LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Help with Negative Camber

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-12, 12:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwillz33
Update: just got a call from the alignment shop, toe being out of specs would be the culprit. Should help a lot. Thanks for all the help!
I would assume that Lexus would know how to align the car when dropped or should it be taken only to an alignment shop
Old 01-04-12, 02:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I would assume that Lexus would know how to align the car when dropped or should it be taken only to an alignment shop
i am not sure if that's a good assumption. dealership knows how to align a stock car because they have the numbers to "achieve". but they aren't pros on lowered cars. and for such cars, most of the time it's about experience on how much toe to dial in and such, in order to make the car drive right.

for example on car that's lowered a lot (camber way out of spec), the toe should also be out of spec as well to compensate. but a dealership might not know that and just put the toe within spec, which will cause a lot of inside wear
Old 01-04-12, 03:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

thanks for the explanation Henry.
Old 01-04-12, 03:37 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Whats up bro im in New Orleans too is your LS red?
Old 01-04-12, 04:17 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i am not sure if that's a good assumption. dealership knows how to align a stock car because they have the numbers to "achieve". but they aren't pros on lowered cars. and for such cars, most of the time it's about experience on how much toe to dial in and such, in order to make the car drive right.

There's a wonderful shop here in Atlanta, known for fixing, setting up correctly, etc, any sort of Alignment situations. It is called Gran Tourisimo East. High end car and racer owners bring their cars to Atlanta to have their cars repaired or set-up correctly. They have an impeccable reputation and are recommended by Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Maseratis, Audi, Aston Martin, etc dealers in Georgia. Most "shops" know of them and speak highly of them. That's how I found them, and they aligned our SL500 after a M-B dealer totally messed it up.

http://www.granturismoeast.com/

We know of owners who have gladly traveled from as far away as Texas to have this shop perform their miracles. And please know, I have ZERO affiliation with this company and have received no compensation whatsoever for this posting.

Best Wishes to all, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Old 01-04-12, 04:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
thanks for the explanation Henry.
nah, we are just all learning, tammer. i used to think spec is golden too, until a highly regarded alignment gave a lecture on alignment, very interesting
Old 01-07-12, 06:41 AM
hotwillz33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GammaLex
Whats up bro im in New Orleans too is your LS red?

Whats up!!!

I actually live in Prairieville but was visiting a friend and decided to visit one of your local shops to see about the alignment (Southern Tire). My car is actually Starfire White, but the next time I'm in your area I will let you know in advance. Maybe we could get together and share stories, lol.
Old 01-07-12, 12:54 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
nah, we are just all learning, tammer. i used to think spec is golden too, until a highly regarded alignment gave a lecture on alignment, very interesting
I think when I do the springs I will have the race shop that does the install also do the alignment. The shop here in AZ I use in DynoComp. They are well known for their time attack STi.
Old 01-17-12, 07:59 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

I learned alot about alignments today from the Grand Turismo East tuning shop here in ATL..they set my alignment the right way now! Car felt better on highway afterwards..factory Specs are considered but these specialty alignment shops are good at math to dial in exactly what your alignment goal is..factory specs are for factotum setups
Old 01-23-12, 05:54 AM
hotwillz33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I learned alot about alignments today from the Grand Turismo East tuning shop here in ATL..they set my alignment the right way now! Car felt better on highway afterwards..factory Specs are considered but these specialty alignment shops are good at math to dial in exactly what your alignment goal is..factory specs are for factotum setups
Excellent, so exactly how much did you spend? I might just head up to see if there is anything they can do.
Old 01-23-12, 07:37 AM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Originally Posted by hotwillz33
Excellent, so exactly how much did you spend? I might just head up to see if there is anything they can do.
Here's their website again:
http://www.granturismoeast.com/

Give them a call. They are not all that expensive. NICE folks .... I spent maybe $ 125 to get my SL500 aligned properly after A M-B dealer messed it up. Then, afterwards, they spent some time with me talking to me so I knew, what I, as an owner, needed to do to get the best possible ride, and keep my car in alignment.

Keep in mind ... they STRONGLY request appointments. Otherwise you might get serviced that day if you just showed up. But, the Good News is, you would hardly be the first person to come from Louisiana to use their services.

(770) 455-0347. (Monday thru Friday: 8 to 6, later on Thursdays). - NICE folks. Give 'em a call !

Wishing everyone a GREAT week ahead !
Mikey Lulejian- Lake Oconee, GA

Once again - Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this company whatsoever and am not compensated for my remarks herein.