LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

using auxillary input

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-12, 03:25 PM
jsands
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default using auxillary input

I have a 2010 460LS. I would like to use a cable to connect my galaxy smart phone to the auxiliary port so I can listen to streaming internet sites. When I try this in my 2009 Honda Ridgeline it works fine but in the Lexus I get no sound out of the car when the phone is playing and the cable is connected. The local Lexus service told me that the auxiliary input only works for stored files like music I would have already downloaded but not for streaming. This makes no sense to me. How does the wire know what the phone is putting into it and why does it work fine on the Honda?
Old 01-16-12, 04:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

welcome to clublexus

so with the cable connected, on screen select AUX, start playing from the phone, but nothing is played on the speakers?
Old 01-16-12, 04:57 PM
marky2mark
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jsands
I have a 2010 460LS. I would like to use a cable to connect my galaxy smart phone to the auxiliary port so I can listen to streaming internet sites. When I try this in my 2009 Honda Ridgeline it works fine but in the Lexus I get no sound out of the car when the phone is playing and the cable is connected. The local Lexus service told me that the auxiliary input only works for stored files like music I would have already downloaded but not for streaming. This makes no sense to me. How does the wire know what the phone is putting into it and why does it work fine on the Honda?
You're right, doesn't make sense. I have an '08, when my phone is connected to the aux port it will play whatever is on the phone, including Pandora or Slacker or streaming video or whatever. It's just a headphone jack.

You are talking about a 3.5 mm plug aux port right? Not an ipod port? I thought Lexus added a dedicated ipod port in 2010.

I know it sounds stupid, but are you sure the head unit was in "aux" mode? And the volume was turned up on the phone?
Old 01-16-12, 05:13 PM
jsands
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oops!

Thanks for taking the trouble to answer. It works fine. I forgot to turn on the audio system. This of course leaves the question of why the Lexus tech gave me such a non-nonsensical answer.
Old 01-16-12, 05:39 PM
marky2mark
Driver

Originally Posted by jsands
Thanks for taking the trouble to answer. It works fine. I forgot to turn on the audio system. This of course leaves the question of why the Lexus tech gave me such a non-nonsensical answer.

Yeah I notice a lot of them just make stuff up. When I bought my car the guy kept trying to upload the contacts from my phone to the car, I kept telling him nevermind I'll do it myself but he insisted he would do it. After about 15-20 minutes he gave up and said that it can't be done because I have Verizon and Verizon blocks it from uploading.

Took me about 5 minutes to figure it out once I got home.
Old 01-16-12, 08:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I had a Verizon phone sales person tell that the reason my wife have the same issue with our iPhones in the car is because Lexus is made by Nissan . (LOL) These people talk out of their asses
Old 01-16-12, 08:16 PM
iceman76
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I had a Verizon phone sales person tell that the reason my wife have the same issue with our iPhones in the car is because Lexus is made by Nissan . (LOL) These people talk out of their asses
Now THAT is hilarious!!! Bwahahaha
Old 01-16-12, 08:31 PM
InRBigness
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously stupid people. The AUX just turns the car into a set of speakers or headphones. It does not matter if you are streaming music from the net, playing music or even a movie. If it plays on your headphones it plays through the AUX. That is the way that NIssan designed the Lexus.
Old 01-16-12, 08:47 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Originally Posted by InRBigness
Seriously stupid people. The AUX just turns the car into a set of speakers or headphones. It does not matter if you are streaming music from the net, playing music or even a movie. If it plays on your headphones it plays through the AUX. That is the way that NIssan designed the Lexus.
WOW ..... This news is really gonna upset the folks over @ Toyota Motor Car Corporation ....... LOL !
Am sure glad I'm not the one to inform them ......LOL !

Y'al play nicely now out in the sandbox ...... Mikey Lulejian - Fishing on Lake Oconee, GA