LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

TSW Wheels good enough?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-12, 06:36 PM
COLEONE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSW Wheels good enough?

I went for the Vossen CV1's but the distributor cant get them for at least 3 weeks and then shipping time to me in VA would put me at around a month and a half. So after doing some 'restricted' shopping at the the store I went with the 22 inch TSW Silverstones (silver). I have the Tanabes on deck ready to go. What's you guys impression of the TSW Wheels? I'll have them by next Thursday. An added bonus is that it seems that most TSW wheels will take the Lexus center caps without a problem.............If Vossen could suddenly get me the CV1's in a decent amount of time I will gladly pay the restock fee and jump ship.

http://www.tsw.com/img/alloy-wheels-...er-std-250.jpg
Old 02-07-12, 07:01 PM
bonafyd
Lexus Test Driver

Hey if you like'em that's all that counts IMO.
Old 02-07-12, 07:13 PM
COLEONE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bonafyd
Hey if you like'em that's all that counts IMO.
Yes. I suppose your're right. Thanks.
Old 02-07-12, 07:41 PM
yodanadane
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a similar problem with Vossen and went with Lexani Cvx-44 I Could not be happier.
Old 02-07-12, 08:03 PM
COLEONE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yodanadane
I had a similar problem with Vossen and went with Lexani Cvx-44 I Could not be happier.
Yup. I believe I've read your posts on this. And if I'm right your car looks very very nice
Old 02-07-12, 08:05 PM
datplayaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Waiting a month for some nice wheels isn't very long IMO, I waited 6 months for some TE's. But if you like the TSW then that's all that matter.
Old 02-07-12, 08:15 PM
COLEONE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by datplayaz
Waiting a month for some nice wheels isn't very long IMO, I waited 6 months for some TE's. But if you like the TSW then that's all that matter.
Yes I agree. In the grand scheme not very long. Just wondering how you guys feel about the wheel. More specifically about the company. I really respect your tastes in this area.
Old 02-07-12, 10:01 PM
kitchamp
Rookie

I've got the Lumarai wheels that are made by TSW, I believe. Only had them for a few weeks, but haven't had any quality problems. They were true and balanced great, chrome finish was flawless, unlike some other newly unboxed chrome wheels I have purchased in the past.
Old 02-07-12, 10:30 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I would personally wait for vossens but I'm biased
Old 02-07-12, 10:40 PM
DubbStep
Pole Position

Im a fan of of the TSW's, do those come staggered? Cause, those would be DOPE!!!!
Old 02-07-12, 10:46 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i agree with what bonafyd said -- if you like em, get em. waiting 1.5 months for anything in the car game isn't very long at all -- i've waited 4 months for coilovers and wheels to show up on my doorstep, and i know some of the guys here looking at crazy jdm aerokits and stuff are looking at 4-6 month waits
Old 02-08-12, 04:59 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I agree if you like them, will have to live with tem then life is good! Waiting is part of the game when it comes to car modding, you learn to have patience. BTW the will looks good and looking forward to seeing it on your 460.
Old 02-08-12, 05:58 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah nothing arong with tsw, it serves to be different. we all have our own taste an when you show us pics you get many thumbs up once they are on. nice choice though. I am like you i hate waiting but sometimes you do have to wait to get things especially if you are going for certain look.
Old 02-08-12, 08:56 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by COLEONE
I went for the Vossen CV1's but the distributor cant get them for at least 3 weeks and then shipping time to me in VA would put me at around a month and a half. So after doing some 'restricted' shopping at the the store I went with the 22 inch TSW Silverstones (silver). I have the Tanabes on deck ready to go. What's you guys impression of the TSW Wheels? I'll have them by next Thursday. An added bonus is that it seems that most TSW wheels will take the Lexus center caps without a problem.............If Vossen could suddenly get me the CV1's in a decent amount of time I will gladly pay the restock fee and jump ship.

http://www.tsw.com/img/alloy-wheels-...er-std-250.jpg
UPDATE-Just checked, should be here next Tuesday!! If you wait, I'll send a Vossen Swag Pack

Good things happen to those that wait We apologize that some stock is low but we have CV1s arriving soon as well as 22" CV4s after the CV1s.

We offer a 5 year warranty as well as being huge supporters of the community here.

Last edited by Brian@Vossen; 02-08-12 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-08-12, 09:28 AM
bumski667
Driver School Candidate

IMO you should wait for the vossens. You will not be disappointed. I feel that TSW is more for the budget minded import-tuner scene (civics, tsx, etc.) , not for a luxury vehicle. But if you like them, it's all up to the owner.

Quick Reply: TSW Wheels good enough?