11, 07:15 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

yeah, thats crap..dealers add mods on the showroom models all the time. get to know this also..essentially dealers need to prove that a part caused a failure if i recall

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnu...s_Warranty_Act
Old 08-23-11, 11:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

all my cars are quite heavily modded, never a problem with my dealership
Old 08-24-11, 03:56 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

so far so good with the LS.... but with my old G35 they refused to service it at all!!! that was ridiculous...
Old 08-24-11, 07:04 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
all my cars are quite heavily modded, never a problem with my dealership
Henry you are fortunate to live in Cali where modded cars are the norm. Down here only thing modded you see is bright paint and big wheels. When you goto the dealer they kinda frown on you. There might be a handful of other nice cars here local compared to the the dozens in Cali.
Old 08-24-11, 08:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GammaLex
Henry you are fortunate to live in Cali where modded cars are the norm. Down here only thing modded you see is bright paint and big wheels. When you goto the dealer they kinda frown on you. There might be a handful of other nice cars here local compared to the the dozens in Cali.
very true, i feel you. but then the law still stands. unless your aftermarket parts cause the problems, they can't deny warranty work, and they have to prove it. but denying services, that's a problem i guess
Old 08-24-11, 10:45 AM
eddie_k_
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never had that problem with lexus... I have my car dropped and with 22's and never a problem...
Old 08-24-11, 06:39 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it is just the dealer, as long as there aint engine mods that affect the warranty there shouldn't be a problem, wheels spacers are hit or miss, some places wont touch them but, that is still Bull *****...
Old 08-24-11, 10:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

All of my cars have been modified and have had plus size wheels. My G35 had most of the tons of work done to the car at the dealership and the parts were purchased through the dealership. My G35 even had a big technosquare sticker under the hood shouting that I modified the ECU and they still never gave me **** even when I blew and injector on the motor
Old 08-25-11, 07:02 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Check the article below out. My local dealer was trying to say that my lowering module was the cause of my brake malfunction. They worked the problem out but were hesitent in doing so but I always had my lawyers number and this in my back pocket. Basically, unless you chop up the factory wiring or heavily modify any factory parts, they have warranty the issue. I took it to them shortly after they got my problem fixed for a follow up service and asked about alignment. They stated they wouldnt touch it because of the 22s, so I left. Went to another dealer 30 minutes away thats known for modding cars and they said "no problem, we do all they way up to 26s". So I guess it all depends on the dealer. BTW, I've also added the link to the dealer that I deal with now. Check out some of their rides.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ty-intact.html

JMCustomCreations.com