LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

TSW Wheels good enough?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-12, 11:57 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

are the tsw forged? if not wait on the vossens you wanna save on weight when riding.
Old 02-08-12, 12:01 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextrician
are the tsw forged? if not wait on the vossens you wanna save on weight when riding.
are vossen forged? don't think they all are...
Old 02-08-12, 12:07 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

i know they have a forged line. im not sure if they all are either. good question.

Last edited by Lextrician; 02-08-12 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-08-12, 12:42 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike to the rescue!!! LOL
Old 02-08-12, 01:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
UPDATE-Just checked, should be here next Tuesday!! If you wait, I'll send a Vossen Swag Pack

Good things happen to those that wait We apologize that some stock is low but we have CV1s arriving soon as well as 22" CV4s after the CV1s.

We offer a 5 year warranty as well as being huge supporters of the community here.

Hey Mike I have ben waiting for 6 or 7 weeks for my CV4s and I havent heard a thing. Any idea when they are coming in ?????? I am getting frustrated waiting with these ugly *** stock wheels on the car. HELP !!!! Leo said it would be early February and I havent heard a thing.
Old 02-08-12, 02:37 PM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bumski667
IMO you should wait for the vossens. You will not be disappointed. I feel that TSW is more for the budget minded import-tuner scene (civics, tsx, etc.) , not for a luxury vehicle. But if you like them, it's all up to the owner.
I know there's a lot of Vossen fans on this forum, but to slander another brand without any credible support is unwarranted. From my understanding, I believe very little separates TSW from Vossen wheels (comparing apples to apples here). I actually don't think one has a huge advantage over the other in terms of construction and price; so whether or not they are for the "budget-minded tuner" is kinda like throwing stones living in a glass house.

Personally I think the Vossen designs are more desirable, so my advice to the OP is the wait for the wheels you truly want, rather than settling because of the wait time. Personally I've been waiting since December for some of my parts, and quite frankly, I think the ETA is late April to early May.
Old 02-08-12, 02:50 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

or, instead of buying vossens or tsws, you could buy used wheels -- the classifieds section has some gems:

like these rinspeeds -- shameless plug (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...s460-600h.html)

or brianlin's weds bazreias -- super baller (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...0-fitment.html)

and so on and so forth. you'll find some great deals this way
Old 02-08-12, 03:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I think VOSSEN stands out because of their unique designs, warranty, new fresh styles, and great marketing. I have had two sets of TSW wheels in the past and the first set was great, but my 2nd set ( TSW snettertons) rusted inside the wheel and created bead leaks on 3 of the 4 wheels. I dont know how moisture got into my wheels in a state like AZ. Needless to say after the bead leaks, and the need for a larger car because babies on the way, I traded my car in with the crappy wheels to not have to get new wheels .
Old 02-08-12, 04:03 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

I dont think tsw are bad I just think for the ls you need to step it up! thats all whether that be forged, 2 piece or 3 piece, something in that nature should represent the ls.. I like tsw but I think they lack options in sizes. Preferably I think a nice set of multi piece wheels or be get something different than what is the norm be different..

Last edited by Lextrician; 02-08-12 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-08-12, 05:13 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

I dont tsw are bad I just for the ls you need to step it up thats all whether that be forged, 2 piece or 3 piece, something in that nature should represent the ls.. I like tsw but I think they lack options in sizes. Preferably I think a nice set of multi piece wheels or be get something different than what is the norm be different..
i agree, i'd like to see some more cool multipiece wheels on cars in this forum -- too many people are rocking the same monoblock or multipiece-look wheels here
Old 02-08-12, 06:36 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cheez80
i agree, i'd like to see some more cool multipiece wheels on cars in this forum -- too many people are rocking the same monoblock or multipiece-look wheels here
my badd had to fix my spelling, stupid iphone lol...
Old 02-08-12, 07:54 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just think for the ls you need to step it up! thats all whether that be forged, 2 piece or 3 piece, Preferably I think a nice set of multi piece wheels or be get something different than what is the norm be different..
Originally Posted by cheez80
I agree with these guys,i say carve your own lane go against the grain & do something different
Old 02-08-12, 08:22 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 150 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by bonafyd
I agree with these guys,i say carve your own lane go against the grain & do something different
Its nice being the only LS in ATL with Vossen CV1s, that I know of.. .the wheels just look dope lol...and as this car becomes more mainstream with folks like us who mod, it will seem like more and more folks like the same wheels...not sure how that can be avoided
Old 02-08-12, 09:20 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Its nice being the only LS in ATL with Vossen CV1s, that I know of.. .the wheels just look dope lol...and as this car becomes more mainstream with folks like us who mod, it will seem like more and more folks like the same wheels...not sure how that can be avoided
I gave the OP my opinion without getting deep into the subject which i'd rather not so i'mma just fall back on this one
Old 02-08-12, 09:40 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CJITTY
get more expensive wheels that nobody else will want hahaha

Quick Reply: TSW Wheels good enough?