LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-11, 04:22 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default New Wheels

Well guys I gave up on trying to find a cheap no lip 21" wheel to replace my 22" Forgiatos. I just want ed something that looked classier and will ride better. Ill still throw the 22" on for occasions. I ended up going with the good old tried and trued Wald lol. They should be here in a couple of weeks. Ill take some pics even though it wont be anything different. Was loving the Vossen cv5 but no 21". Thanks VIP Auto Saloon for the hook up

Last edited by GammaLex; 11-18-11 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-18-11, 05:11 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GammaLex
Well guys I gave up on trying to find a cheap no lip 21" wheel to replace my 22" Forgiatos. I just want ed something that looked classier and will ride better. Ill still throw the 22" on for occasions. I ended up going with the good old tried and trued Wald lol. They should be here in a couple of weeks. Ill take some pics even though it wont be anything different. Was loving the Vossen cv5 but no 21"
dang. photos!
Old 11-18-11, 05:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, wald. baller

congrats man!
Old 11-18-11, 06:15 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
wow, wald. baller

congrats man!
Im no baller Henry im just trying to be like you. When I grow up hopefully ill have a S class too thumbs up to you Henry I remember your GS400 from back in the day. Thats what got me to get a GS. Also the sc which I still own since its rock solid. Then you were one of the first with a modded LS when they first came out baller there. We all know if was what it should be as a sedan youed still be rockin it. What mods you have on your S?
Old 11-18-11, 06:47 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice! Can't wait to see them!
Old 11-18-11, 07:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Im no baller Henry im just trying to be like you. When I grow up hopefully ill have a S class too thumbs up to you Henry I remember your GS400 from back in the day. Thats what got me to get a GS. Also the sc which I still own since its rock solid. Then you were one of the first with a modded LS when they first came out baller there. We all know if was what it should be as a sedan youed still be rockin it. What mods you have on your S?
hahaa you giving me too much credit man, i am no baller. and if you try to be like me, you will be a very poor and sad man!!! with a 1 yr old at home and another one on the way, i guess i have to really learn the term STOCK i had some plans for the s550, but seriously as of now, i think the car might just stay stock. i have to say, the 18s look stupid on the car (it's even longer than the ls460l)!
Old 11-19-11, 12:44 AM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Selling the Forgiato's Gamma?
Old 11-19-11, 01:00 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well guys I gave up on trying to find a cheap no lip 21" wheel to replace my 22" Forgiatos. I just want ed something that looked classier and will ride better. Ill still throw the 22" on for occasions. I ended up going with the good old tried and trued Wald lol. They should be here in a couple of weeks. Ill take some pics even though it wont be anything different. Was loving the Vossen cv5 but no 21". Thanks VIP Auto Saloon for the hook up
You think no-lip wheels are more classy than lipped?
Certainly more oem-ish but classier......I don't see it but it is kust your opinion.
Can you explain why?
Old 11-19-11, 01:18 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaa you giving me too much credit man, i am no baller. and if you try to be like me, you will be a very poor and sad man!!! with a 1 yr old at home and another one on the way, i guess i have to really learn the term STOCK i had some plans for the s550, but seriously as of now, i think the car might just stay stock. i have to say, the 18s look stupid on the car (it's even longer than the ls460l)!
*ahem* wald black bison *ahem* :P
Old 11-19-11, 07:43 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

I hear what gammalex is saying. I currently have lipped wheels. I like lip and non lip wheels, but I wanted a more stock"ish" look so I am selling my lipped 20s and going with some Vossen CV1s some point soon. Although those have a simple chrome edged lip, the spokes coming to the edge are closer to the stock look IMO. Most if not all newer cars these days don't come with lipped wheels. I know 22s are certainly not stock, but I feel the concave no lip wheel looks pretty nice without looking obviously aftermarket if that makes sense.
Old 11-19-11, 07:53 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That's mainly reason why i decided to get rid of my 21" Wald Mahora. They were too stock looking to me. It really bugged me when my neighbor who has a stock Mercedes AMG says hey you have the same rims I do!
Old 11-19-11, 07:56 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Maybe for me I'm getting older and trying to have a nice ride without a whole lot or attention..probably impossible having an LS even sitting stock lol. I'm even yellin at kids to stop cutting through my yard lol!
Old 11-19-11, 08:23 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ice350
You think no-lip wheels are more classy than lipped?
Certainly more oem-ish but classier......I don't see it but it is kust your opinion.
Can you explain why?
IMHO The lipped wheels with buttons have a industrial high-tech sporty look while the non lipped wheel in my case has that amgish clean lines full spokes that flows smoothley. The 22" I have were also black with chrome lips. Like I said imho a no lip wheel will look classier than my 22" setup. I never said no lips looks classier than lipped. I have to have big lips on my coupe. I got looks everywhere I went gas stations, grocery store, valet at the club but it looks to celebrity or hip hop im think im getting old 29. The 21" after drooling over telmz car has that clean oem sporty look and I love that mild concave in the rear. Im sure I will get tired of these and throw the 22" back on for that murdered out look after a month. I pay my boy at his shop $20 to swap wheels so it will be like dressing up lol. I really would love some VIP Modulars with monster lips and low offsets but honestly on this car I rather not deal with it props to you guys in cali for doing it big slammed with negative camber

My 22" for reference lol

Last edited by GammaLex; 11-19-11 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-19-11, 09:24 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

...props to you guys in cali for doing it big slammed with negative camber
but i haven't seen any 4th gen LS's with negative camber except for platinum vip's demo car and mode parfume's demo car. suspension arms for this car are so expensive T.T
Old 11-19-11, 04:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by cheez80
*ahem* wald black bison *ahem* :P
i actually got a quote on black bison for the w221. i laughed and moved on

seriously, either it's all jdm or just wald, it's going nuts

Quick Reply: New Wheels