LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Adjustable Camber Kit online petition..let's try!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 10:36 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
I am guessing that with all of the link devlopment we have done on other Lexus models that this would be straight forward for us to implement without much fabrication. The tapered studs are usually the big hiccup and we have 6 versions currently developed to adapt ball joints to rod ends and make adjustment easy. I am still looking for a rear subframe and the front links to engineer a solution.
I'm not gonna lie, as a former Colorado resident who grew up there, I am very disappointed that not one CO CLer has responded to our cry for help or even so much offered to ask around..as a car lover and always wanting to help...I am so frustrated that I can't do anything from Atlanta and if I still lived in Denver, I would of had my car there with the quickness. A 2600 mile road trip is not possible for me with my schedule right now unfortunately..

Anybody in Colorado, please help!!
Old 02-29-12, 10:41 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by daryll40
What's a camber? Why would I want to adjust one? Is the one I have now, assuming I have one in my LS460 adjustable? If not, why not? And if not, why would I want to? HUH??????????????
If your car is not lowered or you never plan to lower it, you can ignore this thread.

Negative camber is a consequence of lowering a car with performance coil springs, custom air suspension or coilovers. I would Google "what is camber car alignment" if you need more details
Old 02-29-12, 10:51 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CJITTY
I'm not gonna lie, as a former Colorado resident who grew up there, I am very disappointed that not one CO CLer has responded to our cry for help or even so much offered to ask around..as a car lover and always wanting to help...I am so frustrated that I can't do anything from Atlanta and if I still lived in Denver, I would of had my car there with the quickness. A 2600 mile road trip is not possible for me with my schedule right now unfortunately..

Anybody in Colorado, please help!!
Oh and FIGS..thank you for everything!! We'll get there eventually..it will be a great day for us lowered LS owners who want our alignments perfect to maximize tire wear and overall better ride while lowered. I know my acura TL on camber kits actually drove nicer after installation and with proper tire contact on the road, it seemed quieter to me...
Old 02-29-12, 11:04 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

For all the vendors looking at this, here is some info that may help you in your R&D. This thread has some alignment specs posted post tanabe install and you can see what a 1.8" Front and .08" Rear drop will do to the alignment numbers.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-thread-2.html

And here is a specific post of my most recent alignment with scanned pdf

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7054064-post30.html
Old 02-29-12, 11:00 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We should start work on the camber kit sometime next week. Quite excited to see what hes going to come up with.
Old 03-01-12, 03:53 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSP David
We should start work on the camber kit sometime next week. Quite excited to see what hes going to come up with.
Best news yet!! Thanks man!!!!
Old 03-01-12, 09:03 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GSP David
David, for what it's worth, in the link below is pictures of what aftermarket arms looks like for our chassis.

http://www.t-demand.jp/products/proarm_l02.html

Old 03-01-12, 09:05 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Old 03-01-12, 11:52 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

oh goody!!!! i might just wait to put the tanabe's on
Old 03-06-12, 07:24 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Hey folks, just spoke with a real nice guy over at Megan Racing a little while ago and he mentioned they actually had a prototype adjustable setup in work, but during testing on the LS460, it didn't perform to their standards and/or satisfaction over time. So, they are working on other solutions and there is a chance something could be available perhaps this summer. So another potential option is on deck. Hopefully there will be a variety of these for us to choose from as other companies are working toward a solution also, but we need to keep pushing this to make it happen!!!

If the LS460 had more of a MacPherson style strut, they could use the camber plates with their coilovers, but sadly not an option for us...but, at least this is some more encouraging news.

Last edited by CJITTY; 03-06-12 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-06-12, 07:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

to any vendor looking at this thread. I am willing to pay 5-6-700 dollars for these arms. I want to drop my LS but I want to do it right and without having to wear tires down with such a heavy car
Old 03-06-12, 07:58 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree on the price you are willing to pay because i guarantee tires cost wayy more than that!!! I got some michelins ps2 on deck and they aint cheap nor do they last long but the grip is awesome just waiting til these wear down to either jump on pirelli or the ever so popular conti....
Old 03-06-12, 09:45 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Hey folks, just spoke with a real nice guy over at Megan Racing a little while ago and he mentioned they actually had a prototype adjustable setup in work, but during testing on the LS460, it didn't perform to their standards and/or satisfaction over time. So, they are working on other solutions and there is a chance something could be available perhaps this summer. So another potential option is on deck.
As happy as you are for Megan to produce arms for our chassis, Megan has a reputation for terrible welds and really cheaply made joints. If my memory serves me correctly, Megan arms are notorious for bushings giving out and cracks in their welds; quite frankly, I would personally recommend against running Megan arms for your own safety, especially on a chassis as heavy as ours. I can't even begin to fathom/estimate how much damage would be done if there were any sort of control arm failure. *shiver*

Personally, I would be willing to pay $5-700 for each upper control arm if they were made structurally correct. From what I remember looking underneath the car, it almost seems as if Lexus is discouraging the use of aftermarket arms, seeing how the geometry under our cars (specifically the front/rear upper control arms/knuckles) is kinda intimidating.

Last edited by brianlin87; 03-06-12 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-06-12, 10:51 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yep, megan is not known for their quality, that's for sure
Old 03-07-12, 05:41 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Oh snap! For real? I honestly don't know much about Megan and their products. I was shown a coil over set on their website that spoke about camber adjustments on the mount and I wanted to learn more and spoke to they guy who answered. At this point, I want a solid solution so I can really enjoy my lowered LS without worrying about tire wear so much. I'm giving it until Jan 2013 for something to come out or I may either go back to stock or just get a motorcycle for my commute lol. My tires seem to be wearing OK for now, but the hot GA roads this summer will be a great test

Quick Reply: LS460 Adjustable Camber Kit online petition..let's try!!